gcreptile

Businesspeople, Investors, CEO's

Vince Power, music promoter and club owner (Mean Fiddler, Dingwall's) died, aged 76.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, time said:

Vince Power, music promoter and club owner (Mean Fiddler, Dingwall's) died, aged 76.

Thanks to our bassist and manager being bookers for him, we got to play at all of his London venues in the early 90s, but I don’t recall ever bumping into him. I always pictured him as a kind of JP McManus type rather than an Alan Sugar.

On 21/03/2024 at 13:39, Summer in Transylvania said:

Markus Jooste, South African millionaire former CEO of Steinhoff International during the company's 2017 scandal dead by suicide aged 63.

He has been mentioned once before on this site as a (very minor) contender for the 2019 Crowdsourced Deathlist.

we have a suicide thread, the opportunity to use it comes maybe 10 times a year.  Please avail yourself.

• Facepalm 1

Indian billionaire NR Narayana Murthy just discharged from hospital and in failing health.

Also the father in law of Rishi Sunak.

• Like 2

7 hours ago, drol said:

Indian billionaire NR Narayana Murthy just discharged from hospital and in failing health.

Also the father in law of Rishi Sunak.

I wonder if Rishi or his wife stand to inherit anything...

16 minutes ago, Comped said:

I wonder if Rishi or his wife stand to inherit anything...

It's probably a relief for them (as well as us) that he's almost certainly lost the upcoming election. Once that happens, they can fuck off to somewhere without inheritance tax.

1 hour ago, TQR said:

It's probably a relief for them (as well as us) that he's almost certainly lost the upcoming election. Once that happens, they can fuck off to somewhere without inheritance tax.

May want to call it quick then, doubt the guy will last till next year (unlike the King).