Sign in to follow this  
Dr. Zorders

Who Should Be On The 2015 Deathlist?

It's been a good year for deathlist. 21 hits. that could be an all time record!

For that enlightened post here`s your Christmas present early-Enjoy!

PAHAHAH. 11/10.

Based on the fact that it was funny, I'm guessing that isn't actually from South Park (well not recent episode anyway)

I don`t think it is from South Park as I am a big fan and haven`t heard it In the program! It is quite brilliant either way though ha!

Ginger Baker might be a good 2015 pick, despite continuing to work hard he's battling chronic pulmomery obstruction and a crumbling spine and his favoured means of battling the pain is to keep smoking. A heart attack in the heat of a drum solo could - just - be on the cards.

Mary Wilson (Harold's wife)

Clarissa Eden (Anthony's wie)

Mary Wilson (Harold's wife)

Clarissa Eden (Anthony's wie)

You like those ancient ex-PMs' widows don't you?

You weird grandmotherfucker.

Guest Guest

Bill Cosby, George H.W. Bush, Lindsay Lohan, former Pope Ratzenburger, former Queen Beatriz of Netherlands, Prince Phillip, Prince Harry (after William's second child is born), Hillary Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.

Bill Cosby, George H.W. Bush, Lindsay Lohan, former Pope Ratzenburger, former Queen Beatriz of Netherlands, Prince Phillip, Prince Harry (after William's second child is born), Hillary Clinton and Monica Lewinsky.

Hm so it seems those who have caused great "controversy" will not be thought much of.

Interesting theory about prince Harry , with us Brits turning against the royal family another accident like Diana might be on the cards to get sympathy and cull the rebel Harry who is more like his mum they say.

I'm going to say paul o grady saw him on the TV just a minute ago for he first time in ages looks like he has aged alot . Massive heart attack sometime next year me thinks.

with us Brits turning against the royal family another accident like Diana might be on the cards to get sympathy and cull the rebel Harry who is more like his mum they say.

Where did you get that notion from? Queenie & Co are as popular among the great unwashed as they ever were...

How about Gina Lollobrigida?

with us Brits turning against the royal family another accident like Diana might be on the cards to get sympathy and cull the rebel Harry who is more like his mum they say.

Where did you get that notion from? Queenie & Co are as popular among the great unwashed as they ever were...

You think ? Not too sure with cuts and people feeling their wages squeezed they're naturally going to a rise in opposition .

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/news/uknews/theroyalfamily/10206708/Confidence-in-British-monarchy-at-all-time-high-poll-shows.html

value for money question shows 43% think they're 40% think they are not worth the money . Alot of these polls are fixed anyway though.

Instead of relying on Jake LaMotta again, why not switch him out for Lou Duva? Turns 93 next year, haven't heard much out of him for ages, massive name in the boxing community and probably big enough to get the main BBC sport news story the day he dies assuming there's no football on.

Instead of relying on Jake LaMotta again, why not switch him out for Lou Duva? Turns 93 next year, haven't heard much out of him for ages, massive name in the boxing community and probably big enough to get the main BBC sport news story the day he dies assuming there's no football on.

or women's football or tiddlywinks

Never heard of the guy.

• Like 2

I just had a listen to SWO and, ummmm, yeah.... Best song ever? Coming from a bloke who I know to be familiar with Supper's Ready? :o

I am not sure who I would have said if you had mentioned Colin Baker... Probably a non-gay Frank Thring!

OK maybe I over exaggerated just a tad but it would certainly be one to tell Kirsty Young about.

01. Zsa Zsa Gabor

02. Kirk Douglas

03. Billy Graham

04. Prince Philip

05. Gordie Howe

06. Bart Starr

07. Maureen O'Hara

08. Olivia De Havilland

09. Christopher Lee

10. Abe Vigoda

11. George Bush Sr

12. Fidel Castro

13. Bobby Doerr

14. Muhammad Ali

15. Bhumibol Adulyadej

16. Hosni Mubarak

17. Chuck Yeager

18. John Glenn

19. Charley Trippi

20. Buddy Ryan

21. Stephen Hawking

22. Dick Cheney

23. Nehemiah Persoff

24. Hugh O'Brian

25. John Guillermin

26. Norman Lear

27. Fats Domino

28. Glen Campbell

29. Verne Gagne

30. Bobby Heenan

31. Abdullah the Butch

32. Clive James

33. Henry Kissinger

34. Daniel Berrigan

35. Danielle Darrieux

36. Clifton James

37. Louis Jordan

38. Nancy Reagan

39. Rhonda Fleming

40. Lizabeth Scott

41. Ron Moody

42. Jerry Lewis

43. Clint Walker

44. Joss Ackland

45. Gene Hackman

46. Rip Torn

47. Leonard Nimoy

48. Willie Nelson

49. Mary Tyler Moore

50. Nick Nolte

or women's football or tiddlywinks

Never heard of the guy.

Yer da knows who he is

37. Louis Jordan

Ya might want to reconsider that one.

Edit: Oops. It has occurred to me that you probably meant Louis Jourdan... carry on.

01. Zsa Zsa Gabor

02. Kirk Douglas

03. Billy Graham

04. Prince Philip

05. Gordie Howe

06. Bart Starr

07. Maureen O'Hara

08. Olivia De Havilland

09. Christopher Lee

10. Abe Vigoda

11. George Bush Sr

12. Fidel Castro

13. Bobby Doerr

14. Muhammad Ali

15. Bhumibol Adulyadej

16. Hosni Mubarak

17. Chuck Yeager

18. John Glenn

19. Charley Trippi

20. Buddy Ryan

21. Stephen Hawking

22. Dick Cheney

23. Nehemiah Persoff

24. Hugh O'Brian

25. John Guillermin

26. Norman Lear

27. Fats Domino

28. Glen Campbell

29. Verne Gagne

30. Bobby Heenan

31. Abdullah the Butch

32. Clive James

33. Henry Kissinger

34. Daniel Berrigan

35. Danielle Darrieux

36. Clifton James

37. Louis Jordan

38. Nancy Reagan

39. Rhonda Fleming

40. Lizabeth Scott

41. Ron Moody

42. Jerry Lewis

43. Clint Walker

44. Joss Ackland

45. Gene Hackman

46. Rip Torn

47. Leonard Nimoy

48. Willie Nelson

49. Mary Tyler Moore

50. Nick Nolte

Does #44 still come with his "Spunky Backpack" (courtesy of Brass Eye).

Guest Guest

01. Zsa Zsa Gabor

02. Kirk Douglas

03. Billy Graham

04. Prince Philip

05. Gordie Howe

06. Bart Starr

07. Maureen O'Hara

08. Olivia De Havilland

09. Christopher Lee

10. Abe Vigoda

11. George Bush Sr

12. Fidel Castro

13. Bobby Doerr

14. Muhammad Ali

15. Bhumibol Adulyadej

16. Hosni Mubarak

17. Chuck Yeager

18. John Glenn

19. Charley Trippi

20. Buddy Ryan

21. Stephen Hawking

22. Dick Cheney

23. Nehemiah Persoff

24. Hugh O'Brian

25. John Guillermin

26. Norman Lear

27. Fats Domino

28. Glen Campbell

29. Verne Gagne

30. Bobby Heenan

31. Abdullah the Butch

32. Clive James

33. Henry Kissinger

34. Daniel Berrigan

35. Danielle Darrieux

36. Clifton James

37. Louis Jordan

38. Nancy Reagan

39. Rhonda Fleming

40. Lizabeth Scott

41. Ron Moody

42. Jerry Lewis

43. Clint Walker

44. Joss Ackland

45. Gene Hackman

46. Rip Torn

47. Leonard Nimoy

48. Willie Nelson

49. Mary Tyler Moore

50. Nick Nolte

Too many actors/actresses.

Thoughts?

1. The Deathlist is a private thing between a bunch of friends who share it with us, and being based in Britain, is likely to be a product of British culture.

2. Joost van der Weisthuzen is actually South African, discussed by a British based website, picked by international DDPers, and who was a major part of a sporting event turned into an Oscar nominated film by Clint Eastwood in the US. If thats not relatively internationally well known...

3. I don't like ideas which limit the range of the Deathlist.

4. John Craven is awesome. I believe, anecdotally, Newsround was seen in the US. It certainly is now (but hes retired from it, presents Countryfile which is...surprisingly popular elsewhere). But people like him and the late Tony Hart and the even later Jeffrey Bernard are the soul of the list. Lose them because some people hadn't heard of them and we lose a bit of us all.

Whilst I do not think that John Craven would be a good addition to the 2015 list we may do no worse than turn our attention to the other John from seventies UK kids TV. I refer to Joan Noakes who is looking less than healthy these days.

Fellow DeathList committee members. I would like to take the time to make another nomination for the 2015 list. Her name is Diana Serra Cary but is more famously known as "Baby Peggy." Why should she be included? Well, aside from her respectable 96 years, she currently holds the distinction of being the only, I repeat, only living human being on this planet who was world famous in the 1920s, all categories. Once she passes away, an era will come to an end. A symbol of the pre-Great Depression. A salute to the roaring twenties as we ourselves also are fast approaching the twenties, yet a century later.

Surely she's more worthy of inclusion than a nobody like Al Molinaro?

Fellow DeathList committee members. I would like to take the time to make another nomination for the 2015 list. Her name is Diana Serra Cary but is more famously known as "Baby Peggy." Why should she be included? Well, aside from her respectable 96 years, she currently holds the distinction of being the only, I repeat, only living human being on this planet who was world famous in the 1920s, all categories. Once she passes away, an era will come to an end. A symbol of the pre-Great Depression. A salute to the roaring twenties as we ourselves also are fast approaching the twenties, yet a century later.

Surely she's more worthy of inclusion than a nobody like Al Molinaro?

That's a really impressive "statistic"/observation if correct (and surely it is) so well done Predictor.

However I won't endorse her for the list as silent movies bore the shit out of me. She might just be a bit too obscure despite being a last link. But so is Al Molinaro now, he should go.

Even if people have never seen Happy Days anyone old enough will remember him in the Buddy Holly music video which was inescapable(at least in usa anyway) circa 1995-96.

I personally think we should keep Al.I mean the guy is 95 and was really fat when he was younger.A former fatty making 95 is pretty impressive in itself.Baby Peggy is quite an inspired choice I think we should seriously consider her.May I also suggest Jerry Maren the last surviving Munchkin who turns 95 next month.A 95 year old dwarf is bloody rare.He meets the notability criteria as the Wizard of Oz is so famous.He also starred in Planet of the apes and starred as the hamburgler in the McDonalds adverts.

Even if people have never seen Happy Days anyone old enough will remember him in the Buddy Holly music video which was inescapable(at least in usa anyway) circa 1995-96.

Gosh why dont we put on one of the sumo wrestlers from the "Hash Pipe" video too? :rolleyes:

• Like 1