themaninblack

The Dead Of 2015

This one breaks my fucking heart :-(((

Anyone notice the founder of the band Gong died on the same day as Gene Gene the Dancing Machine from the Gong Show?!!

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir C

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gene-patton-dead-gong-show-781394?utm_source=Microsoft&utm_campaign=Syndication&utm_medium=Gene+Patton%2C+Gene+Gene+the+Dancing+Machine+From+'The+Gong+Show%2C'+Dies+at+82

What is going on is whatever is keeping your addled brain whirring at 2:37 am.

Moot point, since for SC it wasn't 2:37am, it was anywhere between 4:37pm and 9:37pm depending upon his precise location (not allowing for any local daylight saving times that are due around now which I cba to look up). That's the internerd for you, people posting from just anywhere....

• Like 2

That's the internerd for you, people posting from just anywhere....

There ought to be a law that only people from nice places can post.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

Anyone notice the founder of the band Gong died on the same day as Gene Gene the Dancing Machine from the Gong Show?!!

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir C

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gene-patton-dead-gong-show-781394?utm_source=Microsoft&utm_campaign=Syndication&utm_medium=Gene+Patton%2C+Gene+Gene+the+Dancing+Machine+From+'The+Gong+Show%2C'+Dies+at+82

I have an illness which means I can't sleep. That's why I spend so much time on sites like this !

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir Chttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gene-patton-dead-gong-show-781394?utm_source=Microsoft&utm_campaign=Syndication&utm_medium=Gene+Patton%2C+Gene+Gene+the+Dancing+Machine+From+'The+Gong+Show%2C'+Dies+at+82

Moot point, since for SC it wasn't 2:37am, it was anywhere between 4:37pm and 9:37pm depending upon his precise location (not allowing for any local daylight saving times that are due around now which I cba to look up). That's the internerd for you, people posting from just anywhere....

Excellent deduction. It was 8:37 as I am CST and with daylight savings (according to my post). I was sitting at my regular pub and someone in my DP posted this one so you know me, I have to share with my awesome British/European friends here in DL site. It's the least I can do. I was probably only about on pint #2 of what would become a dastardly evening of dubauchery at the time of this posting.

Sir C

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir Chttp://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/gene-patton-dead-gong-show-781394?utm_source=Microsoft&utm_campaign=Syndication&utm_medium=Gene+Patton%2C+Gene+Gene+the+Dancing+Machine+From+'The+Gong+Show%2C'+Dies+at+82

Excellent deduction. It was 8:37 as I am CST and with daylight savings (according to my post). I was sitting at my regular pub and someone in my DP posted this one so you know me, I have to share with my awesome British/European friends here in DL site. It's the least I can do. I was probably only about on pint #2 of what would become a dastardly evening of dubauchery at the time of this posting.

Sir C

So you're a debauched american insomniac.

• Like 1

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir C

American? Since when do Americans sit in "pubs" and drink "pints"? He's one of y'all I think.

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir C

American? Since when do Americans sit in "pubs" and drink "pints"? He's one of y'all I think.

That comment speaks volumes. It's where I go and what I drink. I also will kick butt and take names at steel-tip darts. See, the difference is that I've actually been to Jolly Olde England and enjoyed myself thoroughly but regardless any opinion I have is first hand. My sister lived over there for a few years and got married to a Limey (lol). I couldn't care less where a few here get their animosity from re: Americans. It's their personal prejudices they can wrestle with. I find the angst terribly amusing and smile each time. So keep it up :-)

But yes, we have pubs that serve pints over here (not everyone drinks fahkin Budweiser), but sadly no Viz magazines way back when.

Sir C

• Like 1

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir C

That comment speaks volumes. It's where I go and what I drink. I also will kick butt and take names at steel-tip darts. See, the difference is that I've actually been to Jolly Olde England and enjoyed myself thoroughly but regardless any opinion I have is first hand. My sister lived over there for a few years and got married to a Limey (lol). I couldn't care less where a few here get their animosity from re: Americans. It's their personal prejudices they can wrestle with. I find the angst terribly amusing and smile each time. So keep it up :-)

But yes, we have pubs that serve pints over here (not everyone drinks fahkin Budweiser), but sadly no Viz magazines way back when.

Sir C

This must have been a while back then...

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir C

Sir C

That's all entirely possible Mr. Creepy but I still think you're a Limey. I don't drink Bud by the way.

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir C

Sir C

That's all entirely possible Mr. Creepy but I still think you're a Limey. I don't drink Bud by the way.

He's not a Limey - who else but a septic would use the term 'steel-tip darts'?

• Like 2

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir C

Sir C

I didn't know a "septic" was a slang term for an American so thanks for that bit of knowledge. I (as an American) would just say "darts". I'm not sure why modifying it with "steel-tip" would cinch the ID but I'll continue to see him as one of yours for the time being.

Wth is going on ?!!!!!!

Sir C

Sir C

I didn't know a "septic" was a slang term for an American so thanks for that bit of knowledge. I (as an American) would just say "darts". I'm not sure why modifying it with "steel-tip" would cinch the ID but I'll continue to see him as one of yours for the time being.

Septic Tank = Yank

What usually is a good indicator for me is when someone refers to tea, as "hot tea" to differentiate between what us Brits refer to as "tea" and iced tea. Which to me seems a bit pointless as when you're offered coffee, you don't hear someone saying to you "would you like a mug of hot coffee"?

• Like 1

At any rate, Mr. Creepy should notice that no one on either side of the pond is rushing to claim him.

At any rate, Mr. Creepy should notice that no one on either side of the pond is rushing to claim him.

And if they're from the U.S, you can make an educated guess as to where they're from by how they refer non-alcohlic soft beverages. Either as "Pop", "Soda" or "Coke".

US civil rights leader and godmother to Pres Obama Willie Barrow has died aged 90 http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/03/12/civil-rights-leader-rev-willie-barrow-dies/

1. Did you realize Willie is a woman? Lol a tad shocking.

2. Her nickname was Godmother I don't think she was Obama's Godmother.

SC

Perhaps you should attempt to read the first paragraph.

"Civil rights activist Willie Barrow, who was President Barack Obama’s godmother, has died at the age of 90."

"Ms. Barrow was a mentor and self-described godmother to young activists, including the future President Obama. The president said in a statement, “I was proud to count myself among the more than 100 men and women she called her ‘godchildren,’ and worked hard to live up to her example.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/us/rev-willie-t-barrow-a-fighter-for-civil-rights-dies-at-90.html?smid=nytcore-iphone-share&smprod=nytcore-iphone

Perhaps what I really need to do is not waste time pointing things out to a mental midget.

Sir C

US civil rights leader and godmother to Pres Obama Willie Barrow has died aged 90 http://chicago.cbslocal.com/2015/03/12/civil-rights-leader-rev-willie-barrow-dies/

SC

"Civil rights activist Willie Barrow, who was President Barack Obama’s godmother, has died at the age of 90."

"Ms. Barrow was a mentor and self-described godmother to young activists, including the future President Obama. The president said in a statement, “I was proud to count myself among the more than 100 men and women she called her ‘godchildren,’ and worked hard to live up to her example.”

http://www.nytimes.com/2015/03/15/us/rev-willie-t-barrow-a-fighter-for-civil-rights-dies-at-90.html?smid=nytcore-iphone-share&smprod=nytcore-iphone

Perhaps what I really need to do is not waste time pointing things out to a mental midget.

Sir C

Well, either that or get a teaching job with the most challenging students available and hone that pointing out skill to earn you a living.

SC

Sir C

A person can be a godparent to more than one person and they can be an honoury godparent.

The first part I get, as far as I know there are no real limits to numbers of godparents per child or the number of people one can be godparent to, but ok you got me phantom, what's an honorary god parent? Seriously, never heard of it. American thing? Somebody who's an atheist?

and now back on subject ....

"Robert X. Modica, Famed New York Acting Teacher, Dies at 83" - students included Marian Seldes, John Turturro, David Duchovny, Louise Lasser and Rachel Ward, Bill D'Elia, Tyne Daly, Ali Macgraw, John Doman, Scott Cohen, Jennifer O’Neill, Jennifer Beals and Michael Badalucco.

http://www.hollywoodreporter.com/news/robert-modica-dead-new-york-782196

A person can be a godparent to more than one person and they can be an honoury godparent.

As I understand it, godparent is mostly an honourary job.

The first part I get, as far as I know there are no real limits to numbers of godparents per child or the number of people one can be godparent to, but ok you got me phantom, what's an honorary god parent? Seriously, never heard of it. American thing? Somebody who's an atheist?

Pretty much how the article suggests, they're not designated at the time of Christening or whatever. I suppose perhaps that can be described as adopted godparent / godchild.

She declared herself as godmother to Obama, he's ok with it, no one else has contested it.

Personally I don't think the role of godparent carries the same sort of whack as it used to. It's more or a gesture or term of an endearment these days.

back in the days where people were less likely to live to a ripe old age, the godparents would step in to raise the child if something happened to the parents.