Sign in to follow this  
Sean

Who Should Be The New Deathlist Ambassador?

New Ambassador  

24 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

Now Ronnie has been gone a year who should fill his shoes?

Only the Queen: Zsa Zsa!

Nobody.

Sam Simon, I'm sure he is enough open minded to pose with a deathlist tee-shirt / mug like Ronnie did a few years ago !

check all his recent tweets about deathpools, he might even be reading us !

There is no option for it but my answer would be no-one. Ronnie held this title exclusively......

Prince Philip has the same class and sophistication to carry on this title

Got to be Zsa Zsa she is the ultimate survivor and she could be the death list Ambassador for years to come.

Undertaker ;)

I don't really understand what's meant by "ambassador".

Formerly Clive Dunn was a sort of mascot, for want of a better phrase - he was a fixture on the Death List and an exception. Ronnie Biggs did not succeed him in any real sense, but his interaction with the forum gave him a different kind of status.

Are you looking for someone seemingly immortal, in the style of Dunn, or someone who is willing to accept their selection with humour, á la Biggs?

Or someone to be a favourite for different qualities?

• Like 1

I don't really understand what's meant by "ambassador".

Formerly Clive Dunn was a sort of mascot, for want of a better phrase - he was a fixture on the Death List and an exception. Ronnie Biggs did not succeed him in any real sense, but his interaction with the forum gave him a different kind of status.

Are you looking for someone seemingly immortal, in the style of Dunn, or someone who is willing to accept their selection with humour, á la Biggs?

Or someone to be a favourite for different qualities?

To be honest I always used to think that the "Clive Dunn is a DL legend/mascot" bollocks was way overplayed.

That is until just before Christmas when, on another forum, a member created his own dead pool. A couple of members sent their names in having got them from, Quote "That well known site" and ,to quote one member "I check it annually, never the same now that Clive Dunn is gone".

So, Id suggest that those in charge may like to champion a new DL mascot.

Not that they listen, eh.

Both the Dunn and the Biggs things came organically though. The Dunn one was before my time, but reading on here over the years, the committee thought he was ancient back in 1987, and things sort of fell into place from there by accident. (As noted by their ability to drop him from the list several times in the 90s!) As for Biggs, he was described as an Ambassador when they liked to give joke descriptions for folk (see Ronald Reagan, idiot). When Biggs saw the site (after he'd been on it for a number of years), he decided to run with the idea of being the Deathlists actually ambassador, as opposed to ambassador for running off to foreign countries and giving the police laldie.

So to arbitrarily go "Oh, so and so is the new ambassador/Deathlist favourite" misses the point.

There will be such folk in the future, but we'll know them when they appear, rather than try to coronate someone.

• Like 1

Both the Dunn and the Biggs things came organically though. The Dunn one was before my time, but reading on here over the years, the committee thought he was ancient back in 1987, and things sort of fell into place from there by accident. (As noted by their ability to drop him from the list several times in the 90s!) As for Biggs, he was described as an Ambassador when they liked to give joke descriptions for folk (see Ronald Reagan, idiot). When Biggs saw the site (after he'd been on it for a number of years), he decided to run with the idea of being the Deathlists actually ambassador, as opposed to ambassador for running off to foreign countries and giving the police laldie.

So to arbitrarily go "Oh, so and so is the new ambassador/Deathlist favourite" misses the point.

There will be such folk in the future, but we'll know them when they appear, rather than try to coronate someone.

Well said and totally agree!

Sam Simon probably fits the bill given his recent tweets? Mebbes someone could send him a tee and a mug?

Put aside the logic and just consider the frivolity.

Dunn was on more than a few yearly lists, not prolifically so but enough to tie him in to the forum and what its about.

Dunn became a bit of a hook, clearly people who aren't registered on here tie him inextricably to the forum, even after he has long gone.

That's the thrust of it and, probably, what the OP was pertaining to.

Its not a case of saying that there will be such folk in the future,we don't compile the lists, unless the committee deign to create a regular it wont attract the attention, will it.

I actually thought Dicky 'O may have made the last few lists, at the very least, hey ho.

Absolutely no harm in having a DL regular to carry out ambassadorial duties or summat.

Zsa Zsa is clearly the one who is seemingly referred to as "immortal" by Deathlisters and is kind of the new Ronnie Biggs in terms of the consensus being "surely they should be dead by now".Sam Simon has the quality of interacting with the site as Biggs did.Castro is like a Clive Dunn pick-many people I know have told me they thought he was dead.

Kirk Douglas has also had the same amount of appearances as Biggs had though.

Zsa Zsa is clearly the one who is seemingly referred to as "immortal" by Deathlisters and is kind of the new Ronnie Biggs in terms of the consensus being "surely they should be dead by now".Sam Simon has the quality of interacting with the site as Biggs did.Castro is like a Clive Dunn pick-many people I know have told me they thought he was dead.

Umm, vaguely mentioning deadpoolers on Twitter does not mean "interacting".......

Peter Falk.... That one still makes me laugh :)