Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

Technically handing it back doesn’t remove it from someone. Sevreal people have handed back honours and still are formally classed as having one. 

Andrea Leadsom, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Public Health, Start for Life and Primary Care, claims in the House of Commons that babies have teeth 18 months before they’re born.

• Haha 2
  • Facepalm 3

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

Andrea Leadsom, Parliamentary Under-Secretary of State for Public Health, Start for Life and Primary Care, claims in the House of Commons that babies have teeth 18 months before they’re born.

Amazed they don’t just bite off their umbilical when they are released from their womb prison! 

8 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Amazed they don’t just bite off their umbilical when they are released from their womb prison! 

It's their dad's bollocks I feel sorry for!

• Facepalm 1

Talk about poetic justice (and Eton mess):

• Like 1

15 hours ago, TQR said:

Truth!

IMG_9007.jpeg

South Africa are such an anti Semitic country now a days. 

54 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Hislop tearing Berry a new arsehole and doing the job Peston should be doing

Peston was rubbish this week even by his usual low standards.

Berry was practically a living example of the This is Fine dog being asked about the government's problems.

this-is.png

• Like 1

I am not sure he is going to survive this. Tories must be hoping he resigns and than that Layla Moran takes over because she would do badly in the Tory/Lib Dem marginals. 

I have a feeling China is going to invade Taiwan sometime in the next four years and trigger World War 3. 

5 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I have a feeling China is going to invade Taiwan sometime in the next four years and trigger World War 3. 

You're always such a little ray of sunshine. 

It's genuinely a waste of life worrying about when the next big world war will or won't happen. If it does, it does. If it doesn't, it doesn't. Four years on, we are not at war with China last I checked.

4 minutes ago, Toast said:

You're always such a little ray of sunshine. 

I tried being optimistic it only makes me more depressed in the long run. 

18 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

Absolutely zero reason to post this.

NOT POSTING IS AN OPTION.

• Like 2
  • Facepalm 1

This isn't necessarily political but as a nation the UK needs to get over shops closing early on a Sunday, I've just wasted half an hour walking in the cold and dark to get some cheese because the day of the week wasn't at the forefront of my mind. Less than half the country claim to be Christian, a lot less are practising Christians and I'd bet less that 1% still see Sunday as simply 'the lord's day'. The idea is simply outdated.

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

This isn't necessarily political but as a nation the UK needs to get over shops closing early on a Sunday, I've just wasted half an hour walking in the cold and dark to get some cheese because the day of the week wasn't at the forefront of my mind. Less than half the country claim to be Christian, a lot less are practising Christians and I'd bet less that 1% still see Sunday as simply 'the lord's day'. The idea is simply outdated.

It will never change. It’s more likely stricter rules will come in than any liberalising anytime soon. 

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

It will never change. It’s more likely stricter rules will come in than any liberalising anytime soon. 

Tell you what @The Old Crem go watch the movie Beaches with Bette Midler and Barbara Hershey, make sure you have plenty of tissues to hand so you can add to your depressions. Then again the more depressing the more it may turn you on. @Toast is right you are a little ray of sunshine but without the sun.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

It’s more likely stricter rules will come in than any liberalising anytime soon. 

Source?

• Facepalm 1

9 minutes ago, TQR said:

Source?

No plans but I suspect if they tried to amend the law they would be a counter push to tighten it. 

The one that really pisses me off is shops having to close on Easter Day. Christmas Day & Boxing Day I can live with, as that's more of a family time, but not so much Easter Day.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

No plans but I suspect if they tried to amend the law they would be a counter push to tighten it. 

Right, so the answer to my question is "The crank minds of me and my weird family".

• Facepalm 1