Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

3 hours ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Focusing on the truly important issues

Has anybody asked this fully paid up member of Densa what 'woke' means?

Once again, Tories gonna Tory.

As Dr Death and the Dickheads ‘express concern’ over disgraced former Tory peer Michelle Mone’s admission of lying about her involvement in the dodgy PPE contracts, she fires back a salvo saying they all knew about her involvement from the very beginning.

IMG_8583.thumb.jpeg.8cab724d495b6aabe15bed8e1b592346.jpeg

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, TQR said:

As Dr Death and the Dickheads ‘express concern’ over disgraced former Tory peer Michelle Mone’s admission of lying about her involvement in the dodgy PPE contracts, she fires back a salvo saying they all knew about her involvement from the very beginning.

casablanca-humphrey-bogart.gif.d86c5217b0978aabfe22ff05acf9569f.gif

Finally been able to post this now I'm on my computer. Strong vibes from Rishi and Mone here.

3 hours ago, TQR said:

Time's up.

• Like 3

Am I hearing right?

Gove is talking about their housebuilding plans. More beautiful houses in keeping with the area, with better infrastructure which will override local objections. You know that is all well and good.

He then goes on to say the new homes, where they have been built, are worth more than existing properties. Which means they are more expensive to buy. Which means that young or first time buyers will never be able to afford these houses, because they can't afford existing properties!

What a deluded cunt.

• Like 2

The housing crisis isn't helped by the fucking Energy Performance Certificate scam.  Houses below E rating can't be rented out, and there are plans to raise the minimum to C.

It's all very well for recently built houses, but it's difficult if not impossible to bring old houses up to that standard. 

My house is rated F.  It's an old house with solid walls, so cavity wall insulation isn't possible, and the rooms upstairs are partially in the roof, ie sloping ceilings.  There is loft insulation in the small loft area, and when it snows the snow stays on the roof all day, so there's not much heat escaping.  Windows and doors all double glazed.

Next door scraped in at the bottom of the E grade despite having loft insulation, LPG central heating and double glazed windows and doors.

Preventing people from renting out perfectly habitable and comfortable homes - not sure who that's helping.

10 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

*By-Election Klaxon*

Maj. of 18k

My primary association with this guy is still this clip:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

Netanyahu says he is proud that he blocked a Palestinian state. I know it's the Times of Israel but I couldn't find any better news source on this matter. 

Hardline nutjob is surprised when actions lead to hardline nutjobs in opposition. Netanyahu is the worst thing to happen to Israel in decades.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, RoverAndOut said:

Hardline nutjob is surprised when actions lead to hardline nutjobs in opposition. Netanyahu is the worst thing to happen to Israel in decades.

Oh he wasn't surprised by Hamas being his opposition, he actively wanted them to be his opposition, at least until October 7th of course.

• Like 1

On 27/02/2022 at 14:52, arghton said:

https://www.is.fi/kotimaa/art-2000008646284.html

Paavo Väyrynen, Finnish perennial presidential candidate, longtime political heavyweight hospitalised with high BP "caused by Russia's attack on Ukraine"

(Yeah, totally not a trick to get into the news. He's one of the most interesting political personalities in Finland)

Paavo Väyrynen "shenanigans" from the last month...

At the end of November, he said that he had thought of returning his Order of the Lion of Finland star as he wasn't invited to annual Independence Day reception. However, he asked ChatGPT that said he shouldn't.

Days later, he announces he'll hold his own independence day reception. Around 100 locals attended. At the same time he's trying to run for President for the fifth or sixth time but he still needs some supporter cards. You need 20000 of them to register as a candidate.

On the 13th of December he says he thinks he'll win the elections no matter who he's against on the second round. That doesn't age well as a week later it's announced he has failed in getting enough supporter cards. Yesterday he announced he's quitting the centre party and party politics and plans to revive his "Seven Star Movement" (one of his two or three former failed political parties) and says that at 77 he's still relatively young for a man. Today he's saying that there was some kind of a misunderstanding and his supporter cards are in Estonia for some reason.

I'll be sad when he goes and I hope this isn't his last attempt. He's had a long, colorful political career filled with controversies from becoming Member of Parliament at 23, being a government minister multiple times between 1975 and 2011 and then a deserved downfall due to his own greed especially 2016 onwards when he quit the Centre Party for the first time. Prior to that he had  the position of "Honorary Chairman of the Centre Party" and could've retired as a statesman or been in Parliament for a decade more, maybe the rest of his life. Since 2016 he's put more nails into the coffin of his reputation and political career. Unlike a decade ago I don't hate him that much anymore, he's shown his true colors by openly being the greedy bastard he's always been. He's a comic relief of Finnish politics.

The presidential election here will be held next month. The next president will be someone who'll try to mimic what the current (Niinistö) has been during his 12-year tenure. Unless there's some larger scandal it'll be either Alexander Stubb (Nat'l Coalition) Pekka Haavisto (Greens) or Jussi Halla-Aho (Finns). Stubb is a sportsman, many would say failed former Prime Minister, silver spoon in his mouth since birth, given EU posts as a retirement gift. Pekka Haavisto is a centre-right liberal with mostly humane opinions on how things should be done, longest political career out of the three but he's had some controversies...past statements will creep up on him in the following weeks. Jussi Halla-Aho is a right-wing populist but unlike most of them he's calm, smug and hard to annoy. For the first time in my life I might choose not to vote.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Well, we now know what he drops in his Christmas spirit.

He has heard of Bill Cosby, hasn't he?

Oh how they must all have laughed. This is a Minister of the Crown claiming he was having a private conversation, while attempting to excuse his apology.

Could they stamp on the people they claim to represent any more?

Given all these scandals involving individuals with ironic names, how long before Greg Hands is suspended while allegations into handjobs are investigated?

• Haha 1

4 hours ago, Brad252 said:

Given all these scandals involving individuals with ironic names, how long before Greg Hands is suspended while allegations into handjobs are investigated?

There's also an MP named Andrew Slaughter, but he's not a Tory so we're probably spared a bloodbath at the heart of Whitehall. 

1 hour ago, Sod's Law said:

There's also an MP named Andrew Slaughter, but he's not a Tory so we're probably spared a bloodbath at the heart of Whitehall. 

Pity.

• Like 1

Christmas break over for Tories, then - back to the mounting bad news

_132141688_i-newspaper_page1_35755370.jp

• Like 1

And why do you think that might be then, Tim McNulty? Stupid cunt.

IMG_8607.thumb.jpeg.7d3a7754776b4590dafce24260fc2cb7.jpeg

• Haha 1
  • Facepalm 1

"Candy store"? 

Sweet shop,  please.

• Like 3