Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

On 12/02/2024 at 21:32, TQR said:

In fact fuck it, @The Old Crem, in the style of your family favourites Morgan and Sunak, I bet you a grand that neither George Galloway nor Susan Hall are elected. Up for it?

One has happened. Will the other? Two months to find out. 

It was sadly inevitable after Azhar Ali took a shit with his clothes on, but the good news is there's a GE in the not too distant future, in which Labour are likely to cut Galloway's time as an MP short.

I bet Crem's enjoying another doomwank right now. Probably backs Galloway to be PM.

• Like 3

9 hours ago, Brad252 said:

With Galloway expected to win, one of the more 'trivial' goals of his is to get Primark back in Rochdale. Maybe he can buy his next catsuit from it when it opens.

✂️

That’s what happens unfortunately when someone is helicoptered around the country to stand in whatever by-election is happening on a hit and hope basis.

He doesn’t give a shite about Rochdale or anywhere else his name is put down for. 

• Like 4

9 minutes ago, Father Brown said:

That’s what happens unfortunately when someone is helicoptered around the country to stand in whatever by-election is happening on a hit and hope basis.

He doesn’t give a shite about Rochdale or anywhere else his name is put down for. 

I've read he's already got his eyes on Derby South for the GE, the seat Margaret Beckett is standing down from. As you say, he cares not one fuck about the people who put him there.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, TQR said:

I've read he's already got his eyes on Derby South for the GE, the seat Margaret Beckett is standing down from. As you say, he cares not one fuck about the people who put him there.

That feels a somewhat odd seat as it’s only about 20% Muslim. If he doesn’t feel that he can hold Rochdale it’s hard to see him winning Derby South. 

Why would you want to be an MP  for the paedophile capital? Or Wakefield which is vying for the title. 

4 hours ago, TQR said:

Given how close we are to the GE, it will be very easy to highlight Galloway's blatant opportunism and lack of care for x area he's standing in by suddenly changing seats to be a candidate in. He's also supposedly standing for London Mayor, if he goes ahead with that then this will definitely highlight his behaviour.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Saw this on Twitter, election time maybe??

"It is with the greatest regret that I feel my time in this job is up.

I'm fucking off to America where my wife and me can make even more money, so Jeremy Hunt can shove the closue of the non-dom tax breaks right up his arse.

It has been a real privilege to serve my own interests rather than those of the nation and to watch you all squirm under my super tax rises, inflation, and outlandish energy bills. If anyone is interested, there's some potholes in Richmond, North Yorkshire need filling.

Oh and Boris is standing in my seat at the next election, whenever that is. I really don't care." 

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

IMG_9359.gif.208ca0c9b6261d7e3a2e3c9b879a5ff0.gif

praying.jpg

21 minutes ago, Commtech Sio Bibble said:

Not according to Beth Rigby...

• Sad 2

Just now, time said:

Not according to Beth Rigby...

What is more important to Sunak than his family's own wealth? It's deffo the non-dom thing. :lol:

3 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

What is more important to Sunak than his family's own wealth? It's deffo the non-dom thing. :lol:

Its clarifying, once and for all, which party members are horrible cunts, and which aren't.

• Haha 2

Seems rather pointless to go to all this for a boring statement.

He could do this from the comfort of a room or the Number 10 press office, or have an interview or two.

If it is something other than an election or a resignation, then he's being a bit dick-ish.

• Like 1

I think that maybe Sunak would be better calling it now following that by-election last night as it showed that Labour can still be defeated, albeit under quite unique circumstances. But now would be the best time to capitalise on it and maybe not suffer such a catastrophic defeat.

1 minute ago, YoungWillz said:

Seems rather pointless to go to all this for a boring statement.

He could do this from the comfort of a room or the Number 10 press office, or have an interview or two.

If it is something other than an election or a resignation, then he's being a bit dick-ish.

Which, let’s face it, is eminently likely.

• Haha 3

Maybe...and bear with me on this...he's going to the King to ask for a pardon for Huw Edwards, so that Laura K and Clive M don't get the election gig!

• Haha 1

I think it might be to announce he is going to prevent George Galloway taking his seat. 

And also ban protests in central London. With threats to impression anyone attending. 

It's going to be something mundane and crap, like everything Sunak does, but there is a large part of my brain going "can I has an election" like Oliver Twist, or one of those meme cats.

• Like 3

10 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think it might be to announce he is going to prevent George Galloway taking his seat. 

And also ban protests in central London. With threats to impression anyone attending. 

From anyone else this would be an attempt at humour or satire, the scary thing is this is actually what you think...

• Like 1

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

From anyone else this would be an attempt at humour or satire, the scary thing is this is actually what you think...

Well I think the second is pretty likely. It’s what the cabinet and press have been calling for this week. 

15 minutes ago, The Old Crem said:

I think if he did that it would backfire, persecution like that usually leads to greater unrest (that's not me saying he won't do that, that if he does he's being at best very naïve).