Deathray

Political Discussions And Ranting Thread

If you want to keep track of this delusional mannequin, I suggest you use her named thread to keep all her misdeeds together for reference when we bury her.

• Like 2

50 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

If you want to keep track of this delusional mannequin, I suggest you use her named thread to keep all her misdeeds together for reference when we bury her.

Suggestion completely ignored. This is political discussion and a rant about said delusional mannequin who is now mercifully away from a position of power.

She arguably doesn’t deserve her own thread; she was only PM for about half an hour and despite her little goblin face she’s only 47 with no (physical) health problems.

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, TQR said:

She arguably doesn’t deserve her own thread; she was only PM for about half an hour and despite her little goblin face she’s only 47 with no (physical) health problems.

Ah. The Dustin Diamond defence so eloquently put by Sir Creep so many moons ago. :P

Do what you like.

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Ah. The Dustin Diamond defence so eloquently put by Sir Creep so many moons ago. 

Dustin Diamond got a thread in 2006 because he was unstable. 15 years later, he got cancer and died.

Liz Truss got a thread because 80k racists made her Prime Minister. Let us not have to wait 15 fucking years.

• Haha 1

Amazing isn't it that the UK Government can immediately find the money and resources to send search and rescue teams to Turkey.

Meanwhile, yer granny with a broken hip can wait for 30 hours to be admitted to a UK hospital.

This country is rich enough to sort out both these issues. I guess international missions and the lives of Turks are much more important to Sunak than yer granny. Or yer wain. Or you.

In truth, we have enough money to provide both international aid where needed and to provide a functioning health service.

Scrap non-dom status and other tax avoidance methods and impose a wealth tax of 1% for those with a net worth of £5m+. There’s around £80bn/year right away. Then have a look at Brexit which has costed us £120bn/year so far. Then have a look at the dodgy contracts we’ve given out to their rich paymaster chums; the high profile ones we know about amount to a sum in 11-figures.

Point at all of that as an example of money mismanagement, not the resources we may provide to those in need internationally.

• Like 2

Nobody said we didn't have the resources.

49 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

This country is rich enough to sort out both these issues.

I don't begrudge our international aid. But it's a bad look for a Government already looking as sleazy as Tim Curry in a basque. :lol: The message is screw you Britain, we're off to look good elsewhere.

I don't know who we are sending - army, maybe? If I was a firefighter, an ambulance driver or a doctor, I wouldn't be taking their dirty money until my mates got their pay rise.

Watch this space for some dirt on the new Tory Party chair Greg Hands…

• Like 2

30p Lee is Deputy Chair. I actually laughed out loud. The Tory talent pool is now just the last few moisture beads of an evaporated puddle.

• Haha 1

Almost forgot about the time new Tory Deputy Chair 30p Lee set up a doorstop meeting with an equally appalling mate of his during his election campaign. Proper The Thick Of It territory this :lol:

• Like 1

2 hours ago, TQR said:

30p Lee is Deputy Chair. I actually laughed out loud. The Tory talent pool is now just the last few moisture beads of an evaporated puddle.

Going down well with some of his colleagues...... .

• Like 2

15 minutes ago, DCI Frank Burnside said:

Going down well with some of his colleagues...... .

My money’s on Charles Walker. He was the one Tory with the bollocks to speak out the night Truss’ confidence vote ended up being a small riot.

Unpopular opinion: I’ve never met a poor teacher. 

They should learn to live within their means! 

3…2…1…

• Like 1

Teachers’ unions are “commies and bolsheviks”, says Jonathan Gullis, ex-teacher and trade union representative.

More popular opinion: Gullis is a cunt and so is anyone who agrees with anything that festering neanderthal has to say.

• Like 1

Whenever I hear the "teachers aren't poor" argument, I've heard it followed up with how much their husbands make.

• Like 2

16 hours ago, lilham said:

Whenever I hear the "teachers aren't poor" argument, I've heard it followed up with how much their husbands make.

Blimey, then they really aren't poor!

Just the Tory Deputy Chair 30p Lee getting on famously with the BBC radio presenter Verity Cowley, who I’d say did a sterling job of keeping her cool. I’d have probably challenged him to a boxing match like he’s been known to do with journos giving him a not-even-that-hard time.

Full interview, in which he sounds even fucking worse, here.

• Facepalm 2

Following 30p Lee's statements on the death penalty...

• Haha 6

On 07/02/2023 at 11:39, TQR said:

Watch this space for some dirt on the new Tory Party chair Greg Hands…

Don’t know if this is the story to which Maugham referred, but Greg Hands was approached by some Tory activist and then, all of a sudden, his firm was handed a £26m PPE contract. Funny how these things happen innit.

Integrity, professionalism and accountability.

• Like 1

Nicola Sturgeon is resigning as Scottish First Minister. Not clear when or why. 

• Like 1
  • Shocked 2

Genuinely shocked at this. Can only assume irreconcilible internal wranglings over indyref2, with maybe a dash of gender reform bitterness.

Yesterday was National "Avoid Instagram if You're Single" Day. Today it's "Avoid Twitter if You're Scottish" Day.

5 minutes ago, Clorox Bleachman said:

Yesterday was National "Avoid Instagram if You're Single" Day. Today it's "Avoid Twitter if You're Scottish" Day.

So about half the membership on here then? :D

• Like 1
  • Haha 1