Sign in to follow this  
BuriedInCarolina

Val Kilmer

I think it's curious he has to check every couple of months if there is a tumour. Maybe he had one. Or at least, he has some kind of "pre-cancerous condition", like Morrissey's Barrett's syndrome, or something like pancreatitis, only for the throat.

Now seen outside with something that might be a tracheostomy tube, but insists he has no cancer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3346114/Fears-Val-Kilmer-seen-wearing-medical-breathing-aid-assuring-fans-not-battling-throat-cancer.html

He's also got that pumped up steroidy look. Bears a passing resemblence to Piers Brosnan now, or is it just me?

Now seen outside with something that might be a tracheostomy tube, but insists he has no cancer:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-3346114/Fears-Val-Kilmer-seen-wearing-medical-breathing-aid-assuring-fans-not-battling-throat-cancer.html

He's also got that pumped up steroidy look. Bears a passing resemblence to Piers Brosnan now, or is it just me?

Sods law, he's either going to be one of these huge misses due to end stage throat and brain cancer, or one a lot of folk pick (ala Aretha in 2011) who turns out to have utterly treatable things wrong.

Short of a public announcement before Hogmanay, he doesn't feel worth the risk to me.

• Like 2

Sods law, he's either going to be one of these huge misses due to end stage throat and brain cancer, or one a lot of folk pick (ala Aretha in 2011) who turns out to have utterly treatable things wrong.

Short of a public announcement before Hogmanay, he doesn't feel worth the risk to me.

Most of the tabloids take his throat cancer for granted, and the scarf+the tracheostomy tube make me say that they might just be right this time.

On the other hand, early stage throat cancer is not necessarily terminal, and even if he can't be cured, he can linger on for several years or even a decade. (René Angélil has had throat cancer since 1998 and can still provide a sure hit for many teams in 2016 [18 years later].)

56 today! :champagne: I wonder if he is being given a place on next years list as a present!

Well that and throat bleading dramatic and severe weight loss and a tracheostomy tube.More than just a rumour.Why Michael thought this was ok to reveal is beyond me but I see no reason he would lie.According to Kilmers facebook page he will be making some public appearances in the next few days which will either counter or further speculation.

What is a Lee Evans gambit by the way?

Lee Evans Gambit: (noun) Any leaking of deliberately false, erroneous or misleading data relating to a celebrity's health, with the intent of conning fellow DDP players into picking them.

• Like 5

If he really is that bad he could use the following name:

Val Kill me now

DDT's "I've not heard of him, but I hear Drew Carrey has pancreatic cancer" in 2010 was a good one.

I've been at a motor racing event today where Murray Walker was there, looking in great health. He'll make 90 without doubt (next October). However - and I can't verify this with much iweb nformation - I was told by a good friend of mine who is also a good mutual friend of Jasper Carrott, that the comedian is "not in good health" and has "some kind of a disease".

Alll gloriously too vague for my liking and Carrott's website links to a 2013 tour... but said friend is not one for illness-creating or sensationalising.

If anyone wants to plump for the Brummie, then good luck. He goes on my longlist, but I don't feel confident enough to go for him without any back up, so I thought I'd share the information.

Octopus of Oddstock, Posted 20 October 2012 - 09:18 PM

Even when OoO was trying to pull a fast one, his posts still read like they could be narrated by John Le Mesurier.

• Like 5

I'll forever have that blotch of falling for Spade's Scott Thorson trick in my first DDP year. At this point the only survivors of that roster are Middle Eastern gambits that failed to pay off, and drama queens like him and the Superstar! :D

I can't wait to divulge my inside knowledge that I, very coincidentally, received, about a celebrity with cancer, who is going to be picked by a couple of expert deadpoolers, but who, as I know, is already doing better.

• Like 1

A few years back, I fell for a Manuel Noriega is terminally ill hoax played on me by a political pal. In revenge, I randomly told him I'd heard Simon Hoggart was "in a bad way", so they picked him for the deadpool they were in.

You know what happened next? Hoggart went and bloody died, the bastard.

• Like 13

I can't wait to divulge my inside knowledge that I, very coincidentally, received, about a celebrity with cancer, who is going to be picked by a couple of expert deadpoolers, but who, as I know, is already doing better.

"Already doing better" is a euphemism for "feeling good, but will snuff it anyways"

"Already doing better" is a euphemism for "feeling good, but will snuff it anyways"

Could be, yes, it's only second-hand knowledge, not first-hand.

Regardless of the source, advanced cancers might trick you into believing that you could beat them and then strike back even more vigorously.

Poor Rob Ford might have already believed that he could win when his initial tumours had been successfully shrunk and resected, only to come back and kill him in like three months.

Or we could also quote the poor Steve Hewlett:

It gave me three or four months of improvement and without that I might not be here now. Now I have uncertainty again. I feel as if I have been given notice, that’s all, but can’t know yet if I will be one of those who respond well to the next kind of chemotherapy. There is only around a 4% chance of full remission in any case.

So even if Val thinks he is safe now, if his cancer really was stage 4 (like the one beaten by Michael Douglas), he might be in for an unpleasant surprise next year.

Regardless of the source, advanced cancers might trick you into believing that you could beat them and then strike back even more vigorously.

Poor Rob Ford might have already believed that he could win when his initial tumours had been successfully shrunk and resected, only to come back and kill him in like three months.

Or we could also quote the poor Steve Hewlett:

It gave me three or four months of improvement and without that I might not be here now. Now I have uncertainty again. I feel as if I have been given notice, thats all, but cant know yet if I will be one of those who respond well to the next kind of chemotherapy. There is only around a 4% chance of full remission in any case.

So even if Val thinks he is safe now, if his cancer really was stage 4 (like the one beaten by Michael Douglas), he might be in for an unpleasant surprise next year.
Yeah. I'm not really seeing enough evidence of cancer to have him on my DDP team. I might play him in other deadpools though