Sign in to follow this  
Bibliogryphon

Sir John Hurt

Well, he made the Wimbers Final.

Looks thin as spam right enough.

wim4-large_trans++FEEiND-iVAHWLoyxZQxvew

to be fair he looked worse last year. Never looked healthy.

RIP, I did not pick him this year as there had not been many updates etc. Elephant man was a great movie.

RIP, I did not pick him this year as there had not been many updates etc. Elephant man was a great movie.

Funny thing, Bobby Mugs, I had both him and you on my minor league roster in the 2016/2017 Death League. I now think he was a poor choice but you may be back on the team in 2017/2018.

• Like 1

Rip Robert Mugabe 1924-2017. I didn't pick you for the DDP, but I knew that was a mistake. I should've trusted my instincts.

• Like 2

Rip Robert Mugabe 1924-2017. I didn't pick you for the DDP, but I knew that was a mistake. I should've trusted my instincts.

He recently arrested a man who predicted his demise in 2017:

http://www.bbc.com/news/world-africa-38651506

Shame on you for trying to keep news from your DL colleagues Bobby Mugs!

• Like 1

No news is bad news when it comes to pancreatic cancer. What a surprise.

I guess being alive is now an... alien concept to him?

Doctor%2BEvil.jpg

Such a fine actor. R.I.P.

• Like 1

Shocking how quickly he exited.

RIP....his acting will resonate.

SC

I'm not sure, but if you only waited another 5 days...

In all seriousness though, he was a very talented actor. I actually saw Alien for the very first time last week, and it was an amazing movie. I need to check out some more stuff by him, but from what I seen, he was an amazing actor. Rip.

• Like 1

This one's a very sad one. I mean, its a hit on my list, but very sad nonetheless.

I have just got off a flight from Addis Ababa and opened this site over breakfast at Frankfurt Airport. It nearly ended up with muesli everywhere.

No More War

I'll never forget when he played the role of the tory MP Alan Clarke in The Alan Clarke Diaries. His final scene as his character walked off into the sunset dying of cancer always stuck in my mind.It's even more poignant now he has died from cancer himself.

• Like 2

Very sad. a truly talented actor. RIP

He's got unreleased stuff still to come out including an appearance playing Neville Chamberlain.

Likely the various awards committees will look hard at these, eh?

I forgot he had played Alan Clarke.

He did seem to be willing to take on roles that were seriously challenging and not automatically accessible.

I didn't like his character in the fourth Indiana Jones film but that was such a massive mess it is hardly his fault.

He gave the impression that it was important for him to be working as an actor which is why there is such a breadth through Doctor Who, Merlin, Indiana Jones and Harry Potter to the more high brow stuff.

Looking at the various post I keep being reminded of stuff that he had been in that I had forgotten.

Quentin Crisp, Caligula, Joseph Merrick, Trevor Bruttenholm etc etc what an actor.

• Like 2

Quentin Crisp, Caligula, Joseph Merrick, Trevor Bruttenholm etc etc what an actor.

He was Caligula in I, Claudius. I was getting confused with Malcolm McDowell who played him in the film version.