Sign in to follow this  
The Unknown Man

The 10Th Death Of 2015

Who will be DL 2015's 10th hit?  

60 members have voted

You do not have permission to vote in this poll, or see the poll results. Please sign in or register to vote in this poll.

I changed my vote to Valerie Harper :-)

Is that cheating ?

Only if she's just died

Well, she was reported to be in a coma, which is not the same as death, but adding the pieces of the puzzle together (incurable brain cancer + felt worse the whole week + said to be in a coma), her prognosis seems pretty bleak. I'd say it's cheating...

she has been released now apparently

Reports are conflicting, if you take a look at the hospital's statement (released today), it's really ambiguous:

"UPDATE: On Friday, July 31, York Hospital gave Us Weekly an update about Harper. "At York Hospital our patient’s privacy is of the utmost importance. As reports in the community have been released about Ms. Harper, we are able to acknowledge that she was brought to York Hospital on Wednesday evening but is no longer under our care," the statement read. "While our thoughts are with Ms. Harper and her family at this time, we are unable to provide any additional details on her condition or location."

http://www.usmagazine.com/celebrity-news/news/valerie-harper-hospitalized-in-maine-before-theater-performance-2015307#ixzz3hUlDyRQm

So she is not under "their care" but they didn't say she was sent home. One source, quoted by ET, claims she has been transferred to a different hospital. Another source claims she's been discharged and is resting at home. They don't give any information on her condition, some say she is in a coma, others say she's "resting comfortably".

I guess we have to be cautious, but since no one tries to deny that she does have terminal cancer, this episode was quite significant either way.

According to Time she has been realeased from hospital http://time.com/3979721/actress-valerie-harper-hospital-released/It also says she is experienced at battling cancer. Perhaps it's something you can develop a skill for.

Yeah, I see, but the article is dated 30 July and quotes deadline.com as its source. The timestamp there is older than that of the report released by ET. http://www.etonline.com/news/169019_valerie_harper_in_a_coma_source/

So more recent reports admit that the situation is unclear:

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/664740

And - as I quoted above - the hospital's statement (issued today) is also amiguous...

According to Time she has been realeased from hospital http://time.com/3979721/actress-valerie-harper-hospital-released/It also says she is experienced at battling cancer. Perhaps it's something you can develop a skill for.

Yeah, I see, but the article is dated 30 July and quotes deadline.com as its source. The timestamp there is older than that of the report released by ET. http://www.etonline.com/news/169019_valerie_harper_in_a_coma_source/

So more recent reports admit that the situation is unclear:

http://www.newsmax.com/t/newsmax/article/664740

And - as I quoted above - the hospital's statement (issued today) is also amiguous...

Sure, there's definitely some forces at play trying to create a an optimistic message whether misplaced or not. I guess the journos are just quoting each other and no one is actually going down to the hospital to check what the real situation is. That's the web for you I guess.

I've voted for Hosni Mubarak without any particular reason.

Vera lynn .

Go fuck yourself. There are at least 10 more people who "could have" been the 10th hit.

Edit: Oops, didn't realize he was on a previous year's list. Still, I don't think it matters.

I agree, the guy had a highly treatable form of cancer (Hodgkin's lymphoma), which was in remission at the time of his death (from cardiac arrest). Yeah, he was included in 2007, but he wasn't famous or ill enough to be included for 8 subsequent years, just in case he "might" (with like 10% probability) die that year. Considering the Deathlist has about 7-14 hits each year, that simply isn't good enough.

Sallis.

Grim Up North and one other voter were right with George Cole.

• Like 1

So basically I pick two people to be hit # 10 and neither of them came in. I'm great at this game :-(

• Like 2

Death list is on a role at the moment, heard George Cole was ill but he never entered my head for some reason.

• Like 1

Guest Guest

only the 2nd year in deathlist history to get into double figures before the end of august. the only other year was 2008 who were on 11 hits by now, but the 12th hit wasn't till October so we have plenty time to beat it !

• Like 1

only the 2nd year in deathlist history to get into double figures before the end of august. the only other year was 2008 who were on 11 hits by now, but the 12th hit wasn't till October so we have plenty time to beat it !

What, are you seriously advocating a mass celebratory wank?

No wonder you won't sign up and tell us where you live.

• Like 6

Guest Guest

posts like that guarantee I will never tell you where I live !

I've gone for Prince Philip. We're overdue a royal funeral.

I went for the king of Thailand for similar reasons, but this here thread is now endangered, we'll soon be posing our guesses for death #11.

I've gone for Prince Philip. We're overdue a royal funeral.

I went for the king of Thailand for similar reasons, but this here thread is now endangered, we'll soon be posing our guesses for death #11.

Not so much endangered as now officially irrelevant

Not even on 3/4 of the year and already there are 10 scores! 10 would be a decent yearscore.

• Like 1

Not even on 3/4 of the year and already there are 10 scores! 10 would be a decent yearscore.

We can do better

• Like 1