Rude Kid

Derby Dead Pool 2006

Well, what is Death List? It started with students having a laugh...

DL should be proud of being the oldest ongoing British deadpool...

Leave egames to their Frats and Thanksgiving and Trick-or-Treats and Cookies

and all that.... :pop:

BTW, I wonder what the oldest European deadpool is?

Dunno about the oldest European one; mebbe Opus Dei have been running theirs for centuries and still huddle in gloomy corners to laugh at the rest of us bumbling newcomers, or summat.

PW Botha, the old bastard is dead.

Rotten Ali has already mentioned the teams who pick up points, surprisingly not much change in the top scores, apart from our very own Slave To The Grave, now in the top 15.

Congrats!

American Pulitzer Prize-winning writer, William Styron has died at the age of 81. Congratulations to the "Go Fish" team for their unique selection

BBC obit

Bulent Ecevit's demise gives 4 points to these teams,

Dead As A Dodo

Fallen Sparrow

Ready, Steady, Deady

Time Is NOT On Our Side!

Tramp The Dirt Down

Wishin' on a (Death) Star

Congrats to them.

As Phantom has posted, Diana Coupland is dead.

That's an excellent choice by Vassili Zaitev, and gets them their first points of the year.

But another choice, little Kirsty Howard, now 11, is still going strong, bless her little cotton socks.

Kirsty & friends raise loads

As Phantom has posted, Diana Coupland is dead.

That's an excellent choice by Vassili Zaitev, and gets them their first points of the year.

But another choice, little Kirsty Howard, now 11, is still going strong, bless her little cotton socks.

Kirsty & friends raise loads

Looks like the censor filter has stopped blocking her name.

Good for her though! Hopefully people who've picked Howard this year will shift their preferences towards Mr. Mushtaq instead... :P

Palance's passing gives 4 points to these teams,

Dave's Dead, Aye Dead Drunk

Holicman

Hung Like Kong

Jossy's Giants

Loulou's Lions

Pushing Up The Daisies

The Coffin-Dodgers

The Royton Rovers (Rita, Dave & Kevin Too...)

Congrats to all on their star hit.

Palance's passing gives 4 points to these teams,

Dave's Dead, Aye Dead Drunk

Holicman

Hung Like Kong

Jossy's Giants

Loulou's Lions

Pushing Up The Daisies

The Coffin-Dodgers

The Royton Rovers (Rita, Dave & Kevin Too...)

Congrats to all on their star hit.

C'mon Charlton, Harold, Saddam...you know where the door is! :banghead:

Congrats go out to Ready, Steady, Deady and Whitaker's Choice for correctly predicting the death of Edward Ford!

That's Sir Edward Ford, GCVO, KCB, ERD, if you don't mind, you young rapscallion.

As the obit says, he was vigorous in his old age, which despite him being 96, put me off choosing him for a number of dead pools - shows what I know........

Congrats go out to Ready, Steady, Deady and Whitaker's Choice for correctly predicting the death of Edward Ford!

That's Sir Edward Ford, GCVO, KCB, ERD, if you don't mind, you young rapscallion.

As the obit says, he was vigorous in his old age, which despite him being 96, put me off choosing him for a number of dead pools - shows what I know........

Things aren't so bad OoO, after all you're in the Top Ten of DDP now! :ghost:

Hey, if I can't receive the honour, I don't recognize the honour. :ghost:

Robert Altman's death is a hit for:

• Dave's Dead, Aye Dead Drunk
  • Thanatopsis
  • The Anfield Iron
  • We Don't Talk Anymore

No one of us, is it?

regards,

Hein

Things aren't so bad OoO, after all you're in the Top Ten of DDP now! :D

Yes, that's rather surprising isn't it!

CP, if you work hard enough & toady around the Royals for long enough as a Canadian citizen, you too could be Sir Canadian Paul GCVO, KCB, ERD :P

The proposed new scoring system for the DDP should certainly shake things up, I'm all for it.

I certainly now won't be selecting anyone over 79.

Nick Clarkes death gives 5 points to,

The Happy Desk

We Spin Terror

This means We Spin Terror is now in joint 3rd with Already Dead.

Edited by Tempus Fugit

The new scoring system makes entering the DDP a waste of time and effort.

People have been making their teams to comply with the old system. Now we have to reconsider!

I kinda agree with both Tempus & Windsor. I've just got down to my final shortlist of about 40 ish but some of those will have to be reconsidered now & I really have to think if it's worth bringing in other people who are more an outside shot.

As if all 20 on your list die but they're all over 90, then you could be getting 66 points (3 for each & joker).

If you've say 13 die in their 70's, and one's a joker, that's 70 (I think)

But a change might not hurt. I certainly think picking very old people is a little too "easy" and would actually like a further penalty for 100+ and for executions to encourage more "out of the box" thinking, like Steve Irwin.

Although ultimately, I would say, if it ain't broke, don't fix it. If all these new teams are entering, it must be doing alright as it is.

I think what'll happen is I'll still enter roughly the team I was likely to enter, but perhaps with one or two tweaks.

It would be much better if points were awared out of 10 through 2 scales.

Age and popularity.

For example: 100+ =1, 85-100= 2, 70-85=3, 50-70=4, 18-70=5.

This makes more sense as being a deadpool of famous people, they are likely to die in old age. What is the point of giving the higest number of points to a group of 30-40 year olds?

At the same time, there should be a scale for the number of times a particular celebrity has been chosen. I mean, who doesn't have Ariel Sharon on their 2007 list?

1-10= 5, 10-25=4, 25-50=3, 50-75=2, 75-100 = 1, 100+ = 0.

So say a 86 year old who appeared on 54 list die:

2+2= 4 points.

A 72 year old on 23 lists:

3+4=7 points

Then you would do all the bonus shite.

Then again, what do I know...

It's their deadpool, their rules, so whatever the DDP organisers decide is fine by me, I'll just tailor my team to whatever rules they choose.

Although I hope they stick to their proposed changes and don't over complicate things.

It's their deadpool, their rules, so whatever the DDP organisers decide is fine by me, I'll just tailor my team to whatever rules they choose.

Although I hope they stick to their proposed changes and don't over complicate things.

Agreed. I also would not mind them eliminating candidates under 18.

Well I've sent Rude Kid & Siegfried Baboon my thoughts. In greater depth, I'm broardly against the change. Only this last weekend I've populated my next year's star list (short of updating on breaking news) But like TF says its their pool and we will enter a team to their rules. I can only ask that with 5 weeks to go they make a quick discision to move to any confirmation of re-working of the points system 'cus I'll have to rethink and re-jig 700 entries to know with greater confidence my definative new top twenty.

Like OoO I'm also in favour of giving fewer points for over 100 years of age people. Hear what you say and did write something very similar. Yes the DDP points system is a bit on the simple side but look how many teams they still have who are yet to get off the mark!

If I were starting over and offering points for dead pool picks then using a subtraction system would be my first base start point. The oldest person ever, was about 121 - so a successful hit would be a base score say 125 points (next nice round number) - minus a point for each birthday the person has celibrated. A seventy five year old would be worth 50 points, a hundred year old getting 25 points. Now with this system you will find fewer entrants tied on the same number of points and get a fairer more representative leader board.

Under 16's are I think a below the belt pick. I've only done it once and I don't want to do it again.

Joker double points are well worth keeping but if its a simple single digit point system to be kept, then how about us listing 21 names and having an even better chance to get hit.

I like Windsors idea about the extra points for the banded unique pick / popular picked persons - even down to the bands verses points outlined. Currently getting a Saddam or Sharron hit is all to easy for all two hundred but the almost unique hit gets you no more points. To keep it simple maybe +3 points for a unique pick and +1 point if less than 10 people have that person.

Finally I don't like the extra bonus sugestions - re-dieing on you birthday or on the 13th of the month.

From my email to DDPHQ:

I like the idea of a better scaled scoring system, although I think the scale range may be a bit wide. I'm not going to discuss that, it's your dead pool. I like the new bonuses.

I have no Fundamental Objections against allowing under-18s. A possible drawback of the proposed scoring system is that it'll be a strong incentive to find 0-19 picks. I don't know if you recieve any 'flak' for child picks, but it may get worse.

I like Windsor's idea of making the number of teams a pick is in a scoring factor too.

May I invite Rude Kid to join the conversation?

regards,

Hein

From my email to DDPHQ:
I like the idea of a better scaled scoring system, although I think the scale range may be a bit wide. I'm not going to discuss that, it's your dead pool. I like the new bonuses.

I have no Fundamental Objections against allowing under-18s. A possible drawback of the proposed scoring system is that it'll be a strong incentive to find 0-19 picks. I don't know if you recieve any 'flak' for child picks, but it may get worse.

I like Windsor's idea of making the number of teams a pick is in a scoring factor too.

May I invite Rude Kid to join the conversation?

regards,

Hein

You may as well invite him.

Most of us are members of his deadpool thus he can get a good feedback from the forum.

My overall concern with the new system is the age thing. Most people die over 70 but thats not reflected in the scoring. I can see the idea, but it has been taken too far.