Spade_Cooley

Deadpool Detective Work

44 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

No takers for this? Would be really interested.

There's little out there. You need someone with some local knowledge or dedicated fans - more likely on FB, maybe an appeal on there through some fansite might be better.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Master Obit said:

No takers for this? Would be really interested.

Sorry, been very busy lately. Totally missed your post.

Ann Innes Meo
Born Herne Bay, Kent on 14th May 1920.
Lived in Bloomsbury when she worked for the Beeb, married surname was Cansdale.
Moved to France in 1987 according to the link you shared. Was still living there in 1996 when she was interviewed.
Died in Bellême, France on 4th April 2020, just one month shy of 100. Death record here.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 2

13 hours ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Sorry, been very busy lately. Totally missed your post.

Ann Innes Meo
Born Herne Bay, Kent on 14th May 1920.
Lived in Bloomsbury when she worked for the Beeb, married surname was Cansdale.
Moved to France in 1987 according to the link you shared. Was still living there in 1996 when she was interviewed.
Died in Bellême, France on 4th April 2020, just one month shy of 100. Death record here.

This is incredible work, huge thanks. A very talented question setter, and responsible for a lot of great television.

• Like 1

Anyone know if actress Eunice Christopher still alive?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0160554/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_0_nm_8_q_euince%2520christopher

1 hour ago, cgay said:

Anyone know if actress Eunice Christopher still alive?

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0160554/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_0_nm_8_q_euince%20christopher

I found this obituary. The birth date doesn't quite line up, as the person here would've been born in 1921 or 1922, instead of 1924. However, someone left a message less than a month after the death which shows they thought it was the actress in question:

https://www.legacy.com/us/obituaries/louisville/name/eunice-christopher-obituary?id=22763568

Armando Silvestre gets THR obit.

• Like 1

Actress Patricia Michon still alive? 

https://www.imdb.com/name/nm0585250/?ref_=nv_sr_srsg_0_tt_0_nm_8_q_Patricia%2520Michon%2520

Anyone able to find out any information on the age or living status of British actor Griffith Davies (IMDb), active from 1961-1984. Helpful information is that his full name is (or was) Michael Griffith-Davies and married Jacqueline Ellis in 1964, but the couple have since divorced.

On 08/12/2021 at 22:10, Ulitzer95 said:

Is French actor Georges Rivière (wiki) still alive?

Some sites, including IMDb, claim he died in Cannes in 2011, but a search in the French death records returns no such record. The Georges Riviere who died in Cannes in 2011 was born in 1921 and had different middle names...

He'll be 97 if still alive. His spouse, actress Lucile Saint-Simon (wiki), is 89.

@Ulitzer95 @La Tombe @Lafaucheuse 

I finally solved this mystery. Georges Riviere and Lucile Saint-Simon are still alive. They have both lived in Ibiza, Spain since 1960. I spoke privately with Lucile's daughter, Karina Verlier, who is also an actress. She told me that three years ago she had contacted them and if any of them had died, she would have reported it. She also told me about Riviere's fake death, which seemed completely meaningless since it was all fake beacuse in 2017 she talked to them on phone. His date of birth is 1924 not 1920 according to her.

Hard but worth it :)

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

2 hours ago, Gisooo said:

@Ulitzer95 @La Tombe @Lafaucheuse 

I finally solved this mystery. Georges Riviere and Lucile Saint-Simon are still alive. They have both lived in Ibiza, Spain since 1960. I spoke privately with Lucile's daughter, Karina Verlier, who is also an actress. She told me that three years ago she had contacted them and if any of them had died, she would have reported it. She also told me about Riviere's fake death, which seemed completely meaningless since it was all fake beacuse in 2017 she talked to them on phone. His date of birth is 1924 not 1920 according to her.

Hard but worth it :)

@Gisooo It was three years ago….no news more recently ? 

19 minutes ago, La Tombe said:

@Gisooo It was three years ago….no news more recently ? 

For private reasons, the circumstances are not revealed, but Lucile was married to actor Jacques Verlier, then divorced and married Georges. According to their daughter, their marriage took place in Spain, since then they have lived there. Karine stayed in Switzerland with her father until he died in 1992 as she was the only child Lucile had with Jacques. Jacques married the actress Marion Game (1938-2023) with whom he had 3 sons, while with the last wife Florence (not famous) he had no children. Florence died in 2004.

She doesn't live near them, but if Georges had died, she told me that she would have edited his French wiki. As for Lucile, she told me that in October she will turn 92. They are alive.

On 01/12/2022 at 17:38, Gisooo said:

Is British trumpeter Duncan Campbell (Wiki) still living?

What about opera singer April Cantelo (Wiki) ?

April Cantelo dead at 96.

• Sad 1

I was going to post this

Anyone fancy seeing if we can find conclusive evidence for the alive/dead status of the four minor Muhammad Ali opponents I wrote about a couple of years ago?

George Logan (c 1937): Was definitely alive in 2016 when Ali died, became a policeman after leaving the sport so would probably get some sort of write-up if he was dead.

Don Warner (1939): One of Ali's early sparring partners, later converted to Islam under the name Hasan Muhammad. Can't find any details of him from the past 50 years on a quick Google.

Alex Miteff (1935): Argentine boxer, both he and Ali had small parts in the movie Requiem for a Heavyweight. Guy claiming to be his nephew says he's still alive here, but has apparently been in a rest home for years.

Jimmy Robinson (1924/5): This is the infamous lost Ali opponent, who has been the subject of numerous articles over the years, most famously this ESPN piece. Last confirmed sighting of him was a Sports Illustrated Where Are They Now interview in 1979. Almost certainly died in the poor house.

Robinson will surely remain forever lost. Miteff.... if he is alive, then he will have spent 13 years in a care home and be 89 this year. His care home is in Manhattan, after he retired from boxing he became a trainer at Stillman's Gym in New York. Was definitely on boxing historians' radars in the 2000s as he did interviews then, so I'm tempted to say he's still alive, but... 13 years in a care home? Warner I have no clue. Willing to promote Logan to 100% definitely alive as he's a big character in his local area (was the local truant officer, ran a bowling alley) and there's video footage here of him two years ago.

• Like 1

On 24/11/2022 at 17:51, Gisooo said:

I would be very happy if you solved this for me

Jacqueline Fontaine (IMDb), actress born 1927, birth name Joyce Romeo, married two times. I can't find her anywhere?

Well, actress Jacqueline Fontaine (Wiki) who appeared during the Golden Age of Hollywood looks like died almost 30 years ago.

Her IMDb is updated as she died on August 1, 1995 in Las Vegas, Nevada at the age of 67.

Here is the source.

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Came across this while searching for Samson Burke info. Apparently on a podcast episode last year, Jerry Brisco said that pro-wrestler The Great Bolo/Al Lovelock (real name Alexander Newman) was still alive and living in Canada. If this is true, it'd make him around 107, so tbh I'm skeptical. Wikipedia doesn't have a death date for him though (some wrestling websites do, 28 August 1984). His brother was a politician who died in 1995.  We do have some immigration papers online so we know a definite DOB and where he lived for a while... any takers?

XtcmQpM.jpeg

Brisco was once the source for his own premature death announcement on Twitter when he got confused and texted DDP the wrong info (he'd recently suffered a stroke at the time). I'm not sure he's a massively reliable source!

• Haha 1

I think I know where the 28 August 1984 date comes from, I don't know if it's accurate though. There's a grave in Amarillo, Texas, for an Alexander Charles Lovelock, who has the same date of birth and was married to a "Rosemary". However a) why would he be buried into his working name and not his real name (there's no suggestion out there he changed it legally) b) difference between Rose Mary and Rosemary c) Wikitree (I know I know) suggests they were born in Texas. Is it just a case of someone being overeager to find a death date and just matching up someone who had the same DOB and kind-of the same name?

13 minutes ago, Spade_Cooley said:

I think I know where the 28 August 1984 date comes from, I don't know if it's accurate though. There's a grave in Amarillo, Texas, for an Alexander Charles Lovelock, who has the same date of birth and was married to a "Rosemary". However a) why would he be buried into his working name and not his real name (there's no suggestion out there he changed it legally) b) difference between Rose Mary and Rosemary c) Wikitree (I know I know) suggests they were born in Texas. Is it just a case of someone being overeager to find a death date and just matching up someone who had the same DOB and kind-of the same name?

I would say that's most certainly him. In all the digging I've done over the years in uncovering old actors/actresses I've been amazed at how many adopted their working names as their legal names. It's really not that uncommon. Wikitree – bah! Wikitree and geni are trouble. People just put anything together on there. At least Ancestry encourages its users to use records to back up their working. Anyway, I've found his social security death record on Ancestry, which I'm sure you've already seen. It matches FindAGrave and Ancestry family trees. Same DOB and DOD, and uses Alexander Charles Lovelock as his name.

• Thanks 1

Please can any of you find out what happened to these British actresses (any info on a full date of birth, birth name, marriage, and if they are still alive or not)

Eileen Moore (Wiki)

Mary Germaine (Wiki

Barbara Archer (Wiki)

Rachel Herbert (Wiki)

Simone Lovell (Wiki)

Eileen Helsby (Wiki)

28 minutes ago, Gisooo said:

Please can any of you find out what happened to these British actresses

Rachel Herbert (Wiki)

According to this website she died in 1966.

3 minutes ago, Sinbabad said:

According to this website she died in 1966.

No, No this is a bot site. Last credit was in 1994

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

And British actress Elizabeth Kelly aka aunt nelly In EastEnders. She's 103 according to Wikipedia with no recent updates 

• Like 1