YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

6 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

I wonder if her signature is actually supposed to resemble a peacock?

Looks like a tilted vagene. 

• Haha 1

So far, to sum up the voting: they still don't want May's deal, they still don't want No deal, they still don't want a second referendum, but they do want to keep kicking the can down the road. And on Tuesday May's insisted they should revote on her deal all over again.

4 hours ago, paddyfool said:

So far, to sum up the voting: they still don't want May's deal, they still don't want No deal, they still don't want a second referendum, but they do want to keep kicking the can down the road.

Yeah. Not bad, is it?

It's hard to tell now if it's an epidemic of cognitive dissonance or just a shower of undiluted fuckwittery.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

So... anyone else here going to the anti-Brexit protest on Saturday? I am, although perversely I fear that the more we oppose the will of Theresa May, the more she digs in her heels.

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, paddyfool said:

So... anyone else here going to the anti-Brexit protest on Saturday? I am, although perversely I fear that the more we oppose the will of Theresa May, the more she digs in her heels.

I was tempted but it is Mrs B's 50th Birthday so we are going to the Theatre.

5 hours ago, paddyfool said:

Yeah, I mean, the more I oppose your participation on this forum, the more you are going to stick around like a faecal crust on the arse of a tabby cat.

I actually feel for those remainers, life is SO UNFAIR!

• Haha 1

On 19/03/2019 at 09:17, Bibliogryphon said:

I was tempted but it is Mrs B's 50th Birthday so we are going to the Theatre.

So either way you’ll be at a nice show that’ll be forgotten a couple hours later.

(Edit: pearls before swine)

Delay to Brexit to June 30 will cost the country an additional 5 billion pounds - direct result from denial of democracy by PM.

EU should reject request - she'll then have to revoke or resign.

Or no deal......

On 14/03/2019 at 13:40, msc said:

1. Revoke Article 50. I think they''ve already shown they'd rather buck that responsibility.

2. Some sort of Referendum with 3 choices: Leave on no deal, Leave on whatever deal there is, Remain in the EU.

Two other possibilities

1. EU are fucked off and block any route other than Mays deal or no deal. Crash out on 29th. Could happen, but it'd be economically devastating to the other EU countries right before elections as much as the UK, so... very very unwise. 70% chance given lateness of the hour. 

2. Labour somehow come up with a deal next week everyone loves, and Jeremy Corbyn sells it to the EU, takes us out, and becomes a national hero to the 52%. Aye, and I could win the lottery and sleep with Mila Kunis while pigs fly and dinosaurs show up in the Congo. Negative percentage chance of happening.

Willz, at current time, bold seems likely. Revoking requires May to not be Theresa May, the Ref seems unlikely, and as for the last one...:lol:

No deal been rejected...VONC would succeed.

No deal costs the country 200 billion minimum. May could proceed with that route, but a la pigshagger Cameron, she'd be breaking the country's windows and running away.

• Like 2

5 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

No deal been rejected...VONC would succeed.

No deal costs the country 200 billion minimum. May could proceed with that route, but a la pigshagger Cameron, she'd be breaking the country's windows and running away.

Unbinding vote, 9 days to go, charon's got a stopwatch counting it down or something.

No deal is the norm next Friday unless May does something.

Just now, msc said:

Unbinding vote, 9 days to go, charon's got a stopwatch counting it down or something.

No deal is the norm next Friday unless May does something.

Exciting times, exciting times. How can it be an unbinding vote? It's Government policy as per their own motion last week.

Meantime, every time Bercow speaks about denying a 3rd vote, Andrea Leadsom (LGBT denier) look like she's been slapped across the face with a dead fish while chewing a wasp and having slightly pooped her pants. Parliament channel is hilarious.

All I know is no deal = Union end. Huzzah!

Why are the Scottish Nationals so desperate to be a part of the Union but so desperate to be apart from the Union? 

2 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Why are the Scottish Nationals so desperate to be a part of the Union but so desperate to be apart from the Union? 

Cos they are cunts.

That's my standpoint you made, don't want to be in the Unholy Union or the 4th Reich.

EFTA is best way for an independent Scotland, imo. Gotta stay out of that Central Bank, political union etc. Actually being out and then negotiating EFTA or something similar succeeds for fisheries and farming and a lot of the Scottish economy.

When both major unionist parties are demonstrably racist, concern themselves with billions for a railway which won't even reach Scotland, billions for nuclear weapons which they won't keep south of the border, billions for Crossrail and Thameslink and a Northern powerhouse (ha! that is hilarious), billions in foreign aid to help people in poverty abroad while allowing people to die on the streets of the UK, die on hospital trollies in overflowing hospitals, die for being sanctioned on Universal Credit, die for being young and afraid to walk the streets, pushing local authorities to bankruptcy, while crowing about our super economy and our employment rate...need I go on?

I believe this is the only PM who has to express condolences, expressions of sympathy and thoughts of the House about twice a week. Be an interesting comparison with other non-war PM's to see how her statements on that compare....:lol:

20 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Exciting times, exciting times. How can it be an unbinding vote? It's Government policy as per their own motion last week.

If you want an actual answer (strictly facts no editorializing/opinions)...

Article 50 runs out 29th March. This happens unless

1. the EU agree to extension. They (possibly) would for a long extension to get a Referendum on the deal or a general election, but seem unlikely to do it on the basis of May just needing a few more weeks to get her deal through parliament.  (As they've already said) Also if we have an extension, we (UK, not you personally) need to vote in the EU elections in May because admin/general logistics..

2. May gets her deal through parliament. This will not happen.

3. May revokes Article 50 all together.

Government policy to avoid No Deal is irrelevant when its 9 days away and the only options to avoid it this late are revoking entirely or begging for the 18 months to do a 2nd Ref.

• Thanks 1

Just now, msc said:

If you want an actual answer (strictly facts no editorializing/opinions)...

Article 50 runs out 29th March. This happens unless

1. the EU agree to extension. They (possibly) would for a long extension to get a Referendum on the deal or a general election, but seem unlikely to do it on the basis of May just needing a few more weeks to get her deal through parliament.  (As they've already said) Also if we have an extension, we (UK, not you personally) need to vote in the EU elections in May because admin/general logistics..

2. May gets her deal through parliament. This will not happen.

3. May revokes Article 50 all together.

Government policy to avoid No Deal is irrelevant when its 9 days away and the only options to avoid it this late are revoking entirely or begging for the 18 months to do a 2nd Ref.

Think Macron has now said he will veto an extension.

Here we go......

And now a "revoke article 50" petition does a speed record, with over a million votes in a day.

Not that it'll make much difference - the highest ever total for a westminster petition was over 4 million for a second referendum, and they certainly ignored that one.

Just now, paddyfool said:

And now a "revoke article 50" petition does a speed record, with over a million votes in a day.

Not that it'll make much difference - the highest ever total for a westminster petition was over 4 million for a second referendum, and they certainly ignored that one.

Amber Rudd has said if it gets 17 million votes then there's a case for a second referendum. Be kind of hilarious if that actually hapenned.

Lol.

The second ref happens, it's boycotted, loses any credibility and then what?

Suck it up scumballs, your whining and prevarication is fucking companies in Europe and here with your selfish pish.

And, you won't win.

* And it won't happen anyways, a middle class 3 holidays in France a year wet fucking dream.

Glorious.

Eh, revoking article 50 may be the only way to save us from May's deal. Which very few people like on either side.  Andrea Leadsom has said she'll ignore the petition unless it gets to 17.5 million... so I'd like to cordially suggest that everybody sign it. It would serve her right if this does beat that target. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

• Like 2

7 hours ago, paddyfool said:

Eh, revoking article 50 may be the only way to save us from May's deal. Which very few people like on either side.  Andrea Leadsom has said she'll ignore the petition unless it gets to 17.5 million... so I'd like to cordially suggest that everybody sign it. It would serve her right if this does beat that target. https://petition.parliament.uk/petitions/241584

Not that I've looked into it or anything like that, but (I stress I could be wrong) regarding  the 17m odds that voted the way they did,  were they all uk voters? Are they including the Gibralter votes? Can Gibraltertarians (not even sure if that's a word) get access to that site or is it for UK citizens only? Can ex-pats living abroad access it? 

3 minutes ago, Paul Bearer said:

Gibraltertarians (not even sure if that's a word)

Gibraltarians  - simpler than you thought.

The Spanglish did indeed vote Remain to a shitebag iirc