YoungWillz

The EU Referendum Hokey Cokey

I'll be voting leave. Seeing that horrible c**t geldof a multi millionaire laughing and making fun of the working class fishermen who came to Westminster to protest against the destruction of their industry was nothing short of disgusting. I don't think I've ever even seen the Tories do that !

The left wing in this country are becoming less and less libreal and more and more fascist year after year. Hence the reason UKIP is mopping up the working class vote as labour has gone too far left and the liberals are left with no one to vote for. Someone needs to tell these people its not the 1980s anymore communism is dead and buried . China and Russia have abandoned communism for nationalism and capitalism for a reason(Chinese communist party is communist in name only). The UK hopefully will get our nationalism back and we will prosper under the capitalist system unrestricted by the EU.

Geldof is a completely fúcking braindead mook. His hand gesture just about sums up intellectual depth of the remain arguments. They don't "believe" anything, they just feel that staying in a crooked tedious rip-off of a "union" somehow makes "better" or something. Unless they also have a job-based motive for staying in, i.e. their mediocre organisation gets funding from the EU and otherwise would have no footing left.

"Liberals" and lefties do not give a shit about working class British people, they spend most of their days "looking down" on them, and yet somehow claim to represent them? The bizarre fractured unsustainable nature of the "left wing" in this country was horribly exposed in the election last year and they're still in complete denial about why they lost.

They call us "ignorant" about these immigrants people and the countries they come from, but if those countries are so great how come they have to come here?

They have no answers to these questions or challenges that's why the only thing left is silence and "refusing to dignify that with an answer", just like DDT and Phantom on here when I challenge them on their pro-ISISlam BS.

• Like 1

Will be interesting to see which countries go next and whether at some point it might lead to a new union.

probably France or Spain. I would say Ireland but we are not as powerful as Britain.

Leaving the European Union would make the UK as significant as Guernsey, France's economy minister has said

That's it! The final insult. I'm voting out.

Your'e the one who's lost his marbles, mon ami.

_90021054_mediaitem90021053.jpg

(Isn't Guernsey ours, anyway?)

He should have said Detroit.
  • Like 1

Will be interesting to see which countries go next and whether at some point it might lead to a new union.

probably France or Spain. I would say Ireland but we are not as powerful as Britain.

Everyone against the Germans then. Sounds familiar!

But since you've raised the Irish question. The only way to stop what will be illegal immigration after Brexit is to build a Trump wall between the Republic and the six counties. Not exactly in the spirit of Good Friday and may lead a number people to think 'now where did I bury that rifle'.

I bet Australia joins the eu along with new Zealand and Oceania becomes Europe part 2.

I voted remain by postal vote.The thought of Boris Johnson taking over as PM with maybe Michael Gove as chancellor and Iain Duncan Smith as home secretary was too much for me :o

• Like 2

Why doesn't anyone ever say anything about the "don't knows"?

They regularly feature at about 10% in polls.

If you ask someone if they want to stay with their spouse and they say "don't know", that isn't good is it?

I bet Australia joins the eu along with new Zealand and Oceania becomes Europe part 2.

When the USA joins it will be Europe part 8 Europe takes Manhattan.

If you ask someone if they want to stay with their spouse and they say "don't know", that isn't good is it?

Turn the question around. Do you want to leave your spouse? The don't know becomes a request for a better offer. Do we have one?

Turnout could be incredibly high tomorrow.

• Like 1

Turn the question around. Do you want to leave your spouse? The don't know becomes a request for a better offer. Do we have one?

Not necessarily. There is also the freedom to play the field ;)

• Like 2

Is the accepted wisdom that Remainers are less likely to turn out actually true, the majority are generally shit-scared of whats going to happen if we leave, so surely are just as likely to vote?

Low turnout = good news for Brexit.

Higher turnout = good news for Remain.

If we take the Indy Ref to heart.

I've got my indelible pen ready.

It's still hilarious, nobody is addressing the points I want to hear about.

Boris says tomorrow can be "Independence Day". What, the disaster movie?

Meantime, every tax dodging self serving politician/businessperson/personality who benefits from a Hungarian nanny or cheap builders from Poland are all for staying.

I can't, like some, make up my mind on personalities. People say they are scared of a Boris Johnson PM (the Tories will never vote him leader). As opposed to what? David Cameron, the guy who wants to spend money on a spaceport, rather than maintain disabled persons motability cars? A Tory is a Tory is a Tory.

Why does nobody talk about spending the contributions migrants make to the economy on schools, hospitals etc? Because nobody wants to do that, even Labour would rather have private companies leeching off the state by being brought in to the NHS/school building programmes etc. Skye Bridge springs to mind also.

A consistent failure by both parties at Westminster to invest in infrastructure/education/training and all the great things we once had, whilst saying well the EU pays some of our money back to do that sort of thing just won't cut it. The EU a positive incentive not to tackle poverty and inequality, to keep areas deprived and out of work to get as much of our money back as possible to pay for the things our politicians fail and continue to fail to do.

We should be part of federal EU superstate...think of the USA where individual states have their own lawmaking powers and an overarching federal government, only in Europe we could do it so much better and in a less corrupt manner. But neither the EU or our own politicians are offering that...ever. Why should we have opt outs? Why should anyone else? It's an inconsistent argument to say stay in a system that is supposed to avoid a race to the bottom while some countries decide to pick and choose what "federal" laws apply only to them. Lies upon lies upon lies on both sides.

I've decided. I'm voting Leave.

• Like 3

Czech Republic, Sweden and Netherlands all threatened to follow us out if you look at public opinion. Just tip of iceberg, Leave will be the beginning of the end for the European project.

I did have a good laugh hearing a pro-Brexit person worry that too many Scots will vote Remain and this will shift the entire result. Something about being better together, reaping what they sow, etc. :D

I'm looking forward to the days after the referendum, when we can get the voting out of the way and watch all the political parties have a right old barney with themselves.

• Like 1

The trailer shouted "Britain First" just before the crash.

That was the best joke in weeks and no one liked it. You are not my friends anymore. :rant: