Paul Bearer

Donald J Trump

3 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That's arguably one of the reason's Trump picked him.

The message of "I was wrong and misinformed" from Vance  is a very powerful one for his campaign team to use to their advantage.

I usually agree with you, but that seems like a stretch.

4 minutes ago, Tango854 said:

OR Vance might be a cynical asshole with no real guiding principles beyond bigotry, and oh btw he hangs out with groypers and far-right 17 year olds, pic related.

Yawn. Speak for yourself.

5 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

I usually agree with you, but that seems like a stretch.

Do you?

Pretty certain you were telling me for about 24 months that Biden was of completely sound mind and had no visible cognitive decline. :lol: And you took it pretty personally when I suggested he was going doolally!

4 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Yawn. Speak for yourself.

He was a Venture Capitalist.

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Do you?

Pretty certain you were telling me for about 24 months that Biden was of completely sound mind and had no visible cognitive decline. :lol: And you took it pretty personally when I suggested he was going doolally!

Fair. I was clearly wrong. I suppose my hope for the President of the country being stable was inherently biased. Unreasonable expectations huh?

You were right friend. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, MortalCaso said:

Fair. I was clearly wrong. I suppose my hope for the President of the country being stable was inherently biased. Unreasonable expectations huh?

You were right friend. 

Thank you, I really respect that. Quite humble to admit you were wrong. Don't get that a lot on here.

Admittedly I've wandered into the same trap before, notably with the late Queen. I think a lot of people were in denial about her being worryingly ill – it was wishful thinking above anything else that she'd go on for another few years.

• Like 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

Thank you, I really respect that. Quite humble to admit you were wrong. Don't get that a lot on here.

Admittedly I've wandered into the same trap before, notably with the late Queen. I think a lot of people were in denial about her being worryingly ill – it was wishful thinking above anything else that she'd go on for another few years.

Honestly, ditto on everything @MortalCaso has said. I was also wrong about Biden’s decline (mind you, I’ll still vote for him) and gave you some hell for it. Apologies. 

I think given Vance you two have a misunderstanding. Correct me if I’m wrong but @Ulitzer95 you were not saying by picking him Trump is copping to being wrong, but that Vance’s previous lack of support is and change of heart is sexy to Trump. No zealot like a convert, etc. 

• Like 2

2 minutes ago, arrowsmith said:

Honestly, ditto on everything @MortalCaso has said. I was also wrong about Biden’s decline (mind you, I’ll still vote for him) and gave you some hell for it. Apologies. 

I think given Vance you two have a misunderstanding. Correct me if I’m wrong but @Ulitzer95 you were not saying by picking him Trump is copping to being wrong, but that Vance’s previous lack of support is and change of heart is sexy to Trump. No zealot like a convert, etc. 

Yep, that's exactly what I was trying to say. I maybe didn't word it too well.

• Thanks 1

Just now, Ulitzer95 said:

My first time through I read it as you saying Trump was nodding to his critics. But this makes a lot more sense. 

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

I read it that way. Sign up a previous critic who's now seen the light.

Just now, En Passant said:

I read it that way. Sign up a previous critic who's now seen the light.

Not a bad strategy. 

9 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

That makes more sense. I had the mindset along the lines of what @arrowsmith laid out.

Is this where we all hold hands and sing kumbaya?

• Haha 3

I dislike Trump. For lying, pandering to baser instincts, and a plethora of other issues that frankly I find hugely distasteful but mostly in the end just for being a character study in narcissism.

I'm less concerned that he's on the right, that's just politics. But I'd rather have a different republican candidate, one less likely to cause untold mayhem because of some personal slight.

But for all that you have to think that for whatever reason, every wind is blowing his way right now.

• Bidens credibility and that he won't stand down, I know there are issues on replacing him, but if the man cannot now win, Democrats just have to find somebody who has a chance, however difficult that may be.
  • That image of him shot and raising a clenched fist yelling fight fight is serendipitous right now (I'm not subscribing to ludicrous conspiracy theories about false flag though, that's, well, lunatic) but it's the kind of thing that could easily tip an election
  • The just mentioned signing of a previous critiic as vp
  • Another set of criminal cases being dismissed....

It was close before, if these winds don't change it won't be close for long :(

• Thanks 1

22 hours ago, polar duck said:

Trump is in Milwaukee for the Republican National Convention. He is expected to pick a running mate this afternoon.

Eight hours later, Donald Trump has finally shown up. I never realized how small his hands are.

AP24198075295584-1721099438.jpg

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0dmx4p4m0lo.amp

Jack Black cancels Tenacious D world tour based on a comment from Kyle Gass.

He was asked when making a birthday wish what he wished for and his response was “don’t miss Donald Trump next time”.

Thought it was quite funny myself…..

• Haha 3

1 hour ago, Dead Wait said:

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/articles/c0dmx4p4m0lo.amp

Jack Black cancels Tenacious D world tour based on a comment from Kyle Gass.

He was asked when making a birthday wish what he wished for and his response was “don’t miss Donald Trump next time”.

Thought it was quite funny myself…..

Jack has a career to protect though (and a family to boot)... Can't blame the man.

• Like 1

The Iranians are apparently after him now.

I said here before that I would never comment on the Israel/Palestine struggle because it's pointless and divisive. 

Now here's another example. If you're pro-Israel, you're anti-Iran, and consequently, anti-Russian.

Can Trump be both pro- and anti-Russian? Guess we'll see.

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

The US under a re-elected Trump will become just another pariah state we probably shouldn't concern ourselves with all that much, to preserve our mental wellbeing, much like your Israel/Palestine example.

1 hour ago, HDS said:

Makes sense. Lots of people forget but Trump nearly started a war with Iran right before covid started. From their perpective Trump is highly aggressive and unpredictable. Like, if trump gets elected I could easily see him picking up where he left off and going to war with Iran. 

1 hour ago, gcreptile said:

I said here before that I would never comment on the Israel/Palestine struggle because it's pointless and divisive. 

Now here's another example. If you're pro-Israel, you're anti-Iran, and consequently, anti-Russian.

Israel and Russia are two very different countries. In actuality, Putin doesn't give two fucks about Palestine. I've always found it strange how Putin never utilised the west's support of Israel as a gotcha when they try to condemn what he's doing in Ukraine. 

He will condemn Israels treatment of Palestine as a token gesture to his allies but that's it. I don't think Putin cares about Iran at all. Putin's main concern is the US and China. He wants to play both sides to advance his agenda of recreating the soviet Union. 

It's very possible to be Anti Palestine, Anti Iran and Pro Russia. On trump's side a lot of that assessment has to do with skin colour. Quips aside, Trump has shown time and time again that, above all else, he loves authoritarianism. Trump loves Israel and Russia because they are bullies. And he hates Iran and Palestine because they can be bullied. 

2 hours ago, HDS said:

Shows how incompetent all those involved are that they beefed up security after that foiled plot and still couldn't stop that lone rifleman at the weekend.

Well he's fucked up that cup of tea.

526860436_Image5.jpeg.2ae707d0bf3f6941437f06b1e2759b19.jpeg

• Haha 1

Any storm in a teacup he creates can be sorted with a Sharpie, just as the bandage secures his hair. 

20 hours ago, TQR said:

Well he's fucked up that cup of tea.

526860436_Image5.jpeg.2ae707d0bf3f6941437f06b1e2759b19.jpeg

Ordered that pillow from Temu, did he? 

• Haha 4