Sign in to follow this  
CaptainChorizo

Pierre, Pierre, Pierre Or Pierre?

Right now there are currently 4 Obitable French notables all named Pierre who because of their age could die in the next few years. Not sure how to post this as a poll but here are the options.

Pierre Henry b 1927

Electronic Music Pioneer's who's 1967 piece Psyche Rock would end up being the inspiration for the theme song to Futurama

Pierre Tchernia b 1928

Television Presenter and screenwriter known in his native country as Monsieur Cinema

Pierre Boulez b 1925

Acclaimed composter who has won 26 Grammys

Pierre Cardin b 1922

Fashion Designer who invented the bubble dress

I would vote Tchernia as he looks rougher in recent phots

I think Pierre will be the first to go.

• Like 6

I think Pierre will die first and then Pierre also why is Pierre here you should have include Pierre instead.

• Like 2

*Arrives late to thread

*Sees joke has been driven into the ground.

As you were, folks.

• Like 4

One last go...

You get nothing for a Pierre, not in this game.

• Like 3

I'll take a "pierre" (pee here) on this thread tbh.

You mean a pipi (short for pierre-pierre) ?

Right now there are currently 4 Obitable French notables all named Pierre who because of their age could die in the next few years. Not sure how to post this as a poll but here are the options.

Pierre Boulez b 1925

Is that a person who pretends to be a songwriter? I like it, I'll take this Pierre.

SC

• Like 1

Pierre Boulez b 1925

Is that a person who pretends to be a songwriter? I like it, I'll take this Pierre.

SC

I think he's a renowned organic gardener ;)

• Like 4

Pierre Boulez b 1925

SC

No, its a decomposer.

I'm so sorry.

Pierre Boulez b 1925

SC

Mind your manures.

• Like 1

Pierre Boulez b 1925

SC

Mind your manures.

Consider it dung.

• Like 1

They will all die, within 4 days of each other.

Pierre Boulez b 1925

SC

Lucky Pierre :)

• Like 2

The only one on here that I'm not familiar with name-wise is Tchernia.

Do any of them have any health issues?

Can I submit a fifth Pierre?

media_xll_2903211.jpg

Not French, but his blue minnions are. Karter is 80 years old now.

Can I submit a fifth Pierre?

media_xll_2903211.jpg

Not French, but his blue minnions are. Kartner is 80 years old now.

FTFY.

Guest Guest

Pierre Boulez b 1925

SC

Mind your manures.

now pushing up the daisies

Last year, Germany and especially Australia were ravaged by the reaper. It looks like it's France's turn this year: Delpech, Boulez, Galabru and the Concorde test pilot.

• Like 2

Last year, Germany and especially Australia were ravaged by the reaper. It looks like it's France's turn this year: Delpech, Boulez, Galabru and the Concorde test pilot.

I thought it was France's turn last year (Hebdo; Paris - November 2015). Someone give them a break (after Jacques Delors and Leslie Caron have died of course).

I think Australia's just about run out of elderly celebs now!

• Like 1

Pierre Henry b 1927

Electronic Music Pioneer's who's 1967 piece Psyche Rock would end up being the inspiration for the theme song to Futurama

Pierre Tchernia b 1928

Television Presenter and screenwriter known in his native country as Monsieur Cinema

Pierre Boulez b 1925

Pierre Cardin b 1922

Fashion Designer who invented the bubble dress

I would vote Tchernia as he looks rougher in recent phots

Well Tchernia wasn't first but he didn't make 2017. https://translate.google.co.uk/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=http://www.lemonde.fr/disparitions/article/2016/10/08/pierre-tchernia-homme-de-television-est-mort_5010436_3382.html&prev=search

On ‎12‎/‎22‎/‎2015 at 15:35, CaptainChorizo said:

Pierre Henry b 1927

*snip*

Guardian Obit: https://www.theguardian.com/music/2017/jul/09/pierre-henry-obituary

So Cardin is the last one standing and, naturally enough, he is the one the Committee has always picked. :P