The Murray Walker thread.

#2 JiroemonKimura

JiroemonKimura

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 270 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 05:26 PM

He was diagnosed with cancer a year or two ago.  Although not immediately fatal, definitely one to keep an eye on, given his age.

AODeadPool 2017: 1. John Bain  2. Georgina Beyer  3. Nick Boles  4. Leah Bracknell  5. O. J. Brigance  6. Charles Bradley  7. Ian Brady  8. Errol Christie  9. Ramon Cordero  10. Kassie DePaiva  11. Shannon Doherty  12. Gord Downie  13. Alberto Estrella  14. Frost  15. Lorenz Funk  16. Greg Gilbert  17. Polo Hofer  18. Sasha Lakovic  19. Bruce Langhorne  20. Richard Lugner  21. Colin Meads  22. Carsten Mohren  23. Nabeel Qureshi  24. Fernando Ricksen  25. Rius  26. Randy Romero  27. Dave Rosser  28. Ian St John  29. Peter Sarstedt  30. Michael Schumacher  31. Peter Skellern  32. Jimmy Snuka  33. Bart Starr  34. Dietz Werner-Steck  35. George Steele  36. Stefan Karl Stefansson  37. Nobby Stiles  38. Jonathan Szeles  39. John Wetton  40. Robert Yates  (3/40, 21 points)

DDP 2017: 

Cancerous Hatred 2: 1. Leah Bracknelljoker.gif 2. Sasha Lakovic  3. Colin Meads  4. Greg Gilbert  5. Nick Boles  6. Gord Downie  7. Jimmy Snuka  8. Errol Christie  9. John Bain  10. Stefan Karl Stefansson  11. John Wetton  12. Randy Romero  13. Peter Skellern  14. Marieke Vervoort  15. Nobby Stiles  16. Charles Bradley  17. Sean McEniff  18. Ian St John  19. Kristen Hallenga  20. Salvatore Di Masi  (1/20, 10 points)

Heads of Fate (theme team): 1. Manuel Noriegajoker.gif 2. Akihito  3. Robert Mugabe  4. Prem Tinsulanonda  5. Gregorio Conrado Alvarez  6. Ali Khamenei  7. Ibrahim Babangida  8. George H. W. Bush  9. Jimmy Carter  10. Konstantinos Mitsotakis  11. Jean of Luxembourg  12. Beji Caid Essebsi  13. Pope Benedict XVI  14. Reynaldo BIgnone  15. Liam Cosgrave  16. Yasuhiro Nakasone  17. Pervez Musharraf  18. Javier Perez de Cuellar  19. Girma Wolde-Giorgis  20. Nuon Chea (0/20, 0 points)

Archive:

Spoiler

#3 Guest_F1 Fanatic_*

Guest_F1 Fanatic_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:56 PM

Ridiculous to choose him

He still attends almost all the races bar ultra long haul ones like Australia, works for the BBC, works as an ambassador for sponsors, i met him 2 months ago and he looked the picture of health and in fine spirits

#4 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.edu

• Banned
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 3724 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 06:57 PM

Ridiculous to choose him

He still attends almost all the races bar ultra long haul ones like Australia, works for the BBC, works as an ambassador for sponsors, i met him 2 months ago and he looked the picture of health and in fine spirits

Was he in fine spirits or where they in him?

• Scraggy Taters likes this

...Mention the Game of the Thrones just once more and I'll more than likely kill you...

"Liberal" genius to-do list:

1. Call anti-Islam campaigners Nazis.

2. Label Winston Churchill, the guy without whom Europe would have become 100% Nazi, "outdated and imperialist" etc., and smirk as people get arrested for citing his views of Islam.

(3. Lurkingly and creepily use internet powers that were granted to you in more peaceful care-free times to arbitrarily censor and threaten people with opinions you don't like, much like a middle-of-the-night raid on opposition by 1930s Nazi street thugs)

#5 Guest_F1 Fanatic_*

Guest_F1 Fanatic_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:01 PM

Ridiculous to choose him

He has no health issues atm, beat his cancer

Fact he attends 15+ races a year at his age shows he is not a serious candidate for inclusion

Can see him reaching 100

#6 Dr. Zorders

Dr. Zorders

IsCastroDeadYet.edu

• Banned
  • 3724 posts

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:02 PM

Ridiculous to choose him

He has no health issues atm, beat his cancer

Fact he attends 15+ races a year at his age shows he is not a serious candidate for inclusion

Can see him reaching 100

He might die of boredom

• dirtracer18 likes this

...Mention the Game of the Thrones just once more and I'll more than likely kill you...

"Liberal" genius to-do list:

1. Call anti-Islam campaigners Nazis.

2. Label Winston Churchill, the guy without whom Europe would have become 100% Nazi, "outdated and imperialist" etc., and smirk as people get arrested for citing his views of Islam.

(3. Lurkingly and creepily use internet powers that were granted to you in more peaceful care-free times to arbitrarily censor and threaten people with opinions you don't like, much like a middle-of-the-night raid on opposition by 1930s Nazi street thugs)

#7 Guest_Alan_*

Guest_Alan_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 January 2016 - 07:28 PM

Far too early, the cancer was so insignificant it didn't even involve any invasive treatment and was effectively in remission 4 weeks after diagnosis. He has worked regularly this year and looks and sounds as well as ever. His lifestyle is impeccable too. Very hard to pick someone who could make 100 years old, but if I was pushed I would say he is a possibility. I'd fully expect him to live absolute minimum three years more.

Amazing that Liz Dawn didn't make the list considering she can't walk five steps without being breathless due to advanced emphysema. Cruyff has lung cancer another high risk one, and Everton chairman Kenright's cancer appears to be the worst kept secret in football. The Deathlist works in mysterious ways! 

#8 Magere Hein

Magere Hein

MH: normal field

• Admin
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 6155 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 06:34 AM

The Deathlist works in mysterious ways! 

Certainly. Then again: The Deathlist regularly scores hits with ridiculous candidates.

• Bibliogryphon likes this

DDP 2016 team The Grey Horde (3/20): Sister Wendy, Belmondo, Bettencourt, Crowe joker.gif, Feek, Ford, Glenn, Gorbachev, Rev Graham, Kissinger, Kohl, Leonov, Madoff, Mugabe, Mushatt Jones, O'Connor, Li , Tereshkova, van der Westhuizen, Yeager
DDP 2016 theme team Minions of Xuleneb (0/20): Albert II, Andriessen, Beatrix, Bernhard, Bloembergen, Brokken, Ceulemans, de Jong, Eyskens, Grönloh, Haitink, van 't Hek, Janssen, Jean I, Krebbers, Ricksen joker.gif, Rijvers, Santer, Thielemans, Veltman
DDP 2016 theme team Next slide, please (1/20): Attenborough, Blakemore, Bodmer, Close, Conway Morris, Dawkins, Greenfield, Longair, Meurig Thomas, Morris joker.gif, Graham-Smith, Hewish, Krebs, Phillips, Rothwell, Stewart, Sulston, Wolff, Wolpert, Zeeman

Do I contradict myself? Very well, then I contradict myself, I am large, I contain multitudes.

#9 gcreptile

gcreptile

Twunt Master

• Members
  • 3156 posts

Posted 02 January 2016 - 01:00 PM

Good inclusion from the "new blood" perspective. I have him in a team because I thought he might be one to die simply by age. 

DDP 2017 main team: The Love Boat: http://www.derbydead...l#DDPTeamcold01(0/20)

DDP 2017 beta team: The B-Team: http://www.derbydead...ml#DDPTeamthe16(2/20)

DDP 2017 theme team: Shameless - the terminal illness fame theme team: http://www.derbydead...ml#DDPTeamsha16 (0/20)

Deathrace 2017: https://forums.death...-2017/?p=289055(2/20)

The Hartlepool Deadlypool 2017: 

The Hare's Death Pool 2017: https://forums.death...-pool/?p=289793(3/25)

Sun Wukong's Deadpool 2017: 

Shaun's Death by Numbers 2017: https://forums.death...-2017/?p=289794 (0/20)

Inverse Dead Pool 2017: https://forums.death...-2017/?p=292582(25/25)

2016 Winner of The Hare's Deadpool and the Derby Dead Pool Theme Team League

#10 Guest_Robin Hill_*

Guest_Robin Hill_*
  • Guests

Posted 03 January 2016 - 07:11 PM

His mother appeared on Murray's This is Your Life at the age of 100, so it wouldn't surprise me if her son lived a few more years. I hope so.

#11 Scraggy Taters

Scraggy Taters

Scythe 'n' Fiction

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 490 posts

Posted 03 January 2016 - 10:26 PM

I quite liked him on 'Catchphrase' in the mid '90s. Whatever happened to 'Mr Chips' ? 

• themaninblack likes this

#12 Guest_Guested_*

Guest_Guested_*
  • Guests

Posted 08 March 2016 - 08:52 PM

Going to be part of Channel 4's new FI team doing interviews with figures from F1. Therefore he must be in decent physical and mental shape to do this. Can't be many 92 year olds still working in TV.

#13 RoverAndOut

RoverAndOut

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 337 posts

Posted 08 March 2016 - 11:31 PM

Going to be part of Channel 4's new FI team doing interviews with figures from F1. Therefore he must be in decent physical and mental shape to do this. Can't be many 92 year olds still working in TV.

Bruce Forsyth and Nicholas Parsons come to mind...

#14 Guest_John_*

Guest_John_*
  • Guests

Posted 12 March 2016 - 04:28 PM

Bruce Forsyth is not yet 92. He is approaching 90, though.

#15 Guest_oneexwidow_*

Guest_oneexwidow_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:26 PM

Bruce Forsyth and Nicholas Parsons come to mind...

Nicholas Parsons and Murray share the same birth date... 

#16 Guest_oneexwidow_*

Guest_oneexwidow_*
  • Guests

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:28 PM

"Cruyff has lung cancer another high risk one"

Prophetic words!

#17 Grim Up North

Grim Up North

Shipman

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 300 posts

Posted 01 April 2016 - 02:47 PM

Cruyff of course was last seen in public about three weeks before his death looking the picture of health at F1 testing in Barcelona. His health must then have taken a Cruyff turn for the worse.

#18 drol

drol

Assassin

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 789 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 04:57 PM

This is the most ridicolous pick i've ever seen along with Lester Piggott and Bruce Forsyth.

2016: 22/50

Drol's 2017 Main List: Leah Bracknell, Gord Downie, Colin Meads, Smith Hart, Errol Christie, Dennis Stamp, Michael I of Romania, Sasha Lakovic, Kirk Douglas, Scott Hamilton, Sara Coward, Clifton James, Michael Anderson, Mario Soares, Mireille Darc, Peter Skellern, John Wetton, Rodney Alcala, Jimmy Snuka, Greg Gilbert, Boris Pahor, Gillo Dorfles, Glen Campbell, Monica Vitti, Nobby Styles, Ian St. John, Stefan Karl Stefansson, Arnaldo Forlani, Tony Booth, Nick Boles, Peter Sallis, Fritz Hellwig, Hans Lipschis, Reinhard Hardegen, Giovanni Pieraccini, Enrico Ferri, Billy Graham, Herman Wouk, Roger Etchegaray, Elizabeth II, Francisco Morales Bermudez, Mary Carlisle, Cecilia Seghizzi, Andrea Camilleri, Steve Sumner, Joost van der Westhuizen, Hugh Hefner, Lynne Stewart, Jean I of Luxembourg, Dmitrij Jazov, Le Duc Anh (2/50)

#19 Morbidkid

Morbidkid

Joeyruss's bitch

• Members
  • PipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPipPip
  • 2018 posts

Posted 06 April 2016 - 05:25 PM

This is the most ridicolous pick i've ever seen along with Lester Piggott and Bruce Forsyth.

he is 93 this year and has battled Cancer.
2016: 13/50
2017: 2/50

Morbid kids crypt of terror 2017
1. King Michael. 2. Billy Graham. 3. Mario Soares 1922-2017. 4. Olivia de Havilland. 5. Gord Downey. 6. Stefan Karl Stefansson. 7. Colin Meads. 8. Leah Blackwell. 9. Luke Halquinn. 10. Gay Byrne. 11. Sara Cowards . 12. Peter sailes. 13. Glen Campbell. 14. Jimmy Carter. 15. Helmut Kohl. 16. Jacques Chirac. 17. John Wetton. 18. Javier de cullar. 19. Ian Brady. 20. Liz Dawn. 21. Anthony Booth. 22. Yoko ono. 23. Robert Mugabe. 24. Hosni Mubarak. 25. Nobby stiles. 26. Ray Wilson. 27. Douglas Hurd. 28. Steve Summers. 29. Walter Mondale. 30. Gregg Alman. 31. Joanne Woodward. 32. Sidney Poitier. 33. Ian St John. 34. Mel brooks.
35. Clifton James. 36. Jimmy Snuka 1943-2017. 37. Valerie Harper. 38. Erroll Christie. 39. David Rockefeller. 40. Summer Redstone. 41. John Hurt. 42. George Bush snr. 43. Betty white. 44. Hugh Hefner. 45. Fats Domino. 46. Don Rickles. 47. Desmond Tutu. 48. John Newman. 49. Peter Skellern. 50. Bart star.

#20 Guest_Guest_*

Guest_Guest_*
  • Guests

Posted 06 April 2016 - 06:59 PM

I looked at Wikipedia obit page and swore I saw the name of Murray Walker there today. turns out it's a basketball player called Murray Weir. could be an omen though ...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users