My cat was put to sleep today, which was a bit of surprise. Two days ago he was fine, last night he was very ill. Today he is gone. :rip:

I wrote him an obit on my Facebook though, so I feel pretty much alright I guess. His 14th birthday would have been celebrated on my 21st birthday next month, so I suppose he was of a good age. Still, when you're only 21 and you've known someone/something for 13 years of your life almost, that's a good chunk of your life considering that I can't remember much about the first few years.

Anyhow, I'll be fine. Just don't expect me to be as... uh... CPish as usual for a little bit...

It's sad to lose a friend. Cats may not have much social status in the big bad world but they can be loved as family members, all the same.

My sympathies, CP. :(

• Like 1

Thanks all, I'm doing fine. :(

Time to get over mourning his death and move on to celebrating his life and all that. The plan is for my first birthday drink to be dedicated to him next month, among other things. I'm fairly spiritual (not religious, I know how people hate it when people call themselves "spiritual," but whatever) so, you know, Rainbow Bridge in a half century and all that. :rip:

My cat was put to sleep today, which was a bit of surprise. Two days ago he was fine, last night he was very ill. Today he is gone. :huh:

I wrote him an obit on my Facebook though, so I feel pretty much alright I guess. His 14th birthday would have been celebrated on my 21st birthday next month, so I suppose he was of a good age. Still, when you're only 21 and you've known someone/something for 13 years of your life almost, that's a good chunk of your life considering that I can't remember much about the first few years.

Anyhow, I'll be fine. Just don't expect me to be as... uh... CPish as usual for a little bit...

Belated condolences from a fellow cat-lover.

How long is the respectful period after which I might be able to discuss 101 uses for a dead cat? Just wondered, like. I guess it's still too early. Sorry. :huh:

How long is the respectful period after which I might be able to discuss 101 uses for a dead cat? Just wondered, like. I guess it's still too early. Sorry. :huh:

1 day, and that day expired days ago. Discuss away Mr. Godot. :o

Been thinkin' well ahead to Canadian Paul's next deadpool. Doubt I'll get away with a theme team over 100 years old again and another suggestion of 'That's Not Funny That's Sick,' you know Jane Tomlinson, Hilary Lister.....

Well anyway, I was wondering if you could scratch up a good deadpool team of famous animals.

Cheeta the chimp lives (just)

Socks the White House cat...

I got to about six on a list but some of them won't last until CP's next deadline.

How many others - retired race horses, whales and dogs that have been in movies, Blue Peter pets etc - might get some media coverage when they go?

Been thinkin' well ahead to Canadian Paul's next deadpool. Doubt I'll get away with a theme team over 100 years old again and another suggestion of 'That's Not Funny That's Sick,' you know Jane Tomlinson, Hilary Lister.....

Well anyway, I was wondering if you could scratch up a good deadpool team of famous animals.

Cheeta the chimp lives (just)

Socks the White House cat...

I got to about six on a list but some of them won't last until CP's next deadline.

How many others - retired race horses, whales and dogs that have been in movies, Blue Peter pets etc - might get some media coverage when they go?

List of Presidential Pets, though who knows which will get an obit?

Fun fact: Hayes apparently had a cat named "Miss Pussy" :huh:

1 day, and that day expired days ago. Discuss away Mr. Godot. :o

I quite like the violin bow suggestion. :party: . Still one short though.

Question.

Would you vote for the killing of all dogs everywhere ??

Tempting, but even I think that killing all dogs everywhere misses the point. Dogs can be useful.

regards,

Hein

Tigger thumped a kid at Disney World

Well, his 'consort's', actually:

A deputy mayor's consort had the end of her finger bitten off by a dog as she posted a Labour Party leaflet through a letter box.

From which we learn that this intrepid propagandist never worked as a mailman. Mailmen know that one should never stick ones fingers in a letter box. This person was particularly gormless, as barking noises are a sure sign that the letter box in question has teeth.

regards,

Hein (once a mailman, always a mailman)

Chickens laying eggs rich in proteins needed for anti-cancer drugs got me thinking. Us deadpickers could probably use the odd discussion on the way breathroughs will break into our fun. This development could slash the cost of anti-cancer medication, not an issue with the high profile picks but those has-beens we chase down whilst they're still breathing might breathe longer if this research works its way to its intended conclusion.

On the other hand; maybe McDonalds will buy up all the eggs for their new McCure range. It'd be a laugh like, walking into McDonalds in five years time and discovering I was the only punter in there with a decent head of hair!!

Rick Stein's dog Chalky has died. :crossbone:

did anyone have Chalky on their list?

are animlas allowed cos Wellhard off Eastenders must be knocking on a bit by now

did anyone have Chalky on their list?

are animlas allowed cos Wellhard off Eastenders must be knocking on a bit by now

Whatever happened to Roly? And Ethel's Willy?

I think you'll find that most deadpools, including this one, don't allow animlas as potential candidates.