The adventures of Rocky and Bullwinkle continue.

Shambo, the sacred bull, is due to be slaughtered today. Maybe God will step in & save him.

This cat can predict death. Could be a useful recruit for the DL committee.

Perhaps they could try and buy the cat for Brinsworth House

Perhaps they could try and buy the cat for Brinsworth House

Excellent idea. I'm sure it would like to sit on Dickie O's lap.

Shambo, the sacred bull, is due to be slaughtered today. Maybe God will step in & save him.

God said no. Bullocks!

Pardon my ignorance, but I have never heard of the "National Secular Society" mentioned in the above article. More here:

http://www.secularism.org.uk/about.html

They sound like an interesting bunch! I see DL favourites Michael Foot, Harold Pinter, Ludovic Kennedy and Claire Rayner are amongst their number

David Coverdale's been having trouble with a rather persistent groupie.

Actually, I’d have thought a hearty bellow of Here I Go Again would get rid of most right-minded bears pretty quickly.

A brave man, I would have somthing with a bit more muzzle energy than an air horn! :)

His first face-to-face encounter with a bear came in July, as he was "rinsing a cup or two at the kitchen sink". :)

Still on the subject of bears; famous rogue Slovenian bear Franska came to a sticky end on a French motorway this morning, much to the delight of local sheep farmers.

Introduced to the Pyrenees in 2006, she had become a menace, endangering drivers by wandering about on the road near to Lourdes and killing more than 150 sheep. Farmers, who had been trying to hunt her down and kill her, expressed 'immense satisfaction' at the news.

Of the 5 Slovenian bears released into the Pyrenees in April 2006, Franska is the second to be accidentally killed on the region's roads.

Guest Sore-headed bear
Still on the subject of bears; famous rogue Slovenian bear Franska came to a sticky end on a French motorway this morning, much to the delight of local sheep farmers.

Introduced to the Pyrenees in 2006, she had become a menace, endangering drivers by wandering about on the road near to Lourdes and killing more than 150 sheep. Farmers, who had been trying to hunt her down and kill her, expressed 'immense satisfaction' at the news.

Of the 5 Slovenian bears released into the Pyrenees in April 2006, Franska is the second to be accidentally killed on the region's roads.

Is it the most significant bear death of 2007, or does that honour go to some American bear we've never heard of?

Still on the subject of bears ... came to a sticky end on a ... local sheep farmers ...

'immense satisfaction' ....

Is it the most significant bear death of 2007, or does that honour go to some American bear we've never heard of?

I've made several bearly relevant posts today, and this one's no exception. Love their flag...

Perhaps the farmers should invest in more of my brethren, we are bred to guard sheep against wolves and bears, mind you the only bears I have come across are jelly bears :rolleyes: .

The Pyr is an excellent guardian — large enough to be a deterrent to smaller predators, such as coyotes and foxes, and a match for larger wildlife, such as cougars and bears, in fact a single male Pyr is supposed to be able to hold off a bear long enough to allow a shepherd to move the herd away.

worst present ever

one hump or two?

crushed by "what police suspect was mating behaviour"

Who would give somebody else a camel for a present? What kind of people give other people 'A Camel' for a present?

That's f****n crazy! My god.

And the Camel found the sixty year old woman attractive. It's unbelievable. A camel for a birthday present.

This could have all been avoided if she was just given a little ninety cent birthday card and maybe tickets to a concert or a Broadway show.

Instead this poor woman got raped and murdered by a camel on her birthday.

I guess life is full of surprises.

worst present ever

one hump or two?

crushed by "what police suspect was mating behaviour"

Call me cynical but I'd like to hear the camel's side of the story.