Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Kim Jong-un's aunt, whose husband is basically running the country as eminence grise, is "seriously ill" and failed to show up for some kind of government session.

• Like 1

Kim Jong-un's aunt, whose husband is basically running the country as eminence grise, is "seriously ill" and failed to show up for some kind of government session.

Some reports claim Kim Kyung-Hee's health downturn is due to alcohol abuse, likely liver disease.

is Tony Benn still knocking about???

Guest Guest

Yet another heir to the Saudi throne has died.King Abdullah better hurry up and snuff it or he'll have to be replaced by the palace cleaner or something at this rate http://www.saudigaze...=20120930137949

Last I heard, would be a big noise if he had passed on

Last I heard, would be a big noise if he had passed on

Aye, he is still going like the clappers e14482.gif

http://news.sky.com/...r-cancer-battle

labour MP Malcolm Wicks has died , I have no idea who he is .

Never met him, but my MP at the time (Nick Palmer) was his pps during there time at the department of energy. In the round we had questions posed of how to move forward with aspects of UK energy policy. Most notably should we have new nuclear power stations, more gas or coal stations or more green power wind farms. My view was a yes to nuclear power but at a replacement number equal to half the number of plants in the past. Much more reliance on green power and a lessening of gas and coal power. Basically this view co-ensided with what Malcolm Wicks went with... Great minds, and all that...

Labour done a thing where the government would pay half is you put solar panels on your roof or something and you sold your excess electricity back to the suppliers . But i believe Conservative govt scrapped it what a surprise .

Maybe he's too bad off to make it to 2013, but something nevertheless to watch... Boris Sprem, Croatian Speaker of Parliment.

Oh, and he was. Died early Sunday morning.

Death of Fidel Castro seems to be trending topic on twitter!! Could be a big one today.

He has his own topic being in the top 50. But I thought not mentioning him in this topic would be criminal.

I see very little beyond the usual rumours on Castro on Twitter, but I do see that Arlen Spector has died according to the AP Breaking news twitter. He's been mentioned here before.

I see very little beyond the usual rumours on Castro on Twitter, but I do see that Arlen Spector has died according to the AP Breaking news twitter. He's been mentioned here before.

I guess the Specter one was true then?

Guest Phantom

Arlen Spector dies

Once the UK obit comes through, it'll be a unique hit for The Other Side of Sunday on the DDP

Guest Guest

Shame.He was one of the good guys.RIP

George Pillsbury who served in the Minnesota State Senate from 1970-82 (Also a member of the Pillsbury Family, probably best known for their line of refrigerated cookie dough) has died at the age of 91

George McGovern is going into hospice care and his daughter says he's,"near the end of his life." http://hosted.ap.org...EMPLATE=DEFAULT

Here comes hit #9 for me.

I missed him off my DDP, but remembered to have him on another of my lists.

Guest Guest

George McGovern is going into hospice care and his daughter says he's, "near the end of his life."

Apparantely 2 other former members of congress, James Abdor and Bill Janklow entered the same hospice earlier this year .Noth died within days of their admission.I assume it will be the same with McGovern

This would have been a good year for a South Dakotan themed team

George McGovern is going into hospice care and his daughter says he's, "near the end of his life."

Apparantely 2 other former members of congress, James Abdor and Bill Janklow entered the same hospice earlier this year .Noth died within days of their admission.I assume it will be the same with McGovern

I never said he had days to live. Read the article. In fact, I'm hoping he does hold out to 2013, so I can splice him into my list.

• Like 1