Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

2 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Former LibDem MP Paul Keetch who represented Hereford from 1997 - 2010 has died aged 56. http://www.eveshamjournal.co.uk/news/regional/15310106.Former_Hereford_MP_Paul_Keetch_has_died_aged_56/

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Paul_Keetch

Strange for a Liberal whip to be so notable as that Wiki suggests, only a few years ago, and yet I have no memory of him at all.

Damn, that's pretty big news. He was an extremely important figure in American politics. His daughter Mika is one of the most famous news anchors in the country.

I had him on my Shadow List. A unique pick in the DDP too, for Kennedy Driving School, surprisingly not that Ronnie theme team.

Damn. We've lost one more foreign policy expert who could try and stop Donald Trump starting world war 3 ... Thank God we've still got Kissinger ! (happy 94th birthday to him by the way )

3 minutes ago, CoffinLodger said:

Damn. We've lost one more foreign policy expert who could try and stop Donald Trump starting world war 3 ... Thank God we've still got Kissinger !

He was almost 90. I don't think he could do that much. Also, Kissinger is 93 and agrees with Trump on foreign policy.

1 hour ago, CoffinLodger said:

Damn. We've lost one more foreign policy expert who could try and stop Donald Trump starting world war 3 ... Thank God we've still got Kissinger ! (happy 94th birthday to him by the way )

Hope to God you are kiddig and just trying to provoke the readers here. :)Kissinger should be charged with Crimes against Humanity. Start out by reading about Kissinger and Chile in the 1970s. Then remember there is more.....

1 hour ago, theoldlady said:

Hope to God you are kiddig and just trying to provoke the readers here. :)Kissinger should be charged with Crimes against Humanity. Start out by reading about Kissinger and Chile in the 1970s. Then remember there is more.....

I will admit my comment about Kissinger might have been a bit tongue in cheek ..;)

• Like 1

Carter and Obama were the worst presidents in the history of USA. And their henchmen were not different.

• Like 1

So here's what Brzezinski did during his tenure:

*Broke relationship with Taiwan to legitimate Communist dictatorship of China

*Promoted useless SALT treaties never respected by anyone

*Let Iran become a Sharia republic (that's the worst thing he did)

*Financed mujaheddin in Afghanistan (Twin Towers anyone?)

*Extended control over Panama

Judge by yourself...

12 minutes ago, drol said:

*Let Iran become a Sharia republic (that's the worst thing he did)

Are you for real? 

48 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Are you for real? 

YES. Carter and his administration did not react firmly to Khomeini's revolution, leading to the birth of the horrible Islamic State of Iran.

That would have meant getting involved in a war they would have lost. America is NOT the world's police.

• Like 3

5 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

That would have meant getting involved in a war they would have lost. America is NOT the world's police.

No. But a lot of wars could be prevented if they had eradicated Islamic terrorism when it started. Instead they decided to finance it and fight sovereign states (we have seen that with Iraq, Lybia, Syria, exc.). The enemy was Russia under Carter's presidency, it was Russia during Obama's presidency, but I've never seen a Russian exploding during a children party in a Western country. 

12 minutes ago, drol said:

No. But a lot of wars could be prevented if they had eradicated Islamic terrorism when it started. Instead they decided to finance it and fight sovereign states (we have seen that with Iraq, Lybia, Syria, exc.). The enemy was Russia under Carter's presidency, it was Russia during Obama's presidency, but I've never seen a Russian exploding during a children party in a Western country. 

Oh, please, Iran isn't that involved in terrorism. 

You are buying the typical American political establishment lie: Iran evil, Saudi Arabia good.

When, in fact, Saudi Arabia is the country whose royal family funds al-Qaeda, but we have to be friends with them because oil.

• Like 4

All Arab countries are involved in terrorism. Persian Revolution just showed sharia can exist in reality, but Carter's biggest error was to finance mujaheddin in Afghanistan. Political myopia at its finest. 

On 6/19/2016 at 14:14, gcreptile said:

Update on former Speaker of the House Dennis Hastert: He is to serve his time in the Rochester prison, which is known for his advanced medical facility, specializing in the treatment of HIV and other infectious diseases that need long-term treatment, and also in the treatment of end-stage liver disease:

http://www.postbulletin.com/news/local/hastert-to-serve-prison-sentence-in-rochester/article_e54e1f2f-7a5a-58b1-ba6d-774fedb2da8c.html

The decline of his health began with a catastrophic blood infection that almost killed him last year.

Uh oh.....hold your horses, Dennis.
Less than three months before Dennis Hastert's scheduled release from prison, a new accuser has come forward with allegations saying he was sodomized by Hastert decades ago.
SC

WASHINGTON (AP) — The top Democrat on the House Oversight and Government Reform Committee has undergone a heart procedure and will remain hospitalized for a few days.  That's the word from Rep. Elijah Cummings of Maryland. He says in a statement that he had what he calls a "minimally invasive medical procedure" on Wednesday — a transarterial aortic valve replacement — at Johns Hopkins Hospital to treat aortic stenosis.

SC

On 27.5.2017 at 04:58, Sir Creep said:

The full name was my favorite name to speak out loud..I just wanted to say that.

On 1/7/2017 at 13:45, drol said:

5)Konstantinos Mitsotakis (b. 1918), Greece

Dead.

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Weird, I was looking to see if he's still alive the other day. 

I guess it's another hit for the 98 club.

We're really going to struggle for famous new centenarians in 2018 at this rate.

• Like 2