Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

Nick Griffin is still very much alive but might have to devote even more of his copious Twitter feed to discussions of birdwatching from now on, because...he's not an MEP anymore!

• Like 1

Guest Guest

It looks like the Liberal Democrats are officially extinct as far as the European Parliament is concerned. Look like they're not going to have one single MEP :mellow:

Isn't it Ironic... the only party that wants out of Europe makes the most gains in the European election.

• Like 2

Isn't it Ironic... the only party that wants out of Europe makes the most gains in the European election.

More interesting is that the pro-referendum parties took most of the votes when combined (Greens, UKIP, Conservative, English Democrats and those minority eurosceptic parties).

It looks like the Liberal Democrats are officially extinct as far as the European Parliament is concerned. Look like they're not going to have one single MEP :mellow:

They've got one that they literally stole of the Greens by 7k votes in the South East.

Edited to correct London to the South East, they're one and the same thing now though let's be honest. Just with getting progressively more racist and inbred the further you go from Westminster. Until you Watford or the rolling fields of wherever the fucks in the other direction.

Guest Guest

They've got one that they literally stole of the Greens by 7k votes in London.

I demand a recount! :o

How do you get 400,000 Lib Dems on one European Parliament seat?

Become the butt of the joke...

Literally?

Scarily they got over a million votes in the EU election. 1 in 60 people in Britain think there worth a vote...

Literally?

Yes, I still maintain someone was syphoning Green ballots of to the rejected box on an industrial scale in Tower Hamets, only explanation for the delay, (which by the way means Bromley South and thus the overall council result - 18 all for Tower Hamlets first and Labour still hasn't been resolved.)

Scarily they got over a million votes in the EU election. 1 in 60 people in Britain think there worth a vote...

Maybe there are some people who will give the Lib Demsthe credit for being the only mainstream party to see that Europe has potential and it would be better if we took the decision to be one of the architects of the new Europe and creating Europe's place at the World's top table rather than be willing to be reduced to the 51st state. He also understood that by going into coalition which was the right decision for the country at the time he put the country before the party.

In my mind he sold his support cheap and should not have signed up for the full five years. I do not think a change of leader would reverse the party's fortunes at this time.

Before all this gets out of hand turnout at the Euro elections was just about half that at the last General Election. This is a key point.

Maybe there are some people who will give the Lib Demsthe credit for being the only mainstream party to see that Europe has potential and it would be better if we took the decision to be one of the architects of the new Europe and creating Europe's place at the World's top table rather than be willing to be reduced to the 51st state. He also understood that by going into coalition which was the right decision for the country at the time he put the country before the party.

In my mind he sold his support cheap and should not have signed up for the full five years. I do not think a change of leader would reverse the party's fortunes at this time.

Before all this gets out of hand turnout at the Euro elections was just about half that at the last General Election. This is a key point.

The right decision for the country was confidence and supply from lib dems to a minority Tory government on economic issues only, including clear red lines (like the acceleration of academies and handing over our disability assessment scheme to ATOS) and refusing to accept huge swathes of tory policy.

Given that there has been numerous powers transferred to Brussels in the past four years and is a serious reform of powers coming up why hasn't Clegg held a referendum?

Yes turnout is worth knowing 29% of an electorate that actually care about Europe, which is disproprtionately weighted towards the fuck the Europe crowd, voted for UKIP, if I was Farage that wouldn't fill me with confidence about the two thirds of the electorate who didn't vote suddenly flocking to the UKIP brand.

The fact a party that previously pledged to privatise the NHS and boasts of keeping the flame of Thatcherism alive and is now talking about "protecting the NHS" and "tackling the cost of living" shows what a pointless outlet they would be in Westminster.

In this video you will see a white-and-grey-haired, highly opinionated old windbag who's really beginning to show his age.

Oh, and there's Michael Heseltine too

http://www.bbc.co.uk/news/uk-politics-27582772

One for the 2015 list maybe, or does he still have a bit left to go?

In this video you will see a white-and-grey-haired, highly opinionated old windbag who's really beginning to show his age.

Oh, and there's Michael Heseltine too

http://www.bbc.co.uk...litics-27582772

One for the 2015 list maybe, or does he still have a bit left to go?

I think a lot of Thatcher's cabinet will be increasing in popularity as DDP picks over the next few years. I would perhaps be considering Douglas Hurd rather than Heseltine but he has had heart trouble.

Guest Guest

The former tory minister and MP Sir Eldon Griffiths has died at 89 http://www.eadt.co.u..._died_1_3626638

I had the misfortune of dealing with him in a professional capacity, a truly odious man.

He got married last year for the 3rd time. I dare say the contents of his will might cheer up his grieving widow...

As some are declaring their attempts at uniques, I will too:

Sir Eldon Wylie Griffiths

Asil Nadir

Gerald Harper

Dudley Simpson

Emile Ford

Mansoor Ali Khan

Nosher Powell

Francis Matthews

I reckon my best chances are with Griffiths, Khan and Powell, but as the man said, we'll see.

I hope you strike lucky with Griffiths, he's a nasty little man and I've often thought of putting him in a dead pool but never have.

Took three years, but happy to oblige.

• Like 1

Literally?

http://www.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/english/literally

The usage of the word in that context is sanctioned by the Oxford English Dictionary. FYI