Guest Goldeneye-69

Political Frailty

There are very few notable 1918 birrhs around!

3 minutes ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

There are very few notable 1918 birrhs around!

I've not checked it in a few weeks (and the usual "folk might be missing"), but my 1918 list currently stands as:

1918 – Billy Graham, Shinobu Hashimoto, Yasuhiro Nakasone, Martin Pope, Bob Schiller, Guje Lagerwall, Iris Ballard, Hutton Gibson, Jens Skou, Rene de Obaldia, Paul D Boyer, Fay McKenzie, Katherine Johnson, Lloyd Geering, Bobby Doerr, Ivy Bethune, Adolph Kiefer, Brenda Milner, Antonio Candido, Henri Vernes, Frederick Leboyer, Lousise Tobin, T. Berry Brazelton, Josephine Webb, Francis Nye, Edward Giller, Chuck Stevens, Frank Lambert, Doris Grumbach, Paul Farnes, Diana Serra Cary

Not many big names there!

Former Greek Prime Minister Constantine Mitsotakis, one of Greece's most prominent veteran politicians, died early on Monday, his family said. He was 98.

SC

Edit: OK I see it was posted but I not only make no apologies (the search function was looking for Mitsotakis, and didn't stop on 'Dead'), but call the poster of Dead an ass for not posting names we can search.  Do better.  This one's on you.

6 minutes ago, msc said:

I've not checked it in a few weeks (and the usual "folk might be missing"), but my 1918 list currently stands as:

1918 – Billy Graham, Shinobu Hashimoto, Yasuhiro Nakasone, Martin Pope, Bob Schiller, Guje Lagerwall, Iris Ballard, Hutton Gibson, Jens Skou, Rene de Obaldia, Paul D Boyer, Fay McKenzie, Katherine Johnson, Lloyd Geering, Bobby Doerr, Ivy Bethune, Adolph Kiefer, Brenda Milner, Antonio Candido, Henri Vernes, Frederick Leboyer, Lousise Tobin, T. Berry Brazelton, Josephine Webb, Francis Nye, Edward Giller, Chuck Stevens, Frank Lambert, Doris Grumbach, Paul Farnes, Diana Serra Cary

Only Graham Nakasone Serra Carey and Johnson are DLworthy names in my book.

1 hour ago, msc said:

Adolph Kiefer died a few weeks back, so you'll have to trim that one next time you update.

8 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Adolph Kiefer died a few weeks back, so you'll have to trim that one next time you update.

Trimmed from the masterlist as we speak.

It is an unruly document. Something like 7000 names, and no doubt a whole bunch of doublers. Everytime I go to cut it down, I wind up adding 50 names.

• Like 1

43 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Report of the death of John Taylor, former Tory MP for Solihull, aged 75. https://twitter.com/julianknight15/status/869566579259977732

Wiki: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Taylor_(Solihull_MP)

Hmm the joke last time was that an awful lot of former Labour/Lib Dem MPs carked it before the 2010 and 2015 elections, as if they knew what was coming.

A fair few former Tory MPs appear to have died in the last month...

4 minutes ago, msc said:

Hmm the joke last time was that an awful lot of former Labour/Lib Dem MPs carked it before the 2010 and 2015 elections, as if they knew what was coming.

A fair few former Tory MPs appear to have died in the last month...

That's austerity for you...:lol:

• Like 2

On ‎5‎/‎29‎/‎2017 at 13:45, msc said:

Report here that Frederick Leboyer has died. http://www.deces.ch/B/print.php?a=92573

13 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Report here that Frederick Leboyer has died. http://www.deces.ch/B/print.php?a=92573

Nobody wants be a 1918 centenarian!

• Like 3

3 minutes ago, msc said:

Nobody wants be a 1918 centenarian!

So we can expect Billy Graham to be a hit this year then. :lol: 

2 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So we can expect Billy Graham to be a hit this year then. :lol: 

Or next year?:P If someone had told me in 2013 he would still be alive in 2017 I would have laughed you out of the room.

2 hours ago, Shaun of the Dead said:

Or next year?:P If someone had told me in 2013 he would still be alive in 2017 I would have laughed you out of the room.

Imagine if he never died how scary would that be?

• Like 1

Just now, the_engineer said:

Imagine if he never died how scary would that be?

Not very as he can`t preach anymore.He is harmless now!

On 29/5/2017 at 14:45, msc said:

Candido died on May the 12th 2017.

10 minutes ago, msc said:

Dead

What is it with people called Gould getting cancer early? My father went to school with a Gould who was his friend he died around 30 of Cancer. Sam Gould has died of cancer at 33 and there was ed Gould as well died of leukemia at 23.

Just now, the_engineer said:

What is it with people called Gould getting cancer early? My father went to school with a Gould who was his friend he died around 30 of Cancer. Sam Gould has died of cancer at 33 and there was ed Gould as well died of leukemia at 23.

Philip Gould died aged 60 of cancer too - the Blair associate.

Stephen Gould the scientist died aged 50-ish, can't mind if it were cancer.

15 minutes ago, msc said:

Dead

Christ that was quick!

Am hearing those defending Diane. Abbott after her latest car crash interview claim she is genuinely unwell.Not sure I believe it but would explain a lot.

• Like 1

As an American observing the election, why do they call her interviews "car crashes" ? I know that they were messy, but car crash is such a unique adjective.

Because it resembles watching a car crash in that as an observer you see it coming then the impact then the aftermath.In last nights interview for example Dermit Murnahan mentioned the security report to Diane and by the look on her face you could tell she had no idea what he was refering to .Then she dug herself in deeper (crashed the car) .

She is the British equivalent of Maxine Waters .