Sign in to follow this  
RIP Wee Jum

Tony Blackburn

Guest Guest

FFS does that mean all the old eps of Top of the Pops with Tony Blackburn as presenter will be banned now? At this rate theyr're not going to be able to show it at all !

The photo of him on the LBC site is a little worrying - definitely a bit jaundiced and reminds me of the Emperor from the Return of the Jedi. A 2017 possibility perhaps???

The photo of him on the LBC site is a little worrying - definitely a bit jaundiced and reminds me of the Emperor from the Return of the Jedi. A 2017 possibility perhaps???

He has been busy paying tribute to everyone else over the past two months. Trying to raise his profile maybe?

I have thought he looked funny over the last few months. I always thought he looked great for his age until a year or two ago.Anyone reckon he is being used as a sacrificial lamb by the BBC to detract from the report published today?

• Like 1

Ironically the show he presents/(ed) on Radio 2 has the same format as Jimmy Saville's Double Top 10 show which used to run on Radio 1.

I have thought he looked funny over the last few months. I always thought he looked great for his age until a year or two ago.Anyone reckon he is being used as a sacrificial lamb by the BBC to detract from the report published today?

Absolutely there's been some discussion of this on other sites and there's a few cracks in the BBC's official stories even between the BBC News site's own articles. I reckon BBC staff we're told to comply with the party line or say goodbye to jobs, he didn't so this tiny link between him and an allegation years ago has been brought in to get rid of him. They've changed the phrasing from "fired" as it was this morning to "parted company" but the point stands...

One BBC arcticle:

"Relevant part "BBC staff knew of complaints against DJ Jimmy Savile, but senior management were not told because of a culture of fear that still exists, a report says."

'They included two BBC managers who confronted Savile over claims he took teenagers home from Top of the Pops.'

He's being thrown under the bus to show that they meant the threats to him and other staff, but he's rich enough and old enough and judging by some of his photos ill enough he doesn't give a fuck.
  • Like 2

Absolutely there's been some discussion of this on other sites and there's a few cracks in the BBC's official stories even between the BBC News site's own articles. I reckon BBC staff we're told to comply with the party line or say goodbye to jobs, he didn't so this tiny link between him and an allegation years ago has been brought in to get rid of him. They've changed the phrasing from "fired" as it was this morning to "parted company" but the point stands...

One BBC arcticle:

"Relevant part "BBC staff knew of complaints against DJ Jimmy Savile, but senior management were not told because of a culture of fear that still exists, a report says."

'They included two BBC managers who confronted Savile over claims he took teenagers home from Top of the Pops.'

He's being thrown under the bus to show that they meant the threats to him and other staff, but he's rich enough and old enough and judging by some of his photos ill enough he doesn't give a fuck.

Apparently he is thinking of suing.I bloody would!

One BBC arcticle:

I'd guessing sacking someone over their actions in a supposedly independent inquiry could warrant unfair dismissal, if his sacking his directly connected to the "independent inquiry" surely the BBC would have to throw the findings out and start again?.

On another note is just me or do Tony Hall and Janet Smith both look like your stereotypical nonce?

One BBC arcticle:

I'd guessing sacking someone over their actions in a supposedly independent inquiry could warrant unfair dismissal, if his sacking his directly connected to the "independent inquiry" surely the BBC would have to throw the findings out and start again?.

On another note is just me or do Tony Hall and Janet Smith both look like your stereotypical nonce?

That's the type of person we've all been taught to be wary of. The ones that end up being found guilty of, are the ones that no one would really suspect in a million years because of their position in the local community or even higher. Or like in the case of Saville where it's been covered up by enough people you kick yourself because all the warning signs were there, but you weren't 100% convinced.

One BBC arcticle:

That's the type of person we've all been taught to be wary of. The ones that end up being found guilty of, are the ones that no one would really suspect in a million years because of their position in the local community or even higher. Or like in the case of Saville where it's been covered up by enough people you kick yourself because all the warning signs were there, but you weren't 100% convinced.

I know that which is why I used the word stereotypical. However there is a secret lizard family you could easily see them as members. Also the cynic in me would say that if you were say, organising a inquiry into something you'd been covering up for generations, you might just have people who had an interest in covering that up running the inquiry - that doesn't mean their guilty of anything. Not that a national state broadcaster would ever stoop to such a low.

Ironically the show he presents/(ed) on Radio 2 has the same format as Jimmy Saville's Double Top 10 show which used to run on Radio 1.

Yeah, you suspect they're creating a job for the currently unemployed Stuart Hall!

At least the tired old format of Pick Of The Pops is dead, no thanks to decrepit producer Phil Swern restricting the years featured.

I think he only bothered with/featured one POTP chart after 1994 while Tony Blackburn hosted it.

Tony has a couple of other shows down south (Kent & Berkshire I think), so he's not hanging up his headphones just yet.

At least the tired old format of Pick Of The Pops is dead, no thanks to decrepit producer Phil Swern restricting the years featured.

I think he only bothered with/featured one POTP chart after 1994 while Tony Blackburn hosted it.

Tony has a couple of other shows down south (Kent & Berkshire I think), so he's not hanging up his headphones just yet.

That's because most music after 1994 is ear-shite. Actually most music after about 1986 is fucking bollocks.

• Like 2

That's because most music after 1994 is ear-shite. Actually most music after about 1986 is fucking bollocks.

Most music after 1906 is fucking bollocks. I blame the N-words.

Tempus. You're heading for a warning. 'Non whites' is the correct response.

I'm not politically correct. I very much hope the era of having to be careful what you say (lest you offend someone or someone takes offence on behalf of others) is coming to an end.

Free speech should be an absolute, including incitement to violence.

I'm not politically correct. I very much hope the era of having to be careful what you say (lest you offend someone or someone takes offence on behalf of others) is coming to an end.

This isn't about political correctness it's about basic levels of respect to people of a different skin colour.

This isn't about political correctness it's about basic levels of respect to people of a different skin colour.

No, it's about freedom of speech, the word N-word should not be censored, nor should; Paki, nig nog, jungle bunny, coon, kaffir, spick, chink, kike, etc...

No, it's about freedom of speech, the word N-word should not be censored, nor should; Paki, nig nog, jungle bunny, coon, kaffir, spick, chink, kike, etc...

They shouldn't really be used though, given that there is far less emotive terminology for all of them. You seem to be using these terms purely to make a point about free speech without consideration for emotional and historical connections, which makes you a quite vile person.

If you want to go round making people feel really shit about themselves, then I guess spewing out racial insults is as good a way to do it as any. On the other hand why bother, life has enough negativity as it is?

They shouldn't really be used though, given that there is far less emotive terminology for all of them. You seem to be using these terms purely to make a point about free speech without consideration for emotional and historical connections, which makes you a quite vile person.

Aye, but if we can just fucking calm down here...is Tempus implying black people only started making music after 1906?

In any case, couldn't he just, like, post us a playlist of white music made up to 1906 and let us decide?

Its utterly shocking, nearly as shocking as hearing a 5yr old shout out the word 'fuck' in the middle of Tescos.

Nice to see a legendary DL pro coming out of retirement, although id still have to go for Dr Z finishing it in the 3rd round.

• Like 2