Full time: England 1-2 Iceland

:-)

• Like 1

Full time: England 1-2 Iceland

:-)

Icexit!

• Like 1

Exit?

And Woy resigns even faster than Cameron. Though after that it's probably not a surprise.

Woy gone. Shouldn't end there. Rooney should retire too and that f*cking band!

• Like 5

Joe Hart couldn't catch fucking AIDS if he was bummed by all the monkeys in Africa.

• Like 1

Joe_Hart.jpg

• Like 3

Come on Wales?

Steady on, it's been a rough week I grant you, but...steady on...

• Like 1

Out of Europe and voted with their feet this time.

• Like 2

Things always looked bad for England from the off. As the Icelandic captain handed over his flag, the England captain reciprocated by handing over an Article 50 declaration.

• Like 5
  • Haha 1

Well, Lasse Lagerbäck NEVER loses against England, so I can't say I'm surprised by the outcome. Since Sweden's loss against Belgium, most of us have been rooting for our Nordic brothers. You see, unlike Denmark (football), Finland (icehockey) and Norway (skiing), we don't have any particular sporting rivalries with Iceland. Any success that they get is just positive. So it would be completely awesome if they managed to beat the hosts too, although that will arguably be a lot tougher. Not to mention a potential semifinal...

Anyways, GO ICELAND! :D

• Like 2

The look on his coupon :D

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/13567809_154023478348550_152176783_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjQwMSwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&oh=e7302138b9af4a8431bc1c6dd18d176e&oe=577256BC

Right, the Uncle Tom Alan Green whining/tears were grand, but ffs it wasn't a shock.

The Dutch weren't there, because Iceland romped the Qualification Group.

Identical record (2 draws and last minute winner) to England in the Finals.

In my lifetime, England have won 3 (THREE) knock out games in 90 minutes. (4 aet). That's it. They are NOT a Tournament country.

It wasn't a shock, but it's still fucking great :)

• Like 1

Björk 2 Berks 1

• Like 1

The look on his coupon :D

https://video-lhr3-1.xx.fbcdn.net/v/t42.1790-2/13567809_154023478348550_152176783_n.mp4?efg=eyJybHIiOjQwMSwicmxhIjo1MTIsInZlbmNvZGVfdGFnIjoic3ZlX3NkIn0%3D&oh=e7302138b9af4a8431bc1c6dd18d176e&oe=577256BC

Right, the Uncle Tom Alan Green whining/tears were grand, but ffs it wasn't a shock.

In my lifetime, England have won 3 (THREE) knock out games in 90 minutes. (4 aet). That's it. They are NOT a Tournament country.

It wasn't a shock, but it's still effing great :)

You like us really. :lol:

Can't disagree with you at all, Iceland fully deserved the win. On the final point, at least we reach the tournaments to fail miserably. There are kids north of the border now reaching adulthood who weren't born the last time the Tartan Army reached a major tournament. I mean, at least you used to qualify, then go out in the group stage. Now you don't even do that.

Quarter Finals start tonight, thought we might start having a few (ill advised) predictions:

Poland-Portugal: Portugal to score a last minute/extra time winner, just as in the Last 16, 0-1.

Wales-Belgium: Much as a I fear a Wales win, I'll say 1-2 Belgium.

Germany-Italy: Toss-up. Could be a cracking match. Italy, because they've never lost to Germany in a major tournament. (True dat)

France-Iceland: France finally find their form and Iceland's fairytale ends to a competent opposition, 2-0.

Of course, I tipped a Croatia-Belgium semi-final, so if I were you I'd be looking at Poland, Wales, Germany and Iceland...

Can't disagree with you at all, Iceland fully deserved the win. On the final point, at least we reach the tournaments to fail miserably. There are kids north of the border now reaching adulthood who weren't born the last time the Tartan Army reached a major tournament. I mean, at least you used to qualify, then go out in the group stage. Now you don't even do that.

Quarter Finals start tonight, thought we might start having a few (ill advised) predictions:

Poland-Portugal: Portugal to score a last minute/extra time winner, just as in the Last 16, 0-1.

Wales-Belgium: Much as a I fear a Wales win, I'll say 1-2 Belgium.

Germany-Italy: Toss-up. Could be a cracking match. Italy, because they've never lost to Germany in a major tournament. (True dat)

France-Iceland: France finally find their form and Iceland's fairytale ends to a competent opposition, 2-0.

Of course, I tipped a Croatia-Belgium semi-final, so if I were you I'd be looking at Poland, Wales, Germany and Iceland...

They've got a chance now, England are in their qualification group for the World Cup!

I'm tempted to put a sneaky fiver on England not qualifying...

Poles -1 , the best striker in Europe has to come good.

Belgium -1, Wales are, well, Welsh.

Unified Germanic Tribes after extra time.

Iceland. Tipped them in first post , so why change.

Portugal edge through again.

This will be their 4th Euros semi-final in 5. #consistency

Dammit.

Portugal doesn't deserve semifinals, they've been shitty this year.

But so has Poland, so...

Portugal's Euro 2016 record:

Portugal 1-1 Iceland

Portugal 0-0 Austria

Portugal 3-3 Hungary

Portugal 0-0 Croatia (1-0 AET after 117th minute goal)

Portugal 0-0 Poland (AET, Portugal win 5-3 on penalties)

Portugal could become the first side to win the Euros without ever winning a match in normal time. And lest we forget that barring 3 equalisers against Hungary they'd have been on the first plane home. Lucky winkers...

Didn't a country win the Copa a few tournies back without winning a game??

Not this century, though there was the Europa League a few years ago when it looked like Atletico Madrid were going to make the final with a grand total of one win (in extra time) in 14 games. Sadly they then took on Liverpool in a semifinal so won that game.

• Like 2

Tip for the Tournament, Mary...

Italy, so lacking in real stars they have to play like a proper team but capable of flourish-finishing a fast move so also hard to defend against.

It won't be Wales

• Like 2

Tip for the Tournament, Mary...

Italy, so lacking in real stars they have to play like a proper team but capable of flourish-finishing a fast move so also hard to defend against.

It won't be Wales

I like the look of Italy but can you ever rule out the Germans. On the playing like a proper team point, I reckon England would be better off choosing a Championship side to represent them (with maybe one or two English premiership youngsters) like Derby or Brighton. Couldn't do worse than what we usually end up with.

Not this century, though there was the Europa League a few years ago when it looked like Atletico Madrid were going to make the final with a grand total of one win (in extra time) in 14 games. Sadly they then took on Liverpool in a semifinal so won that game.

Paraguay in 2011 got to the Final were who I was thinking of.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/2011_Copa_Am%C3%A9rica