Still broken then...

Still broken.

• Like 1

Whose daft idea was it to schedule the biggest home nations match in a generation for 2pm on a Thursday afternoon?

Forgive me for being a thick girl, but isn't France the home nation?

In football Enland, Wales, Northern Ireland and Scotland (some people include Ireland) are considered the Home Nations of football due to the rules for modern football being based on English and UK school rules. A match between any two of these is considered a home nations clash. The four nations also used to contest the Home Nations cup until Irish terrorists caused it to end,

England v Wales

England v Northern Ireland

England v Scotland

Wales v Northern Ireland

Wales v Scotland

Scotland v Northern Ireland

and arguably (not generally accepted for association football)

Ireland v Northern Ireland

Ireland v Scotland

Ireland v Wales

Ireland v England

These clashes are rare in competitive football (non-friendlies) since the home nations cup was abandoned, which is what makes it being scheduled for 2pm such a pain in the ass - the economic cost will likely be huge.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Home_Nations

I see, thank you for that. I am on leave anyhow so no need for me to 'get the shits' or 'have women's problems' in order to skive off work to watch

Ach, Lardy! I.....I can't unread that.

As for the term 'Irish Terrorists' that's like some injun shooting a cop with an arrow and everyone calling him a Native American Terrorist.

SirC

No it's really not. Home games hadn't been played in Ireland for years due to the troubles before the 1981 incident, which made a bit of a mockery of the competition.

Aaron Ramsay to score twice and push Nobby Stiles and Gordon Banks over the edge.

Maybe....

Hart :D

Can I place on record that I don't give a shit who wins this. There was a time when I used to care.

^^ better if posted one hour ago....

^^ better if posted one hour ago....

I only just came in. Proving that I haven't arranged my day around it.

Edit - actually I think I'd prefer it if Wales wins. :rolleyes:

^^ again too late as it's 1-1..

I edited after the equaliser.

I edited after the equaliser.

Edit again Toastie 2-1 to England. :D

England have won an international match. Now the big question, what are the viewing figures for that match, considering 80% of the country should have been in work?

Group A wrapped up for the first two rounds England 4, Wales, 3, Russia 2, Slovakia 1

England beat or draw Slovakia and their through, Wales beat Russia and they're through. Two home nations in the Last 16?

England have won an international match. Now the big question, what are the viewing figures for that match, considering 80% of the country should have been in work?

Group A wrapped up for the first two rounds England 4, Wales, 3, Russia 2, Slovakia 1

England beat or draw Slovakia and their through, Wales beat Russia and they're through. Two home nations in the Last 16?

Aye, quite likely, watched it in a pub and genuinely felt a bit for the Welsh at the end who'd done everything they should have done (give or take getting Bale on the ball from every break out).

I can't fault your conclusion (well I could if I wanted to be pedantic about grammar/spelling :P) but your middle paragraph has got my head scratching.

The points for teams in the group are England 4, Wales 3, Slovakia 3 and Russia 1 so that's not what you mean.

What do you mean?

And when you say Group A wrapped up for the first two rounds do you mean France have won Group A even though Switzerland can still beat them?

Perhaps you were one of the 80% working in the pub? :referee:

In passing, I'd like to say...

Shane Ferguson will be on the telly again for Northern Ireland.

I may be gone some time...

• Like 1

I can't fault your conclusion (well I could if I wanted to be pedantic about grammar/spelling :P) but your middle paragraph has got my head scratching.

The points for teams in the group are England 4, Wales 3, Slovakia 3 and Russia 1 so that's not what you mean.

What do you mean?

And when you say Group A wrapped up for the first two rounds do you mean France have won Group A even though Switzerland can still beat them?

Perhaps you were one of the 80% working in the pub? :referee:

Sorry, I forget Slovakia beat Russia. You are indeed correct and it is indeed Group B not Group A. Whilst I wasn't working in the pub, I saw about 60 minutes of the match, make of that what you will. Although I meant the first two group stage matches had concluded, which also applies to Group A anyway.

Aye, quite likely, watched it in a pub and genuinely felt a bit for the Welsh at the end who'd done everything they should have done (give or take getting Bale on the ball from every break out).

Hard to feel sorry for the welsh.

Crap, he's not made the starting line-up. Arg....

Might come off the bench.

Great result...and Corry Evans was worth seeing!

On goes the march....

I remember the Soviets used to have a pretty good team in the 1980s and most of them consisted from players from the Ukraine.

But since the end of the cold war, Ukraine have been rather shit...

Great win for Norn Iron though. Just a point against the Germans and they're through and historically, their record against them is pretty decent.

• Like 2

Might come off the bench.

As might Cat and Wilz if I read their interest correctly although it's entirely possible that I have that utterly wrong.

btw I know little enough about football that I don't know who Shane Ferguson actually is.

• Like 1

On goes the march....

Did you catch the Ukranian during the hailstone break?

On goes the march....

Corry plays for my team, Blackburn. His performances in a blue and white shirt are not so worth seeing, although he has his moments.

On goes the march....

Corry plays for my team, Blackburn. His performances in a blue and white shirt are not so worth seeing, although he has his moments.

My team will be playing you next season. Fixture list out on the 22nd.

Given that only 2 of the 3rd place teams don't go through, it's hard to not see all 3 in the last 16.

On goes the march....

Did you catch the Ukranian during the hailstone break?

Don't think I was looking much at the Ukrainians. Zinchenko is lovely, but younger than I should admit to! Below half my age and it all becomes a bit...weird...I guess it shouldn't bother me.

And he has fabulous ears...