maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2017

Ah cool, practically 18% of the way to a winner already. And with joker points still waiting on Mario Soares, who must surely be going shortly.

Coward, Elias, Hankins, Lakovic, and Sumner were also picked for their days and weeks not months prognosis, so may come good. Anna Holmlund will either be a hit for the Deathrace, or recover, and Nevin/Mcgill/Laws/Downie/Byland are in injury time.

Aye, most recent I can find on Soares is "critca" four days ago.

Best updates are likely on Portuguese sites - until his dies, obviously. Anyone hereabouts actuall speak Portuguese?

Why, are you thinking of getting them to phone the hospital? :D

Ah cool, practically 18% of the way to a winner already. And with joker points still waiting on Mario Soares, who must surely be going shortly.

Coward, Elias, Hankins, Lakovic, and Sumner were also picked for their days and weeks not months prognosis, so may come good. Anna Holmlund will either be a hit for the Deathrace, or recover, and Nevin/Mcgill/Laws/Downie/Byland are in injury time.

Best updates are likely on Portuguese sites - until his dies, obviously. Anyone hereabouts actuall speak Portuguese?

Don't speak Portuguese, but been checking up on Mario Soares so often that I can understand most of what I read. I also speak Spanish and French, which helps.

Don't speak Portuguese, but been checking up on Mario Soares so often that I can understand most of what I read. I also speak Spanish and French, which helps.

And you ain't saying he's dead - so the points on hold for another day.

Deep coma - he probably still thinks he's president, eh?

You can still award Jan Pruit. Also if it's only reported on Portugese media surely the points don't stand due to the English obit requirement.

You can still award Jan Pruit. Also if it's only reported on Portugese media surely the points don't stand due to the English obit requirement.

They are. Look at the second post on the front page.

Ah fair enough.

Yup, the chap who picked Pruitt is in the early lead.

Visual representation:

giphy.gif

• Like 6

Ah fair enough.

And the the points in Portguese bit...Soares is a shoo in for an English language obit; it'll just drag a while behind the report in Portuguese.

Reet - off to see the team in promotion place vs form team in the league; that'll be CUFC vs CUFC, then.

Unless I'm getting summat wrong the rip below is the totality of the first week action - let me know if there's more and I'll sort it after chips, beer and football

Let's Have a Look at the old Scoreboard!

msc - 363 pts

• Like 1

Well, after only msc having scored in the first week, time for a huge update to the scoreboard.

Wish I had made him my joker, though. Sara Hankins is hanging on despite her loved ones having said a month ago that they don't think she'll make Christmas.

Mario was my joker iirc. So half way there now if my maths is anywhere near right.

Well, the bad news for my chances is that Ricky Murderer Chap is still facing the death penalty in 9 days.

The good news is that it's the England national team taking the penalty.

Sorry, couldn't resist an old joke.

Ricki Javon Gray is in a state with a democratic governor, so there's always the chance of a pardon. The other "candidate" is in Texas.

I'm guessing you're still working on adding the team initials, MPFC, but one of my picks (Pete Murray) seems to be missing from the masterlist.

Sorted

It seems that you didn't finish adding my team to the master list, as the last eight picks of my team aren't noted as such on the masterlist.

Including Mario Soares who is the joker.

I'm guessing you're still working on adding the team initials, MPFC, but one of my picks (Pete Murray) seems to be missing from the masterlist.

Sorted

It seems that you didn't finish adding my team to the master list, as the last eight picks of my team aren't noted as such on the masterlist.

Everything is backed up, mind

On it in a few minutes with the double checking

Sorted

Reet - double check it now; all done, I think

Sorted

Reet - double check it now; all done, I think

thumbs-up-hand-gesture-smiley-emoticon.g

Peter Sarstedt - biggest Deathrace miss to date

Not even a sniff of 2017 subs bench action and now he's gone

Team of Lozzie

LOZZIE

1. Leah Bracknell (Joker)2. Stefan Karl Stefansson3. Norman Lloyd4. Debbie Reynolds5. Billy Graham (Reverend)6. Beverly Cleary7. Vera Lynn8. Joanne Woodward (Paul Newman's widow)9. David Rockefeller10. Tony Bennett11. Liz dawn (Corrie)12. Kirk Douglas13. Jane Freeman (LOTSW)14. Sidney Poitier15. Joe Jackson (MJ's Father)16. Burt Reynolds17. Cicely Tyson18. Bill Macy (Maude)19. Errol Christie20. Bruce Forsyth

Subs1. Quincy Jones2. Rolf Harris3. Little Richard

Hi, I have to sub in Quincy Jones for Debbie Reynolds. The downside of submitting so early!

Aye, but I'd sorted that when the masterlist was posted - obviously I've just posted the teams for reference.

Which Quincy Jones? The producer (more famous) or the comedian with mesothelioma?

Put me right if you have to but...I'm assuming the second one - and also assuming you'd go that route on Deathrace because the QO would appear for sure.

Thanks for asking mind, cos if Michael Jackson's old mate walks under a bus you can't claim the points now!

It's the producer. I know I'm going to be terrible at this, it was half arsed research. I have higher hopes for 2018!

Incredible, my pick Moorie Boogaart just keeps on knitting and knitting...

http://www.wzzm13.com/features/the-hat-man-continues-to-knit-receives-yarn-donation-from-georgia-company/382563317

Reminds me of my Joe Green pick (who I just noticed was on your subs bench). Thought he'd be dead by now, but he was still able to write an article a few days ago. About facing the end while in hospice, but still.

Also reminds me of Sid Hartman: http://minnesota.cbslocal.com/2016/12/30/sid-hartman-recovery/

I selected him for this dead pool because of the fact he was hospitalized in mid December, but now is saying he plans to be back at work in a week. No update since then.

Team of Lozzie

LOZZIE

1. Leah Bracknell (Joker)2. Stefan Karl Stefansson3. Norman Lloyd4. Debbie Reynolds5. Billy Graham (Reverend)6. Beverly Cleary7. Vera Lynn8. Joanne Woodward (Paul Newman's widow)9. David Rockefeller10. Tony Bennett11. Liz dawn (Corrie)12. Kirk Douglas13. Jane Freeman (LOTSW)14. Sidney Poitier15. Joe Jackson (MJ's Father)16. Burt Reynolds17. Cicely Tyson18. Bill Macy (Maude)19. Errol Christie20. Bruce Forsyth

Subs1. Quincy Jones2. Rolf Harris3. Little Richard

Hi, I have to sub in Quincy Jones for Debbie Reynolds. The downside of submitting so early!

Aye, but I'd sorted that when the masterlist was posted - obviously I've just posted the teams for reference.

Which Quincy Jones? The producer (more famous) or the comedian with mesothelioma?

Put me right if you have to but...I'm assuming the second one - and also assuming you'd go that route on Deathrace because the QO would appear for sure.

Thanks for asking mind, cos if Michael Jackson's old mate walks under a bus you can't claim the points now!

It's the producer. I know I'm going to be terrible at this, it was half arsed research. I have higher hopes for 2018!

Okay - I'm hearing ya

Either way; no damage done by the misunderstanding because they're both still breathing