maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2017

Of course, if Ricky Javon Gray's final moments were also the sealing of the winning score we could - like - rope in a sponsor, buy a trophy and set up a photo op of the presentation with the sponsor's logo and the doctor in the background verifying the end of Javon Gray!

Hopefully last complaint for a while, me and gcreptile need ten more points to our total score. I was at 713, and 713 + 354=1067, not 1057. Also for gcreptile, 358+354= 712, not 702.

• Like 1

Of course, if Ricky Javon Gray's final moments were also the sealing of the winning score we could - like - rope in a sponsor, buy a trophy and set up a photo op of the presentation with the sponsor's logo and the doctor in the background verifying the end of Javon Gray!

Sponsor a rope maybe.

It appears that pick all the oldest people title holders was an awful tactic for this...

• Like 2

It appears that pick all the oldest people title holders was an awful tactic for this...

Not necessarily: I won with a team of basically "oldest economist", "oldest Catholic church Cardinal" and so on, but I was helped by 2015 being a relatively slow starting month on the DDP (and therefore the Deathrace too).

Not necessarily: I won with a team of basically "oldest economist", "oldest Catholic church Cardinal" and so on, but I was helped by 2015 being a relatively slow starting month on the DDP (and therefore the Deathrace too).

I was more berating my trusted old fucks for not dying. For clarification, here's my team as PMed to mpfc with the answer to the question who they fuck are they in brackets.;

1. Violet Brown (oldest Jamaican)
  2. Emma Morano (worlds oldest living person)
  3. Ruth Berry (oldest person born in Guernsey)
  4. Beryl le Gros (oldest woman in Jersey)
  5. Joyce Bevir (oldest person born in Jersey)
  6. Alice Ducat (oldest Scottish-born women)
  7. Jane Webster (oldest woman born in Northern Ireland)
  8. Katie Anderson (oldest woman in Scotland)
  9. Robert Grant Pitts "Bob" Weighton (oldest man in Britain)
  10. Alfred "Alf" Smith (also oldest man in britain)
  11. Bessie Cam (oldest woman in britain)
  12. Margaret Dunbar (oldest woman in Northern Ireland)
  13. Joyce Lathbury (oldest woman in Wales)
  14. Elvira Clarke (oldest person on isle of man)
  15. Ruth Berry (oldest person in Guernsey)
  16. Alice Sleaford (oldest living twins)
  17. Mary Taylor (oldest living twins)
  18. Maurice Kaye (longest married couple, uk)
  19. Helen Kaye (longest married couple, uk)
  20. Nabi Tajima (oldest Jap)

I've figured out the best tactic is to pick people who are going to die soon. Just haven't worked out the best way of doing that yet.

I've figured out the best tactic is to pick people who are going to die soon. Just haven't worked out the best way of doing that yet.

Aye, if we'd known exaclty when Sarstedt and King were dying, we'd be laughing. (Also, the Deathrace would be won by 30 odd people, and Maryport would be a bit skint...)

• Like 1

Aye, if we'd known exaclty when Sarstedt and King were dying, we'd be laughing. (Also, the Deathrace would be won by 30 odd people, and Maryport would be a bit skint...)

Laughing in a respectful way of course.

Read the rules, there's a - sort of - tie break scenario where the winners keep on going until a clear winner emerges.

The family fortune will not be compromised however copious the carnage

• Like 3

Read the rules, there's a - sort of - tie break scenario where the winners keep on going until a clear winner emerges.

Rule 8 for those who are too lazy to check

8 - In the event that two or more players tie for victory a Deathrace play off will ensue with all potential winners continuing to compete until such time as one potential winner scores more points than any other potential winner (such points continuing to be accrued as per the scoring system described in point 4 above).

Rule 8 for those who are too lazy to check

8 - In the event that two or more players tie for victory a Deathrace play off will ensue with all potential winners continuing to compete until such time as one potential winner scores more points than any other potential winner (such points continuing to be accrued as per the scoring system described in point 4 above).

Indeed so we could still be in action in August, personally I doubt it

My first "hit" in the form of the Queens Former Brother in law Lord Snowden

On it as we speak

• Like 1

Made no real difference to the running order at the top but Snowdon brought two more teams into play

• Like 2

Made no real difference to the running order at the top but Snowdon brought two more teams into play

I'm a simple soul at this moment in time and I'm just pleased to have my first hit!

I just need to figure out how to change names of correct guesses into red or whatever colour in the list in my signature. Not brilliant with technology savvy sadly!

I'm a simple soul at this moment in time and I'm just pleased to have my first hit!

I just need to figure out how to change names of correct guesses into red or whatever colour in the list in my signature. Not brilliant with technology savvy sadly!

There is a Text Color button when you make a post, the one that's an A with a few blocks of color in the corner. Highlight the text you want to change the color of, click the aforementioned button and choose the color you want.

• Like 1

Death Impends is now just one hit away from reclaiming the title.

http://english.cri.cn/12394/2017/01/14/2743s949709.htm

Two teams score joker points.

Aye, very timely because it's weekly scoreboard update time

Those four figure teams in full

Death Impends - 1726

Dead Cow - 1425

Pedro67 - 1425

msc - 1079 pts

JoeyRuss - 1067

Dr_T - 1057

Ricky Javon thingy's stay of execution rejected, so the Deathrace will end on Wednesday at the latest...

Ricky Javon thingy's stay of execution rejected, so the Deathrace will end on Wednesday at the latest...

Aye

With a few cashed in jokers - including mine, to ruffle up the minor places

Ricky Javon Gray – dc, di, ds*, gr, jr*, mp*

Looks like I'll be just seeing who dies later in the year.

Ah, that sometimes death is scheduled for easy points....

Oh fuck it.

At least I had Zhou Youguang on my Shadow List.

So, looks like this'll be the fastest Deathrace ever despite having the highest ever winning total. Serious question, will any other big name/joker check out in the next few days and sneak result for someone else?