maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2017

I'm on my way round Vinnie Jones's house as we speak.

• Like 2

So, looks like this'll be the fastest Deathrace ever despite having the highest ever winning total. Serious question, will any other big name/joker check out in the next few days and sneak result for someone else?

I hope so.

I don't like the death row picks. I realise there is a risk of last minute stays, but it's unimaginative.

• Like 5

So, looks like this'll be the fastest Deathrace ever despite having the highest ever winning total. Serious question, will any other big name/joker check out in the next few days and sneak result for someone else?

I hope so.

I don't like the death row picks. I realise there is a risk of last minute stays, but it's unimaginative.

Ditto. What does MPFC think of introducing a points cap, rather than a hit cap, for the death row inmates next year? For example, if it's 500 points and two of them die on January 1, you only get 500 points instead of 728. Therefore you might think whether a second inmate and nearly guaranteed points is worth it if because of the reduced points there's a higher risk that another death will be necessary to win.

I hope so.

Ditto. What does MPFC think of introducing a points cap, rather than a hit cap, for the death row inmates next year? For example, if it's 500 points and two of them die on January 1, you only get 500 points instead of 728. Therefore you might think whether a second inmate and nearly guaranteed points is worth it if because of the reduced points there's a higher risk that another death will be necessary to win.

Aye a potential development.

Tbh this working month has been summat of a mare so the Deathrace has been a mixed blessing. Fun and I'm kinda grateful the end is in sight. Assuming there is another one I'm up for listening to points cap ideas and/or capping the death row points by limiting the scoring executions to one per team.

We could just do what every other dead pool does and prevent people entering death row inmates.

• Like 3

I'd certainly welcome a bar on executions being made Jokers if they are allowed at all. To get a third of the way to a title with a guaranteed death...well...I'm bamboozled.

But if we all know what we're getting into at the start, the rules are clear and it's MPFC's game to set the rules. The more agreement and much nodding contributes to a greater entry pool.

I stuck with my team and I'm not complaining. I'm just interested to see if I can get a higher score than last year. Finishing on zero at the announcement of a champ doesn't bother me at all.

Orrabest, as we say...

I'd certainly welcome a bar on executions being made Jokers if they are allowed at all. To get a third of the way to a title with a guaranteed death...well...I'm bamboozled.

But if we all know what we're getting into at the start, the rules are clear and it's MPFC's game to set the rules. The more agreement and much nodding contributes to a greater entry pool.

I stuck with my team and I'm not complaining. I'm just interested to see if I can get a higher score than last year. Finishing on zero at the announcement of a champ doesn't bother me at all.

Orrabest, as we say...

Not sure if I'd totally favour a bar on executions because the whole point hereabouts is copious carnage; we want 'em quick and plentiful. What I don't want is teams appearing out of nowhere and running away with it on the basis of nowt but executions. I could - like - put a ban on teams with deathrow residents arriving via PM; so everyone sees all the execution fodder before it's entered. Though that may make 31 December a chore. Once we've signed off on this year let's have a free for all touchy feely session of sharing opinions, or summat.

• Like 2

Putting Zhou Youguang in my team was a Deathrace tradition at this point. I think I've done it every year since 2014, so good on him to cark it so early in the year. Though a shame to see him go even with his ancient age, he had an interesting life.

I wasn't keen on the death row inmates being allowed either but it was in the rules so I played by it. Wouldn't mind a further tightening of the restrictions on them, mind. I like the idea of barring jokers on them for one.

• Like 1

My first "hit" in the form of the Queens Former Brother in law Lord Snowden

Made no real difference to the running order at the top but Snowdon brought two more teams into play

I'm a simple soul at this moment in time and I'm just pleased to have my first hit!

I just need to figure out how to change names of correct guesses into red or whatever colour in the list in my signature. Not brilliant with technology savvy sadly!

There is a Text Color button when you make a post, the one that's an A with a few blocks of color in the corner. Highlight the text you want to change the color of, click the aforementioned button and choose the color you want.

Thanks again -finally got around to doing it last night on my PC. Decided to be a bit different and instead of my signature turning red and redder with each success it will turn bright orange my favourite colour with each "success"

The reason I attempted with gray in the first place was because of how notorious his crimes were.

Phew, I managed to sneak in a 2nd hit before the end.

Save me a trawl and name the second stiff!

Jimmy Snuka presumably

• Like 1

Jimmy Snuka presumably

Aye, on it

340 pts

Jimmy Snuka presumably

Aye, on it

350 pts

FTFY

Indeed - post above - my bad but all done; seven teams now into four points and the middle order shaken up around the 700 pt mark and just above.

Jockeying for position ahead of the presumed sealing of the title over the cooling corpse of a killer!

220px-Jimmy_Superfly_Snuka_Paparazzo_Pho

Mr Gray apologises in advance for his unavailability in the event we stage another MMDP and probably won't be turning out in the Deathlist Cup either.

If anything around here smells funny it might be his last meal!

565610e9b6a43.image.jpg

I like the hat, he looks like he could have been the third best rapper on a Wu Tang side project circa 1997.

I like the hat, he looks like he could have been the third best rapper on a Wu Tang side project circa 1997.

I wear one just like that for deer hunting.

Rappers are like deer. One way or another, a significant number end up getting shot.

• Like 2

Congratulations Death Impends.

Harold Shipman wore one for old dear hunting!

• Like 5

Your 15000 post, Maryport! Let's celebrate hunting some old dears!

• Like 1

Pretty much the perfect maryport post for 15k.

Your 15000 post, Maryport! Let's celebrate hunting some old dears!

I'll celebrate in the traditional way - by posting (though thanks for the good wishes cos I hadn't actually noticed the one above was 15k on the nail).

To be clear - given the lenient QO standards of Deathrace obits the self-same reputable news source that noted the rejection of Gray's last bid for continued breathing would suffice as confirmation of DI's winning points; assuming no sudden deluge of death from other quarters intercedes to take someone else over the line first.

That'll be this news source: http://www.richmond.com/news/article_ba833ec6-a721-5362-95f9-b7bf42e0d866.html