maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2017

http://wtvr.com/2017/01/17/ricky-gray-execution-mcauliffe/

The governor of Virginia has denied Ricky gray clemency.

Not much gets past you, hey?

gay?

You missed out the r, his name's Gray.

Ah, he's probably still wondering why he can't find Joey Freak on Spotify...

• Like 8

Yup, the chap who picked Pruitt is in the early lead.

Visual representation:

giphy.gif

Given this race will be over in a few hours, I'll say - that Winnie the Pooh gif was far, far more accurate about my chances than I'd considered!

An inflammatory online post from a site monitoring Mr Gray:

Liz says:

The needle is too merciful for an animal like this. Blacks want to know why cops look harder at them? Because so many of them are violent criminals who cannot be rehabilitated. Note that he and his nephew/co-conspirator were both previously released from prison for violent crimes. This is the result of 4th and 5th generation welfare. the 2nd Amendment is to protect decent people from the Ricky Gray’s of the world.

I'd have to say I find this rant inexcusable on the grounds of the ignorant use of a possessive apostrophe when the poster pluralises Gray

• Like 4

An inflammatory online post from a site monitoring Mr Gray:

Liz says:

January 18, 2017 at 5:30 am

The needle is too merciful for an animal like this. Blacks want to know why cops look harder at them? Because so many of them are violent criminals who cannot be rehabilitated. Note that he and his nephew/co-conspirator were both previously released from prison for violent crimes. This is the result of 4th and 5th generation welfare. the 2nd Amendment is to protect decent people from the Ricky Gray’s of the world.

I'd have to say I find this rant inexcusable on the grounds of the ignorant use of a possessive apostrophe when the poster pluralises Gray

I can confirm that once he is executed there'll be no more Ricky Javon Grays.

You know how when you actually watch a kettle boiling it seems to take forever?

Just thought I'd mention that!

• Like 1

I'd say a stay is a forlorn hope as even SCOTUS has turned him down I gather. And it tickles me that Virginia offers them a choice between chemicals or electric chair. How very benevolent of them! That must be such a comfort. lol

• Like 1

Obit here.

Well then, seems I reclaimed the title! Once maryport certifies victory I shall be continuing the Deathrace tradition of charitable donation. Those two murderers might not exactly have admirable accomplishments on par with fathering your country's democracy, scooping the biggest news story of the century (on top of granting a lifeline to countless refugees), or raising the most populous country's literacy rate from 15% to 95%, but they can finally claim to be indirectly responsible for one good deed in this world, eh?

• Like 3

4th place on my first try ever. Not bad. Obviously some gambits didn't go as planned, but I plan on researching better for next time.

Also a well deserved congratulations to Death Impends.

Damn, only 18 days. That's some ass-kicking, well done!

Well done, DI.

Obit here.

Well then, seems I reclaimed the title! Once maryport certifies victory I shall be continuing the Deathrace tradition of charitable donation. Those two murderers might not exactly have admirable accomplishments on par with fathering your country's democracy, scooping the biggest news story of the century (on top of granting a lifeline to countless refugees), or raising the most populous country's literacy rate from 15% to 95%, but they can finally claim to be indirectly responsible for one good deed in this world, eh?

Congratulations DI - scoreboard update is coming.

Reet

Despite office distractions I think we're done with this - everyone into four figures:

Death Impends - 2073

Dead Cow - 1772

JoeyRuss - 1761

Pedro67 - 1425

Maryport - 1407

Deadsox - 1402

msc - 1079 pts

Drol - 1066

Gcreptile - 1059

Dr_T - 1057

At which point I'm opening inviting discussion about next year (assuming there is one).

Executions being the main point of debate - on a purely selfish level it's brought the current fun and games to a swift conclusion.

But even I am wondering about limiting the benefits of going that route in future. So, do we ban jokers on executions and do we limit the death row inhabitants on a team to one, two...?

We get rid of them altogether.

• Like 6

At the risk of being a party pooper, Maryport, I'd strongly suggest banning them entirely. We've never needed to before, but in nearly a decade no one has been thick enough*/smart enough (delete as applicable) to front load their team with them, just as no one has front loaded their team with missing but probably dead folk - yer Stricklands and so on.

But otherwise, it's not a game, is it? It's an announcement of victory at a scheduled time.

*doesn't refer to DI but I'd presume/hope he knew that anyhow!

• Like 7

Extra thought: unless I read it wrong, the original Deathrace rules never said anything about banning kids, but the current ones do. Did someone try to put one in their team after assumption no one would do that? Or was a clarification of an unwritten rule. With so many newer posters who might get involved in games over the years, that looks like a precedent to my sleep deprived brain for a ban on a certain category?