maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2017

Didn't think executions were allowed. Otherwise folk would load up on those scheduled for early January.

• Like 2

Didn't think executions were allowed. Otherwise folk would load up on those scheduled for early January.

Is that right?

*waves farewell to Morbidkid*

• Like 1

It's right that I thought people shied away from them. I don't know what Maryport thinks on the matter.

I think morbidkid changed his joker. His joker was King Michael of Romania, but now it has changed to Ricky Javon Gray. I don't think Morbidkid is allowed to change his joker, unless I miss something, so he might be banned from playing deathrace for life.

Who died and put you in charge?

I think morbidkid changed his joker. His joker was King Michael of Romania, but now it has changed to Ricky Javon Gray. I don't think Morbidkid is allowed to change his joker, unless I miss something, so he might be banned from playing deathrace for life.

Who died and put you in charge?

No one, which is why I brought it up.

Not tolerated in the Hare's Pool, once your list is in, it's locked on the Masterlist. However, additional subs can be added in the event of the death of one of your team pre-start up until the start of the game.

Indeed, I would prohibit these picks. There are six planned executions in the US in January. One could win with them alone.

Aye, relax man it's all in hand. There's been an off stage exchange of PMs whereby I've reminded mk of rule 12. To be fair he PM'd me to say he'd made the change - which also includes team members - at which point he was told the original team stands. Because he told me, I've waived the banning for life though anyone hereabouts drawing attention to his attempts at sleight of hand is also doing us a favour because we don't want to encourage this kind of behaviour eh?

This reminds me of way back when the DDP still allowed picks on death row (well, technically you can still pick them, they just have to die of other causes if you want points...) and the Shameless of its time, No Noose is Good Noose, looked like it could win at one point riding solely on such inmates. Though most of the condemned Americans who died failed to obit, so much like Shameless it wasn't much of a threat in the end.

Given obit standards here are much more lenient, I'd agree on executions being disallowed, though it's ultimately up to mpfc.

This reminds me of way back when the DDP still allowed picks on death row (well, technically you can still pick them, they just have to die of other causes if you want points...) and the Shameless of its time, No Noose is Good Noose, looked like it could win at one point riding solely on such inmates. Though most of the condemned Americans who died failed to obit, so much like Shameless it wasn't much of a threat in the end.

Given obit standards here are much more lenient, I'd agree on executions being disallowed, though it's ultimately up to mpfc.

Aye it is, and since this deadpool is down to getting them in in quick time and there's always the last minute cliffhanger of a stay of execution - we'll have 'em

So, anyone can pick 'em

We all on the same page wi' that?

Looks like I know who my joker is :D

Actually, my team probably won't have a ton of people are going to be executed. Part of that doesn't seem to be fair. I would probably limit the amount of people who are going to be executed per team so it doesn't goes out of hand and there still would be a fair shot for other people. That's my stance of the matter.

Wait, what? Execution picks are allowed?

Shit, time to change things up in my team.

No, but honestly, that's B.S. in my opinion. It takes no skill whatsoever to look up a list of planned executions. I'm pretty sure most will agree with me.

Here's one member of my planned deathrace team that didn't make the starting line: http://www.burnleyexpress.net/news/brave-raf-serviceman-loses-cancer-battle-1-8301201

A serviceman crowdfunding for cancer treatment in Burnley. You call that skill? Why not walk through your local cancer ward and jot down the names and then follow your local free sheet. The Burnley Express for fucks sake.

• Like 3

No, but honestly, that's B.S. in my opinion. It takes no skill whatsoever to look up a list of planned executions. I'm pretty sure most will agree with me.

Okay, so I'm hearing you's all on this one. And, it's a fair point that looking them up and listing the 20 closest to New Year's Day would be against any skill in the game. So, I'm happy to redraw a rule or two if there's overwhelming support.

Assuming we did - how many executees per team is reasonable to maintain the general low-hanger,get 'em off this mortal and onto the scoresheet ethos?

If you do, not enough to win on them. So that's one joker in January, then 3 other January hits?

Still, this is 9 years into this deadpool, and the subjects never came up before. I can't even recall a single execution hit.

If you do, not enough to win on them. So that's one joker in January, then 3 other January hits?

Still, this is 9 years into this deadpool, and the subjects never came up before. I can't even recall a single execution hit.

Nah, I can't either. FFS are we on our ninth?

We had one year when nobody hit the target. I'd say there's little danger of that in 2017.

Think so - 2009 was the first, aye? Of course 2015 was the best edition imo. B)

I agree with TadGuy.

• Like 1

why did you have to announce to the public you rat. Snitches get stitches.

why did you have to announce to the public you rat. Snitches get stitches.

Your welcome :P

I agree with TadGuy.

So, since I'll be taking Christmas off from posting hereabouts - I'd recommend a maximum of two likely execution cases on any team posted or PM'd from here on in. I'm hearing the objections and don't give a shits and reckoning that'd be a survivable way forward.

• Like 4

Selected my two and done.

There's two world leaders in bad shape in the hospital right now (y'all know who I mean, but I ain't revealing the names anyway), and I'm kind of having trouble deciding whether or not I should include them.

Jimmy Snuka might be one to eliminate, as he was given 6 months a couple of weeks ago. But you never know, he could go earlier; not to mention EVERYBODY will have him, and if he does go I don't want my spot on the leaderboard to suffer.

There's two "local newspaper" types I've had on since September, but their state of health was so bad back then, I'm fairly certain they died, and the newspapers didn't follow up on that. They're both Americans, and on this side of the puddle (yeah, whoever came up with the 'pond' thing thought they were so slick by making it seem small), newspapers tend to not give a shit about folks with cancer - at least not as much as in Britain.

When it comes to the execution picks, thank you mpfc for limiting the amount to 2! However, I still *probably* won't pick any. I just think it's cheating considering you know their exact date of death. Oh well, hopefully this doesn't fuck up my chances too much.

Also, what's happening with Carrie Fisher?

Die-cisions, die-cisions to make.