maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2017

Jimmy Snuka was not necessarily given 6 months to live. Dude is on trial for murder,his lawyer subsequently declared he will be dead in 6 months due to an undisclosed illness. Maybe he is an honest lawyer,but it also could be a situation like Lynne Stewart or Lockerbie Bomber and he is around a few more years.

The Deathrace is also unique because you can sort-of avoid the hard decisions. You can win with five quick hits (incl. joker). So you can gamble a little: five 50:50 heart attack/stroke cases, five simply old and frail people, five terminal cancer people and five... whatever...

The Deathrace is also unique because you can sort-of avoid the hard decisions. You can win with five quick hits (incl. joker). So you can gamble a little: five 50:50 heart attack/stroke cases, five simply old and frail people, five terminal cancer people and five... whatever...

Actually, for me it is the opposite.

I want to win; and even if I include a lot of dead-cert terminally ill folk, I'm still worried about how fast they'll die.

Which is why I took out Emma Morano and Yisrael Kristal, and am having trouble deciding if I should include Gregorio Alvarez and Mario Soares (it's either both or neither, cause if I choose just one - the other will die).

I want to win; and even if I include a lot of dead-cert terminally ill folk, I'm still worried about how fast they'll die.

Which is why I took out Emma Morano and Yisrael Kristal, and am having trouble deciding if I should include Gregorio Alvarez and Mario Soares (it's either both or neither, cause if I choose just one - the other will die).

Something that I am learning when doing teams for deathrace, Shaun's Deaths by Number's and the DDP for the very first time (not really taking the Hartlepool Deadlypool seriously and it's mainly old folk for hares) is your team can't just be filled with terminally ill dead certs. You got to find the right mix of 100% dead certs and the folk that may or may not die/obit in order to do well at these things. Of course, Deathrace I won't be submitting until the 30th, and Shaun's dead pool and the DDP will be submitted the 31st just in case more people announce their illness in the next week.

Aye, a total nailbiter eh?

Then there's always those randoms like George Michael that come out of nowhere.

• Like 1

1. Sasha Lakovic (Joker)

2. Leah Bracknell

3. Oliver Nome

4. Sean McEniff

5. Nick Boles

6. Gord Downie

7. Polo Hofer

8. John Wetton

9. Peter Skellern

10. Val Kilmer

11. Anna Holmlund

12. Mario Soares January 7

13. Nobby Stiles

14. Wade MacLeod

15. Bruce Langhorne

16. Michael Schumacher

17. Greg Gilbert (Delays)

18. Carsten Mohren

19. Colin Meads

20. Ian Brady

Subs:

I could say "damn I hoped 18 would be unique" but this would be the only pool I'd use them in...

You should probably provide subs cause someone could die in the next few days (specifically thinking about Soares).

@MPFC:

Your settings say you cannot recieve PM's. Please mend that or update the frontpage to correct the info.

My entries:

Name: "Club Whitehouse"

1) Kirk Douglas

2) James Hong

3) Karl Lagerfeld (Joker)

4) Ryan O'Neal

5) Chuck Yeager

6) Roger Moore

7) Waren Buffett

8) Don Everly

9) Prunella Scales

10)Lee Iacocca

11)Clois Leachman

12)David Prowse

13)Allan Arkin

14)William Shatner

15)Kris Hallenga

16)Carrie Fisher

17)Wim Wenders

18)Kim Novak

19)Jack Nicholson

20)Gene Hackman

Liz Smith dying saved me the trouble of being anxious about putting her on my list for here, and she will now be replaced with a terminally ill person. :)

I could say "damn I hoped 18 would be unique" but this would be the only pool I'd use them in...

He's already dead anyway.

1. Sasha Lakovic (Joker)

2. Leah Bracknell

3. Oliver Nome

4. Sean McEniff

5. Nick Boles

6. Gord Downie

7. Polo Hofer

8. John Wetton

9. Peter Skellern

10. Val Kilmer

11. Anna Holmlund

12. Mario Soares

13. Gregorio Conrado Alvarez

14. Wade MacLeod

15. Bruce Langhorne

16. Michael Schumacher

17. Greg Gilbert (Delays)

18. John Benoit

19. Colin Meads

20. Ian Brady

Any subs

You might need them, even this late in the proceedings

@MPFC:

Your settings say you cannot recieve PM's. Please mend that or update the frontpage to correct the info.

My entries:

1) Kirk Douglas

2) James Hong

4) Ryan O'Neal

5) Chuck Yeager

6) Roger Moore

7) Waren Buffett

8) Don Everly

9) Prunella Scales

10)Lee Iacocca

11)Clois Leachman

12)David Prowse

13)Allan Arkin

14)William Shatner

15)Kris Hallenga

16)Carrie Fisher

17)Wim Wenders

18)Kim Novak

19)Jack Nicholson

20)Gene Hackman

Might be the DL - most of my conversations are already deleted and the only stuff in there is me keeping back ups of the current Deathrace teams etc.

Oh aye, and post us a couple of subs, eh?

He's already dead anyway.

Typical. I was going to put him into one of the other DDP teams just to test the Daily Mail...

@MPFC:

My entries:

1) Kirk Douglas

2) James Hong

4) Ryan O'Neal

5) Chuck Yeager

6) Roger Moore

7) Waren Buffett

8) Don Everly

9) Prunella Scales

10)Lee Iacocca

11)Clois Leachman

12)David Prowse

13)Allan Arkin

14)William Shatner

15)Kris Hallenga

16)Carrie Fisher

17)Wim Wenders

18)Kim Novak

19)Jack Nicholson

20)Gene Hackman

Might be the DL - most of my conversations are already deleted and the only stuff in there is me keeping back ups of the current Deathrace teams etc.

Oh aye, and post us a couple of subs, eh?

Like I said, some subs eh - Princess Leah failed the pre-match fitness test

Switch Carrie with Shiley McLaine.

I think I'll sit out this year seeing as there is a rule kerfuffle. I'd simply offer up that if anyone can find a DP anywhere at all on the Internet where Death Row inmates aren't specifically excluded (if put to death as scheduled), then keep them in. There's a reason you won't find such a league....cuz including them is retarded. And RHPenguin, I'm certain you were being specious about the cancer ward, seeing as no one knows for sure when a cancer ward person will die (how's Wilko doing?) --but I know as a fact a person scheduled to die on a date certain. Anyway, enjoy your DP and good luck to you all.

SC

Here is my Deathrace 2017 team.

Zhou Youguang (J)

Imam Ahmad Abdelati (world's fattest woman)

Bob Barker

Tony Booth

Leah Bracknell

George H.W. Bush

Errol Christie

Gord Downie

Bruce Forsyth

Billy Graham (evangelist)

Matt Hirst (Australian opera singer)

Clare Hollingsworth

Jeanne Little

King Michael I of Romania

Emma Moreno

Connie Sawyer

Steve Sumner

Murray Walker

Eileen Whelan

Mary Wilson

Subs

Betty Cuthbert

Jimmy Carter

Thanks for running the competition and good luck to all entrants and chosen picks (especially those on other teams)

Switch Carrie with Shiley McLaine.

Sorted

Reet, had a think about a tetchy little problem raised in the run up to competition, how's this rule tweak?

2a: A player may enter as many team members facing state execution as s/he wants but said picks will only count for deathrace points up to and including the second fatality gathered in this manner. Any pick awaiting execution who dies by means other than state execution - murder, suicide, ill health - is exempted from rule 2a.

@MPFC:

My entries:

1) Kirk Douglas

2) James Hong

4) Ryan O'Neal

5) Chuck Yeager

6) Roger Moore

7) Waren Buffett

8) Don Everly

9) Prunella Scales

10)Lee Iacocca

11)Clois Leachman

12)David Prowse

13)Allan Arkin

14)William Shatner

15)Kris Hallenga

16)Don Lusk

17)Angela Lansbury

18)Kim Novak

19)Jack Nicholson

20)Gene Hackma[/size]n

Carrie Fisher subbed by Don Lusk. Certified member of the 100 club, one of the last original animators of Disney's Snowhite.

Furthermore the subs:

1) Shirley McLaine

2) Rip Taylor

3) Barbara Walters

Reet, had a think about a tetchy little problem raised in the run up to competition, how's this rule tweak?

2a: A player may enter as many team members facing state execution as s/he wants but said picks will only count for deathrace points up to and including the second fatality gathered in this manner. Any pick awaiting execution who dies by means other than state execution - murder, suicide, ill health - is exempted from rule 2a.

Definitely fair, so it prevents someone winning with just those picks (and if they die outside of state executions, it would be unfair preventing them from scoring in that means).

Submitting my team tomorrow. I have 3-4 people who will almost certainly not make it to Martin Luther King Day, the rest is just luck.

Just PM'd this list to Mary:

Deadsox 2017 Deathrace Entry

al Baghdadi, Abu Bakr

Boles, Nick

Booth, Tony

Bracknell, Leah

Butts, Colin

Corey, Prof. Irwin

Downie, Gord

Francis, Dorris

Graham, Rev. Billy

Gray, Ricky Javon (Joker)

Kristal, Yisrael

Lakovic, Sasha

MacGregor, Craig

Michael, King (of Romania)

Morano, Emma

Sims, Mark

Snuka, Jimmy

Soares, Mario

Sumner, Steve

Wetton, John

Sub #1 Hollingworth, Clare

Sub#2 Carlisle, Mary

You know when I said I wasn't submitting until the 30th? I lied. I PM'ed maryport today.

Anyways, good luck to everyone :)