Joey Russ

Advent Avalanche

Death Slam Form Guide #20

Zhou Youguang

uMeTCkV.jpg

Whereas most supercentenarians are solely famous for being ancient, this 110-year-old linguist has another claim to fame as the "father of Hanyu Pinyin" for his role in romanizing the Chinese language to make it more understandable by the masses. With his age, could Pinyin your hopes on him be the key to success in the Advent Avalanche?

Ok, I'm in but I can't guarantee I'll be online the 30th so I'll just send you mine for you to post on 30th. :) No one will take him anyway. Is that OK with you?

Why should you get preferential treatment?

It's always drama with you. It was just a question so calm it down a little...

Ok, I'm in but I can't guarantee I'll be online the 30th so I'll just send you mine for you to post on 30th. :) No one will take him anyway. Is that OK with you?

Why should you get preferential treatment?

It's always drama with you. It was just a question so calm it down a little...

linky

• Like 2

Death Slam Form Guide #21

Bessie Camm

So, here's a reality check since the rulebook is near enough the same at the MMDP - All the online photos of Bessie Camm that come from a short online search are smeared with copyright symbols. And the Deathlist posting rules tend to ban them. The Rotherham Advertiser are clearly banking these valuable items against the day she surrenders her title as Britain's oldest person in the traditional way such titles are surrendered. They know that such events are reported in fleeting snippets all over the press and - in any case - the low-hanger friendly scoring for the rapid-fire deadlines like this one is charitable to local papers like The Rotherham Advertiser

Bessie Camm

So, here's a reality check since the rulebook is near enough the same at the MMDP - All the online photos of Bessie Camm that come from a short online search are smeared with copyright symbols. And the Deathlist posting rules tend to ban them. The Rotherham Advertiser are clearly banking these valuable items against the day she surrenders her title as Britain's oldest person in the traditional way such titles are surrendered. They know that such events are reported in fleeting snippets all over the press and - in any case - the low-hanger friendly scoring for the rapid-fire deadlines like this one is charitable to local papers like The Rotherham Advertiser

So we need to get our own Bessiecam then?

• Like 2

Death Slam Form Guide #22

Vladmir Putin:

220px-Vladimir_Putin_2015.jpg

Heh Heh Heh. Supports future president Donald Trump, and have gone over his own term limit. Will an angry Hillary supporter kill him before Christmas? All you need to know.

Death Slam Form Guide #22

Vladmir Putin:

220px-Vladimir_Putin_2015.jpg

Heh Heh Heh. Supports future president Donald Trump, and have gone over his own term limit. All you need to know.

Well...

The date of his forthcoming death would be useful!

• Like 3

Bessie Camm

Nice to see Rotherham famous for something other than charity shops, unemployment and grooming.

Selecting your candidate for the Advent Avalanche Deadpool is now only 20 days away.

Death Form Slam Guide #23

Bob Dylan

2016-05-25-1464211797-4748536-BobDylanea

With the death of Leonard Cohen , will this Nobel Prize winner and spokesman of a generation pass on Christmas Day? Cause you do know the the times they are a changin.

Death Slam Form Guide #15

Lupita Tovar

Lupita%20Tovar%2002%202.JPG

She's 106

Was already an adult in her 20's when she acted in the first Mexican Talkie 84 years ago

One of the last people left on this planet who would think of Zsa Zsa as some punk kid

Time to file this one under the list of lost opportunities.

Death Slam Form Guide #24

D J Fontana

hqdefault.jpg

85 year old sole survivor of - as Scotty Moore put it - "the only band that was ever directed by an ass."

D.J.'s job was to try to keep time as Elvis whipped the crowd into hysteria and nobody on stage could hear a damn thing.

These days he's still up for talking about those days and - to date - his health ain't been that bad. But despite the low profile, Dominic (yeah, really) has several awards including being a Rock n Roll Hall of Fame inductee and credit on around 460 cuts with Elvis (albeit some of the total is accounted for by session versions never originally intended for release finally making the grade on late period box set releases).

In other words, he's obitable.

Death Form Slam Guide #25

Bruce Forsyth:

Bruce-Forsyth.jpg

He had a career lasting for over 75 years, only to finally retire this year due to health issues. With reports of him struggling to walk, will he get that Christmas bonus of death?

Death Slam Form Guide #26

Paul Lamb

VIDEO_130419_Paul_L_406024a.jpg

Shares our aims in a general sense since he's summat of a poster boy for the right to die. His campaigning hasn't earned the result he wants - to do with making individual choice of death a more workable option in the UK. But,he's ill, he's outspoken about wanting his own choice about ending it, and he's known to the press when he finally does head for the exit.

Just a reminder that the Advent Avalanche is now only two weeks away. Remember entries open at 7am EST (12pm GMT) and closes at 7pm EST (12am GMT), which is when the start of the competition begins. I already have a few people considered for my entry, and currently leaning on one particular person (won't say his or her name). Anyways, when the time comes in two weeks to send your champions in the arena, I wish you all luck.

Just a reminder that the Advent Avalanche is now only two weeks away. Remember entries open at 7am EST (12pm midday GMT) and closes at 7pm EST (12am midnight GMT), which is when the start of the competition begins. I already have a few people considered for my entry, and currently leaning on one particular person (won't say his or her name). Anyways, when the time comes in two weeks to send your champions in the arena, I wish you all luck.

FTFY and good luck with the site clock if it's not fixed by then. ;)

• Like 1

Death Slam Form Guide #27

Jake - Raging Bull - Lamotta

The brain cells that survived his boxing career have hung on impressively; but he's fighting time now, along with health problems. None of which seem willing to stop threatening him once 15 three minutes rounds are up.

MTE5NTU2MzE2MDQwNDMxMTE1.jpg

Death Slam Form Guide #28

Sara Coward

SaraCoward.jpg

Sara is an actress best known for her role as Caroline Sterling in the Archers.A role which she has played since 1977.Her characters major storyline`s have included working at the Bull with Sid many years ago then working at Grey Gables and taking it over when Jack Woolley retired and of course having an affair with Brian Aldridge .Not a well known name but certainly highly obit worthy as are most of the long serving Archers cast.Has recently been placed in a nursing home and admits she has not much longer left.

Death List Slam Form Guide #29

A.A Gill

article-0-038A918B0000044D-589_224x423.j

The famous (or infamous arguably) food critic of the Sunday Times has announced he has "the full English of Cancers" having being diagnosed with lung cancer that has spread to his spine and across much of his body.Big question is :Will he make Christmas Dinner?

Death List Slam Guide #30

Bobby Heenan

maxresdefault.jpg

WWE wrestling manager Bobby Heenan has now lost his jaw and most of his body mass due to throat cancer and has reportedly suffered several falls over the past couple of years.Could this Ronnie Biggs lookalike copy Rons yuletide timed demise this year?

Death Slam Form Guide #31

Gord Downie

the_tragically_hip___gord_downie_iii_by_

Canadian rock musician who is the lead singer of Tragically Hip.Also has worked as a solo artist and actor.Got worldwide attention by performing farewell concerts earlier this year after being diagnosed with a terminal glioblastoma.Could a December death get Gord to the top of the charts via a sympathy vote type buying frenzy?

Death Slam Form Guide #32

Charles Manson

Charles-mansonbookingphoto.jpg

Ha ha ha. Bwah Ha Ha Ha Ha Ha. BWAH HA HA HA HA HA HA!!!!

Death Slam Form Guide #33

propaganda-644350.jpg

Abu Bakr al-Baghdadi

Current leader of Isis

Packing heat and influence but also a man with quite a few notable enemies. Unlikely to see his winter fuel allowance and/or bus pass

• Like 1

Death Slam Form Guide #34

Ian-Brady-on-Saddleworth-Moor.jpg

Ian Brady

So old and so long banged up he's only known to the world in black and white and his cool stylish look has come back into fashion at least three times since he last had a chance to nip down the street and buy fags. His ongoing negotiations about his own death and whether he'll ever help people locate the final body (Keith Bennett) from the killing spree keep him semi-famous; but qualifying obits were assured from the day he was convicted, anyway. The Grim Reaper could hardly make a more welcome call in December as far as much of Britain is concerned - sadly only one of us could snag him in the Advent Avalanch