themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

I find it interesting that gcreptile prediction for the top 5 (in order) is himself, Spade, msc, myself and Bert Trautman. Let's see if those are the exact teams in top 5.

I find it interesting that gcreptile prediction for the top 5 (in order) is himself, Spade, msc, myself and Bert Trautman. Let's see if those are the exact teams in top 5.

Spade/Death Impends/DDT and 2 from Still Life/Poochie/Day in the Death/Heading Nowhere/Golden Slumbers and Love Boat to make the top 5 imo.

Didn't get the memo...I was sure Lardy had predicted an outright win for herself?

For myself, I'll predict...better than last year.

• Like 2

Didn't get the memo...I was sure Lardy had predicted an outright win for herself?

For myself, I'll predict...better than last year.

Obvs.

• Like 5

Wonder if Soares is close at all to to a drop 40 spot,think he has a slight chance of making the cut

Wonder if Soares is close at all to to a drop 40 spot,think he has a slight chance of making the cut

Probably not. Most of the sources were in Portuguese, so the regular dead pooler wouldn't pick him up. Certainly will be on more teams than last year though.

I'd guess not since he's the 2017 equiv of 2016 Pat Harrington Jr or 2015 Little Jimmy Dickens ie the really old but not a household name person who is an easy first week of the year death and neither of them made the Drop 40 (though Dickens came close iirc, to be fair his illness only cropped up a couple of days prior to the starting line).

A special anniversary post has been uploaded.

Many thanks to MSC for the original material.

Last update with the old logo and look, so enjoy...

• Like 8

No problems, glad you liked it.

So tempted to put this on my writer's CV...

• Like 3

No problems, glad you liked it.

So tempted to put this on my writer's CV...

That might get mixed reviews.

• Like 3

As for 2017, I have registered all the teams. All that there needs to be done is the coding but we've still got a bit to go.

538 teams this year, no doubt helped by a spike post Xmas as before chrimbo, numbers were looking a bit down on recent years.

Nearly 900 new names, over 120 new teams.

Big issue for me in 2017 is to do a tip-to-toe assessment of the whole database but I won't let that get in the way of getting the teams/celebs for 2017 up as quickly as possible.

12,000 names - it's getting unwieldy and as for the pics!

Edit: 537 teams. I counted one twice!

• Like 4

Hardest working man in deadpooling! If there was a doffing of cap smiley on the forum, one would be on this post!

You are awesome.

• Like 3

Could I just ask, if you've registered all the teams does that mean I should have had a confirmation email?

Oh yeah...I forgot about that!

Excellent work. And it must also help that the beginning-year celeb deaths are seeming a slower trickle than they were at the start of 2016.

• Like 1

Just received mine. Thanks for the hard work. It's takes a lot of effort in order to have something as successful as this. :)

Got my confirmation. Awesome, thanks. After the 2011 debacle I always double check I send the things to the right email, and then worry about it like a neurotic...

Excellent work. And it must also help that the beginning-year celeb deaths are seeming a slower trickle than they were at the start of 2016.

Aye, though I can't be the only person viewing the quiet first week of 2017 with suspicion. 2016 - bar a few ambulance chasing DDP points - started with a quiet first week or so in terms of notable deaths and then...chaos.

As for 2017, I have registered all the teams. All that there needs to be done is the coding but we've still got a bit to go.

538 teams this year, no doubt helped by a spike post Xmas as before chrimbo, numbers were looking a bit down on recent years.

Nearly 900 new names, over 120 new teams.

Big issue for me in 2017 is to do a tip-to-toe assessment of the whole database but I won't let that get in the way of getting the teams/celebs for 2017 up as quickly as possible.

12,000 names - it's getting unwieldy and as for the pics!

A huge thanks to you for running the competition, it clearly is a huge effort. If we're making comparisons to real sports then you're the Mark Clattenburg of deadpooling - you get on with it and make sure the game goes on with no error whilst somehow managing to stay in the background yourself. I'm sure a Chinese deadpool competition will bid for you soon.

Yes, it's seem even the grim reaper agrees that there was too much death last year. Will be interested to see what happens when he comes back from hiatus.

I think he just came back from hiatus because Soares has died. Don't know what else he has planned for this year though.

I think he just came back from hiatus because Soares has died. Don't know what else he has planned for this year though.

Probably a few heads of state, a few dozen septuagenarian rock stars who've long outstayed their medical viability, a couple of dozen notable nonagenarian actors/comediens and TV presenters and a hundred or so terminally ill folk who've appeared in the tabloids.

Oh yeah...I forgot about that!

Got it! Thanks for all your dead-ication. Do you see what I did there? 😄😄👍

• Like 1