themaninblack

Derby Dead Pool 2017

Well Donald Trump is in it for a kick off!

• Like 2

Wonder who's going to replace Zsa Zsa at top? Douglas probably.

Well Donald Trump is in it for a kick off!

That's good news for the cancer mum hunters of hereabouts, means the idiots casual players are still numerous enough that they'll benefit from their cancer mums. For those of us who are still waiting for rules to get rid of cancer mums/dying randos from the game that's both a good/annoying sign.

• Like 1

Trump being there doesn't surprise me as much as it should. When I did stats digging a few weeks back, I was reminded Obama qualified rather easily in 2009...

Trump being there doesn't surprise me as much as it should. When I did stats digging a few weeks back, I was reminded Obama qualified rather easily in 2009...

Yeah being the first black President I can see why some people thought someone might try to assasinate him back then.And with Trump because he is so hated within much of Military Industrial Establishment I could see a lot of people thinking the CIA or Pentagon will try an Assasination on him as a huge percentage of American's think JFK's death was an Inside Job.

Can we do a demographics survey on DDP entrants?

I'd be interested to see how many of our entrants are male v female, age demographics, nationality etc.

I'd be interested to see how many of our entrants are male v female, age demographics, nationality etc.

I'm a 15 year old American white male. There's one for you...

I'm a 15 year old American white male. There's one for you...

Remember to give a big like to themaninblack once he reveals all the teams. I'm really interested on what the new site will look like now the design has changed.

• Like 2

More a new lick of paint than anything radical. Soon now...

• Like 8

Some interesting people in the drop 40. Wetton surprises me. And Errol Christie made it in easily, another shock.

First of all, great job TMIB! Thank you so much for taking less than two weeks to not only update the site for the 2017 competition, but to redesign it.

Second of all, damn, I have 7 Drop 40 picks: Bracknell, Christie, Downie, King Michael, Skellern, Snuka, and Stefansson.

Third of all, pretty funny how none of the contenders are anywhere near the top. It's been a slow start of the year for cancer mums and D-list terminally ill celebs.

Fourth of all, yay, I got a unique with Sara Hankins! But it appears that you forgot about (or maybe intentionally dropped) the whole "coding the name of cancer mums" thing. May I recommend $@r@ H@nk!n$?

Fifth of all, Gilberts, Sims, Soares, and Sumner all came suprising close to making the Drop 40.

Thank you The Man in Black very much!

Pleased and surprised that my Gooseberry Crumble Team has four unique picks!

Will now check out the rest of the site!

Looks fantastic

Sterling work TMIB. Magnificent new design, and that colour scheme is so much easier on the eyes than the old design, and looks a bit more mid-noughties than late nineties :). A decent number of entries this year and an intriguing drop 40. I think the Drop 40 shows that even more competitors are doing serious research but thankfully that cancer mums are still the preserve of the wankers from this site with none of them breaking in.

11 drop forty picks should aid my chances.

10 uniques for Cobbles to a Coffin - not many highly likely to die; need more research done for next year.

Shot in the Dark is interesting. Literally the first 20 celebs I thought of without much moderation but still just the 4 uniques - none of them likely to die soon. Sadly the market on soap theme teams isn't solely mine due to the entry of Slippery Soap - but they're cheating and using more than one soap. That said four team members were not uniques due to one other team (Fuck you Clean Bill of Health for Sly Stallone, Cancel the Equity Membership for Ricky Tomlinson, Sweeney Todd's Nutritional Information for Lionel Richie and The Good the Bad and the Cliff Richard for Mary Berry) and one of them wasn't unique due to two other teams.

The deathlist team has 13 Drop 40 picks - so we can't really complain they don't represent people's views.

Worryingly Magere Hein has not submitted a team (unless he's changed it's name), might be confirmation of our worst fears.

One thing I noticed when inputting the teams is that as far as the leading contenders are concerned (and I reckon up to a couple of dozen teams have a chance) is that the age of the unique pick is over...

Can anyone else not see the new update?

F5 it like a bastard!

• Like 1

Might have to change the skull icons on the scorecard though. he new scheme throws them into relief a bit, but that's a minor quibble...

Someone else found Spade's only possible unique lol.

Main team: 0/20 uniques

Last second reserves: 4/20 uniques (Darren Sawchuk unique!)

That daft theme team: 16/20 uniques

:lol:

Also, thank goodness my "Gord Downie Drop 40" gamble paid off, though now it can't be jinxed...never in doubt..

Top work, as ever, TMIB, you deserve a cold can of whatever it is you drink (alcoholic or not) and a solid round of applause from all.

• Like 1

The Living End has 3 unique picks. Damn.

Can anyone else not see the new update?

If the suggestion of "F5 it like a bastard" above doesn't work try clearing your cookies (if you've got a standard clear history setting that'll do it automatically). I've found I've pretty much always had to do that to access new updates.