Grim Reaper

Leah Bracknell

:pop:

Yes, without the make-up, she's starting to look frightening.

She knows how to keep up a facade well enough to fool herself (which is why that esoteric mumbo-jumbo works for some - placebo effect).

Her eyes looks very baggy. I think she starting to get much more tired now. Imo, she still has about 2 months left or so. But I don't think she'll see 2019 by the looks of that...

Christ that is some deterioration in two weeks!!!:o

What stage of grief/bad news is acceptance? The last one? She still seemed in denial with the 'not my last Xmas' interview but this kinda came accross as yep I'm done now but going with my head up.

Then it kinda dawned it's probally just to sell tickets 

The eyes and the sunken cheeks are hard to watch now and I say that as someone who has seen some harrowing sights today.

15 minutes ago, Deathbysnoosnoo said:

What stage of grief/bad news is acceptance? The last one? She still seemed in denial with the 'not my last Xmas' interview but this kinda came accross as yep I'm done now but going with my head up.

Then it kinda dawned it's probally just to sell tickets 

No this is not about tickets.I gasped before I even played the video.She looks very gaunt and frail now. it seems incredible it is only two weeks since her Lorraine interview where yes she was very thin but this is a whole new level of weight loss now.Yeah acceptance tends to come nearer the end.

On 12/31/2017 at 19:27, GossipGabe said:

She will almost certainly die this year and has generated quite a few headlines lately, but let's be honest: who would've cared about her (now that she is nothing else but a Yoga instructor) if she wasn't a young-ish cancer mum with a terminal illness?

People who like British soap operas

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, FixedBusiness said:

People who like British soap operas

Exactly I remember her well as Zoe Tate in Ennerdale despite her leaving when I was just 11.

• Like 1

If she had just had a heart attack or stroke and died instantly she would still have got all the major obits from UK news sites.

• Like 2

1 minute ago, Sean said:

If she had just had a heart attack or stroke and died instantly she would still have got all the major obits from UK news sites.

As I said, when I first heard about her illness (before I posted it on the forums for the Mail to spot :P), I mentioned her name to the wife, and her response was immediately "Oh yeah, her!" in a sad voice without prompting as to who it was. So yeah, name value with non-deadpoolers.

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Sean said:

Christ that is some deterioration in two weeks!!!:o

Probably put up a hell of a fight to survive last year and have one last christmas . I wouldn't be surprised if she cancelled that show and was dead by end of January.

She's looking peaky...think my wallet and my arris may be safe.

Rumours in the press that she could return to Emerald.Seems to only be fuelled by Zoe's nephew returning to the soap.I would be astounded if she comes back.

Right, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't soaps have a habit of recasting characters? Because their soap insider says "Zoe could always return", not Leah, who will have a bit of problem returning before too long.

1 minute ago, msc said:

Right, correct me if I'm wrong, but don't soaps have a habit of recasting characters? Because their soap insider says "Zoe could always return", not Leah, who will have a bit of problem returning before too long.

Recasts are common not for a character so well established as Zoe though.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

Recasts are common not for a character so well established as Zoe though.

The deterioration between the Loose Women interview and that video yesterday (in what? 10 days?) suggests this is wishful thinking.

He wasn't on the list (as no one really predicts an out of the blue heart attack in a 67 year old on holiday in Spain) but it reminds me vaguely that in 2007, some of the press ran "Frank Butcher returning to Eastenders?" stories about a fortnight before Mike Reid died.

She'll be gone by Easter...

19 minutes ago, msc said:

The deterioration between the Loose Women interview and that video yesterday (in what? 10 days?) suggests this is wishful thinking.

Yeah she won't come back but I can't imagine Zoe would be recast.

Find this all a bit fishy .Holding an event and now linked with return to emmerdale? Get her in the spotlight (with talks of a return to emmerdale) and sell as many tickets as possible for this event as one last financial windfall? The money she raised for the gofundme I mean did she go to germany? She's blown some of it on pot and witch doctors that's for sure .She'll probably get a few grand in ticket sales from this event before dying.

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Find this all a bit fishy .Holding an event and now linked with return to emmerdale? Get her in the spotlight (with talks of a return to emmerdale) and sell as many tickets as possible for this event as one last financial windfall? The money she raised for the gofundme I mean did she go to germany? She's blown some of it on pot and witch doctors that's for sure .She'll probably get a few grand in ticket sales from this event before dying.

Aye & Robin Gibb was going to tour with Barry....less than a month poor woman.

• Like 1

Good for her.At least she kept it private rather than going the Jade Goody route.