Spade_Cooley

David Cassidy

Obligatory Peter Falk reference. That jokes not been made in at least a few seconds..

• Like 2

Explains a lot of his weird behaviour over the last couple of years.I am guessing the drink will get him before the dementia though.I mean it is nearly impossible to stay on the wagon when your mind is shot.

• Like 1

On the bright side his teeny pop hits have simple words and don't last too long - he's probably good for a farewell tour

Peter Gabriel would struggle through Supper's Ready if the same thing happened to him

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

On the bright side his teeny pop hits have simple words and don't last too long - he's probably good for a farewell tour

Peter Gabriel would struggle through Supper's Ready if the same thing happened to him

Peter Gabriel is on the record saying he always used to try to lip read the fans in the front row to remember the words. That was in his twenties.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Peter Gabriel is on the record saying he always used to try to lip read the fans in the front row to remember the words. That was in his twenties.

Is that how Glen Campbell got through his final tour?

• Like 1

Cassidy's website indicates he's going to devote his remaining energies to educating others: http://www.davidcassidy.com/blog/

I have some projects I am organising and I’ll let you know all about them when I can. I want to give back to society for all I have received for 49 years. My intention is to educate others about Dementia and Alzheimer’s.

Peter Falk has Alzheimer's

• Like 1

This is getting a bit much lately.

Though Charles Manson, Rose West and even King Michael are still not dead...yet.

• Like 2

:(

3 hours ago, John Robinson said:

In critical condition suffering from organ failure according to TMZ. https://www.google.com/amp/amp.tmz.com/2017/11/18/david-cassidy-critical-condition-organ-failure-near-death

Source ain't the most reputable, mind but the claims are really grim.

Start line in 2018 might be a big ask - Advent Avalanche on the other hand...

48 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Source ain't the most reputable, mind but the claims are really grim.

Start line in 2018 might be a big ask - Advent Avalanche on the other hand...

Reputable source:

Capture.JPG.46e6743a4dc67b9ccbaacc264c5b25bd.JPG

One of my picks in the Scavenger Hunt pool.  Too late now ...

• Like 1

It's on the BBC as well. Doesn't look great for him.

Aye and he "needs" a liver transplant; not that anyone is suggesting it's forthcoming.

Could - potentially - be patched up from here and stumble into the 2018 Drop 40 - but summat of a long shot

29 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Aye and he "needs" a liver transplant; not that anyone is suggesting it's forthcoming.

Could - potentially - be patched up from here and stumble into the 2018 Drop 40 - but summat of a long shot

I am guessing given his dementia no DR would be willing to perform such major surgery.Anaesthesia and dementia do not mix well plus the odds of him surviving the procedure would not be great considering he is now very frail physically and mentally.Also he told Dr Phil in February that he had informed his son he did not wish to live as a vegetable as his mother did so I would be astounded if the family tried to get him a new liver.

I can't see him making 2018.December is a big push too.

I wonder if the organ failure was the result of a recent fall from the wagon.Addiction is tough to resist particularly with Alzheimer's.

20 minutes ago, Sean said:

I wonder if the organ failure was the result of a recent fall from the wagon.Addiction is tough to resist particularly with Alzheimer's.

The imression I get is that he's never totaly been on that wagon. His live gigs and autobiography suggest otherwise but it isn't like he's spent so much time in front of others that he's been watched constantly. He needs a liver transplant and nobody is putting forward a reason to do with any bad luck he was born with; so he put the miles on his body, right?

He has had Alzheimer's for 3 years and has clearly drunk his liver into the ground .At 67 with dodgy kidneys he is a pretty poor candidate for a liver transplant.If he did get the liver transplant survived the operation and did not reject it it is likely he will continue drinking unless he is sectioned or put in a high security care home.Given his financial situation I doubt the family could afford continuing long term care.Also getting people with Alzheimer's to take tablets is pretty tough.

And I believe those with liver transplants need a lot of medication.

Just now, Sean said:

He has had Alzheimer's for 3 years and has clearly drunk his liver into the ground .At 67 with dodgy kidneys he is a pretty poor candidate for a liver transplant.If he did get the liver transplant survived the operation and did not reject it it is likely he will continue drinking unless he is sectioned or put in a high security care home.Given his financial situation I doubt the family could afford continuing long term care.Also getting people with Alzheimer's to take tablets is pretty tough.

Fair points and the only hope there is a generation of middle-aged women who plastered their bedrooms with his likeness back in the day could be mobilised to crowd fund Cassidy's desperate fight. Can't see it happening myself, regardless of the millions of records sold.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, Sean said:

Mickey Mantle was a souse and still -- and let's not dance on the head of a pin, it was purely due to name recognition -- not only was approved for a transplant, but bypassed plenty of regular folk like you and I to get one.  What did he last, 6 months?  POS. 
I will actually be sad to see Mr. Cassidy go.  It was American pop culture right about the time it started to matter to me, in that age 7+ bracket.
SC

• Like 1