Sign in to follow this  
Paul Bearer

Phil Oakey

What about Heaven 17, Lardy?  Do you like them? 

I love this, original Human League pre-girls.  Written by Phil Oakey.

Midge Ure ripped it off a bit in 'Fade To Grey'.

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Lard Bazaar said:

It's true. A whole career on the back of a ridiculous fucking haircut and a song that Shaz and Trace dance round their handbags to at every fucking 80s night going.  Every other song they've done has been dull as absolute FUCK and to top it off they're all fucking NORTHERNERS.  And those two dull fucking bints in the background, WHY?  AAAARGHGHGH I FUCKING HATE THEM I need a lie down.

...........but apart from that?:lol:

9 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

One of the most over rated bands of all time. 

This is rubbish, to be one of the over rated bands of all time, they must be rated, but they are not, never even heard of them.   Just googled him, looks like bit of a.....

As for Lord Neslon, a few weeks ago he said Gary Barlow was better than Lou Reed, so he obviously knows his stuff. 

• Haha 2

3 minutes ago, RobertMugabe said:

This is rubbish, to be one of the over rated bands of all time, they must be rated, but they are not, never even heard of them.   Just googled him, looks like bit of a.....

As for Lord Neslon, a few weeks ago he said Gary Barlow was better than Lou Reed, so he obviously knows his stuff. 

So you never even heard of this song? Shame on you...

33 minutes ago, Toast said:

What about Heaven 17, Lardy?  Do you like them? 

I love this, original Human League pre-girls.  Written by Phil Oakey.

Midge Ure ripped it off a bit in 'Fade To Grey'.

Heaven 17, one good song. Bit like Joe Dolce, he only had one good song too.  Now, I always thought ABC were crap ad well however I saw them live supporting Robbie Williams a few years back and they were quite good! 

6 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Heaven 17, one good song. Bit like Joe Dolce, he only had one good song too.  Now, I always thought ABC were crap ad well however I saw them live supporting Robbie Williams a few years back and they were quite good! 

.......as for Robbie Williams, what the fucking hell has he done to his face?

28 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

So you never even heard of this song? Shame on you...

We do not allow this kind of nonsense in Africa. 

• Like 2
  • Confused 1
  • Sad 1

1 hour ago, RobertMugabe said:

We do not allow this kind of nonsense in Africa. 

Right on Robert its filthy white supremacist rubbish. They call themselves the human league it has no black man more like the white supremacist league.

• Thanks 1
  • Confused 1

26 minutes ago, The Mad Hatter said:

Right on Robert its filthy white supremacist rubbish. They call themselves the human league it has no black man more like the white supremacist league.

:rolleyes:

• Like 1

12 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

True.
But it was their music that dragged me into gay dance clubs, and I'm neither gay nor can I dance.  But I DO enjoy a man buying me a drink.

Goddammit Lardy, I'm JUST LIKE YOU!

SC

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

From Human League's Facebook page:

"Further to our brief and rather badly spelt update last night here, as promised, is a slightly more detailed explanation of the issue surrounding the Lytham Festival. But before we get to that there are three groups of people we need to thank first:

Firstly we need to thank you our fans and most specifically the fans who were at the Lytham Festival, we hugely appreciate the understanding and compassion you have shown us and we are very sorry we were unable to perform for you last night. That was the first time in the bands entire career that we have had to cancel a show because of illness and it was not something we were at all happy to do, but we had no choice.

Secondly we would like to thank the promoters of the event Cuffe And Taylor. We have seen some comments here on FB and in other places criticising them for a perceived lack of communication but we have to say that from our point of view they were utterly brilliant and when someone in the headline act is taken ill so close to their stage time there really isn’t much anyone can do about it. They had less than thirty minutes to sort out an alternative plan for the rest of the evening in order to give the audience the best possible experience and again we are sorry for the situation they found themselves in, clearly it was none of their doing.

Thirdly we would like to thank the brilliant Midge Ure for stepping up and agreeing to play a longer set at almost no notice at all. We have no doubt he was fantastic and gave everyone at Lytham a wonderful performance, as indeed he always does. So many thanks again Midge, we owe you one.

As to the reason why we had to pull out of the event so close to our performance time there isn’t a lot we can add to what we said last night really. One of the band members was taken ill quite suddenly late in the evening and was barely able to stand let alone perform so we had a very difficult and uncomfortable decision to make. The person in question was treated by one of the onsite paramedics and returned to the hotel to rest. We thank you all for your concern and we are happy to say they are feeling a little better this morning.

Again, our sincere apologies for this turn of events."

So, they're not telling. 

Nothing to see here.

8 minutes ago, Toast said:

From Human League's Facebook page:

"Further to our brief and rather badly spelt update last night here, as promised, is a slightly more detailed explanation of the issue surrounding the Lytham Festival. But before we get to that there are three groups of people we need to thank first:

Firstly we need to thank you our fans and most specifically the fans who were at the Lytham Festival, we hugely appreciate the understanding and compassion you have shown us and we are very sorry we were unable to perform for you last night. That was the first time in the bands entire career that we have had to cancel a show because of illness and it was not something we were at all happy to do, but we had no choice.

Secondly we would like to thank the promoters of the event Cuffe And Taylor. We have seen some comments here on FB and in other places criticising them for a perceived lack of communication but we have to say that from our point of view they were utterly brilliant and when someone in the headline act is taken ill so close to their stage time there really isn’t much anyone can do about it. They had less than thirty minutes to sort out an alternative plan for the rest of the evening in order to give the audience the best possible experience and again we are sorry for the situation they found themselves in, clearly it was none of their doing.

Thirdly we would like to thank the brilliant Midge Ure for stepping up and agreeing to play a longer set at almost no notice at all. We have no doubt he was fantastic and gave everyone at Lytham a wonderful performance, as indeed he always does. So many thanks again Midge, we owe you one.

As to the reason why we had to pull out of the event so close to our performance time there isn’t a lot we can add to what we said last night really. One of the band members was taken ill quite suddenly late in the evening and was barely able to stand let alone perform so we had a very difficult and uncomfortable decision to make. The person in question was treated by one of the onsite paramedics and returned to the hotel to rest. We thank you all for your concern and we are happy to say they are feeling a little better this morning.

Again, our sincere apologies for this turn of events."

So, they're not telling. 

Nothing to see here.

So many words, so little detail.

When I saw the "he's only human" part of this thread, I thought we were talking about Rag N Bone Man:

He's only human

13 minutes ago, JR976evil said:

He's only human

Or is he dancer?

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

7 hours ago, The Mad Hatter said:

An African equivalent might be the Albino League? 

• Like 1
  • Haha 3

7 hours ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:

So many words, so little detail.

Sounds like a massive load of bullshit to me.  

• Thanks 1

On 05/08/2017 at 04:12, Lard Bazaar said:

Did you say that for a DARE?

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

27 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Enough of all these puns!!

Its just HYSTERIA now

• Haha 1

12 minutes ago, Lord Fellatio Nelson said:
42 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Enough of all these puns!!

Its just HYSTERIA now

There's still a strange FASCINATION though.

• Haha 3

1 minute ago, Toast said:

There's still a strange FASCINATION though.

Just TELL ME WHEN its all over Toastie.

Damn it, I thought of using that one last night but forgot.

Did they do a song called We're Shit?

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, Lard Bazaar said:

Did they do a song called We're Shit?

They did one called 'Seconds', if that's any help.

• Like 1

They apparently played Scarborough last night, so it can't have been anything really serious.