maryportfuncity

Deathrace 2018

8 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

I had Cryne, and my initials aren't by his names. Although I do like to see I took a unique name away from Death Impends. :D 

Sorted

8 hours ago, Death Impends said:

Ah, but you didn't! Looks like gcreptile picked Fu Da-Ren too, just he spelt him "Fu Da-Jen".

Yeah, that figures - changed accordingly unless GC points out the other person is real, terminally ill and living around the corner from him

• Like 1

8 hours ago, Toast said:

All mine are there except Barbara Bush.

Sorted

• Thanks 1

8 hours ago, CaptainChorizo said:

Carmen Franco passed a few days ago so the people who picked her backup's will have to replace that pick

Sorted

9 hours ago, Lard Bazaar said:

There ya go, read it and weep! :D:D

Mitzi Shore (founder of the Comedy Store) (joker)

Diana Athill (novelist)

Leah Bracknell (Emmerdale actress)

Montserrat Caballe (opera singer)

Ralph Clarke (old paedo)

Leonard Fenton (actor, Dr Legg in EastEnders)

Jill Gascoine (actress)

Clive James (writer and broadcaster)

Gaston Glock (gun bloke)

Tanya Jones (wife of Gazza-gonad-grabbing footballer Vinnie)

Stefan Karl Stefansson (actor)

Gudrun Ure (Supergran)

Brian Urquhart (World War II veteran)

Olive Newton John (Australian singer/actress)

Jimmy Greaves (footballing legend)

Burt Reynolds (actor)

Mary Wilson (widow of Harold Wilson)

Clarissa Eden (widow of Anthony Eden)

Linda Nolan (singer)

Franco Zeffirelli (Italian director)

Subs:

William Russell (Doctor Who actor)

Yoko Ono (homewrecking widow of John Lennon)

Priscilla Pointer (actress, was in Dallas)

And finally - a serious question

We had one late entry and she's a Deathlist legend and one of Britain's most cutting and hilarious bloggers

I'm minded to include her picks in the masterlist and let this one go as an oversight in a life blighted by alcohol abuse and an inability to concentrate for more than ten minutes without drifting off into another fantasy involving herself and Dave Grohl.

Obviously, she may then beat the lot of us

So, I'll count the opinions posted today and include Lardy's team unless the objections outweigh the approvals; currently 1-0 in favour cos I just voted

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

38 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

We had one late entry and she's a Deathlist legend and one of Britain's most cutting and hilarious bloggers

I'm minded to include her picks in the masterlist and let this one go as an oversight in a life blighted by alcohol abuse and an inability to concentrate for more than ten minutes without drifting off into another fantasy involving herself and Dave Grohl.

So, I'll count the opinions posted today and include Lardy's team unless the objections outweigh the approvals; currently 1-0 in favour cos I just voted

Make that 2-0 in favour

• Like 1

'Tis the season of good will; 3-0

• Like 1

Why not? More the merrier. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Joey Russ said:

Why not? More the merrier. 

This vote is only going one way

31 teams, then - masterlist updated

• Like 2

Oh you guys! I didn’t mean for you to bend the rules! I’m more than happy to watch from the sidelines due to my own inability to get my shit together to make the deadline however IF YOU INSIST! Thank you! 

PS look out for the New Year Blog - I don’t think I’ve posted links to it here before but I will do just that later! 

On 29/10/2017 at 13:33, maryportfuncity said:

Tim Rice Oxley - dy

That's an intriguing name...I've seen it bandied around on here a couple of times, what's wrong with him? (other than being in Keane who were a pile of cunt)

Derek Dudley will be the rare 366pointer once the obit appears.

• Like 3

Oh brilliant, I forgot all about the Hewlett rule! He was believed to be alive publicly until after the bells.

20 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

That's an intriguing name...I've seen it bandied around on here a couple of times, what's wrong with him? (other than being in Keane who were a pile of cunt)

Nothing. It's probably me that's bandied him around a couple of times. 

Ahh if only JJ Hanson's family took an extra few days to announce his death :P

5 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

I am happy for her list to be included.

11 minutes ago, Deathray said:

Nothing.

Righto. Is it wrong to be disappointed at that?

@maryportfuncity, sorry to be awkward, but looking over the masterlist in the light of day, and you have Willie Nelson next to my name! Checking every name, I think it's easily fixed. When Erica Garner died, my joker changed to Cas Willow, and my first sub Ian Toothill moved into the Deathrace 20. I suspect someone else's Garner sub might have been Willie Nelson and there's been a mix up? Thanks.

11 minutes ago, msc said:

@maryportfuncity, sorry to be awkward, but looking over the masterlist in the light of day, and you have Willie Nelson next to my name! Checking every name, I think it's easily fixed. When Erica Garner died, my joker changed to Cas Willow, and my first sub Ian Toothill moved into the Deathrace 20. I suspect someone else's Garner sub might have been Willie Nelson and there's been a mix up? Thanks.

Well Cas Willow is now dead, and it could've been searched beforehand, so no 366 points from her. My next sub is gravely ill Liam Miller. Of course the mass carnage comes on through...

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

Well Cas Willow is now dead, and it could've been searched beforehand, so no 366 points from her. My next sub is gravely ill Liam Miller. Of course the mass carnage comes on through...

I believe this puts Clive james in and leaves me without a joker.

Although... Willow announcement didnt show up on twitter search yesterday so widely expected to be alive ie bar one twitter notice? clutches at straws etc etc

Who's my sub for Cas Willow? Pete Frates...eh...

50 minutes ago, msc said:

I believe this puts Clive james in and leaves me without a joker.

Although... Willow announcement didnt show up on twitter search yesterday so widely expected to be alive ie bar one twitter notice? clutches at straws etc etc

Cas Willow is surely a 366 pointer 

As Mary picked Cas Willow he's got a tricky adjudication with a self interest.

i've got Cas Willow and I widely believed they were alive! :P

Incidentally I didn't pick Ian Toothill because I presumed he was dead but simply hadn't received an obit anywhere so we wouldn't know. In that situation if a QO showed up and he had been dead for months would he still be eligible for a Hewlitt?

Presumably not, though he was tweeting in November and has pals at Sheff Wed, so I assume it'd be on their forum at the very least. Plus, if a terminally ill person can't get an obit for climbing Everest, what can they do to get an obit?

Ah okay - I don't do social media so it is a bit of a death list blind spot for me.