ObakeFilter

Passed-Punks & No-Wavers

50 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Teresa Taylor aka Teresa Nervosa reported dead: 

DDP pick.

The important question is: Will she get a proper obit?

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, Book said:

The important question is: Will she get a proper obit?

It’s spread pretty fast around all the major music publications, I would be surprised if she didn’t QO at this rate. Tbh, I never really saw her as any QO risk until others felt that she was one

23 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

It’s spread pretty fast around all the major music publications, I would be surprised if she didn’t QO at this rate. Tbh, I never really saw her as any QO risk until others felt that she was one

I always thought she was a risky pick (qo-like), but I picked her in the DDP nevertheless. And everywhere else :D

2 hours ago, Perhaps said:

The Mirror for Teresa Taylor.

I’m sorry but that’s a truly incredible QO.  It’s just as obtuse as that Detroit Tigers baseball announcer a couple years ago.  Slow news day.  But as Sir Creep says, the only people guaranteed not to QO are the living.

11 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

I’m sorry but that’s a truly incredible QO.  It’s just as obtuse as that Detroit Tigers baseball announcer a couple years ago.  Slow news day.  But as Sir Creep says, the only people guaranteed not to QO are the living.

Dude, Butthole Surfers have a major cult following. Nothing obtuse about her getting one. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 1
  • Shocked 1

Idk how people can even doubt the obitability of someone akin to Teresa Taylor in the Yahoo game. Was basically guaranteed. Like Joey said, pretty big cult following and fairly influential in the scene.

Music aside she ended up as the promotional avatar for Richard Linklater's film "Slacker". Her small role in the film ended up being used for every poster and dvd/blu photo of the film. Likely would have also gotten a QO had she never been in the Butthole Surfers.

I’ve seen way more obscure musicians than Teresa Taylor get qualifying obits, how was this even a question? The Butthole Surfers had a hit song ffs that I still hear played today ffs. 

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, ObakeFilter said:

they pop one after the other

Let's hope all is well with funky bassist Simon Underwood!

In fairness to those of us who didn't go with Motherfucking Teresa, she left the Butthole Surfers some seven years before the release of "Pepper" (which, iirc, is completely unrepresentative of the rest of their work and seen by most of their fanbase as a bit of a sellout moment). I didn't know the Slacker thing at the time, which probably would have pushed the ticker to "pick" for me, but that's what sloppy research work gets you in the DDP.

Reports that Marcus Howells, vocalist with mid-80s Welsh punk exponents Foreign Legion, has died: 

Seem to have supported a lot of the more successful bands, but the charts were not for them. Anyway, here's a track from their first EP a mere 37 years ago:

• Like 2

On 30/06/2023 at 16:19, Slackhurst Broadcasting said:

Monte Cazzaza, American performance artist and associate of Throbbing Gristle.

What about him?  Oh, he died?  

Slim Dunlap's family is having a sale of The Replacements memorabilia to help pay for moving and medical costs. https://www.fox9.com/news/vintage-replacements-gear-for-sale-as-part-of-slim-dunlap-family-moving-sale

Slim suffered a debilitating stroke in 2012. https://www.thecurrent.org/feature/2013/06/10/slim-dunlaps-long-difficult-recovery-inspires-star-studded-songs-for-slim-project

Slim was guitarist of the Replacements from 1987 to 1991, replacing Bob Stinson (who passed in 1995). He is 71.

• Like 2

On 27/03/2023 at 20:49, ObakeFilter said:

Peter Murphy recovers from "an unexpected medical procedure that prohibits his ability to travel".

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/celebrating-david-bowie-dates-rescheduled-as-peter-murphy-recovers-from-unexpected-medical-procedure/

Peter Murphy's tour now cancelled:

https://www.brooklynvegan.com/peter-murphy-drops-off-celebrating-david-bowie-tour-due-to-ill-health/

Peter Murphy is industrial A-List because he's the frontman of Bauhaus.

• Like 2

On 10/10/2020 at 00:31, alt obits guy said:

Pierre Kezdy, bassist for the punk band Naked Raygun, has died. He was 58.

https://www.nme.com/news/music/naked-raygun-bassist-pierre-kezdy-has-died-2778442

Reports that John Kezdy, constant in Chicago post punk band The Effigies and Pierre's older brother, has died: 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, YoungWillz said:

Reports that John Kezdy, constant in Chicago post punk band The Effigies and Pierre's older brother, has died: 

Was apparently killed in a bike accident.

• Like 1
  • Sad 1

In August, Thurston Moore announced a book tour in support of his memoir, Sonic Life. The tour was set to begin later this month in the United States, but Moore has now canceled his dates in North America, citing “a longstanding health condition” that has “become rather, and consistently, debilitating.”

https://www.rollingstone.com/music/music-news/thurston-moore-cancels-book-tour-debilitating-health-condition-1234850501/

• Like 3