Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

That certainly wouldn't be the only draw you'd rig this time around. :D 

Well, Joey, I kid you not, I simmed a draw with the folk we had before Mr Key joined in - so not part of the actual game, just testing the procedure out - and it brought up a potential Joey/Grim Round 2 match!

• Haha 1

Squad of 20 assembled - pared down to 10 likely starters if they are living by then, just looking to sign up a couple more totterers before transfer window closes to improve a couple of weak positions.

Of course as it stands they won't be needed for the first round.

I don't see how we could be drawn as a potential second round match as the draw for round 1 doesn't predetermine round 2? Unless you drew a theoretical round 1, picked some winners and then drew round 2 as well.

1 minute ago, Grim Up North said:

Squad of 20 assembled - pared down to 10 likely starters if they are living by then, just looking to sign up a couple more totterers before transfer window closes to improve a couple of weak positions.

Of course as it stands they won't be needed for the first round.

I don't see how we could be drawn as a potential second round match as the draw for round 1 doesn't predetermine round 2? Unless you drew a theoretical round 1, picked some winners and then drew round 2 as well.

Remember the next round is drawn at the same time as the current round. So it were "Joey or Someone Else I forget vs Grim" as the potential Round 2 match.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Charon has confirmed his interest in participating, so that's all of the 2017 competitors who haven't either been banned or left the forum (to the best of our knowledge) in now.

Some of us hoping for slightly better luck of the draw. Still 4 days to enter, though.

Is the winner and runner up of last year'd deathlist cup going to receive by's and everyone else is random, or are all the by's random?

Is the winner and runner up of last year'd deathlist cup going to receive by's and everyone else is random, or are all the by's random?

I refer you to Rule 2 in the opening post!

2.    If we have an odd number of players ie 30 like in 2017, then certain players will get byes to the Second Round. This will be based on results from the 2017 Cup ie Winner first, then Runner up, semifinalists, etc etc

^ Grim also refers you to Rule 2 in the opening post.

Just announcing I'm about to PM my team named in honour of two great continental sides of recent years

It'll be called Inter Youngboys. It's unclear how old the child to be asked in the event of tiebreak option four is. So that name could be the making or death of my campaign.

• Haha 1

Just now, Grim Up North said:

Is it a theme team Mary?

Nope - just my best talent spotting guess with regard to those who'd find March 1st an impossible ask. I could've called them Fucked in February, I guess.

Wait a minute - someone should conduct their whole campaign like that

Fucked in Feb

Mullered in March 

Atrophying in April 

• Haha 1

In keeping with last year's overly-wordy title, my team this year will be called Great Railway Journeys with Hughie Gallacher and Robert Enke

18 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Inter Youngboys

Is that inter as in bury?

• Haha 1

I am in.My team name is Shaun of the Dead's magical funeral parlour.

SKY SPORTS STYLE BREAKING NEWS

The Deathlist Cup is always excited to sign up new talent to its roster, and is delighted to confirm that we have agreed terms with Sir Creep for participation in the 2018 Deathlist Cup.

As always, we wish every competitor the best of luck.

Yours,

Deathlist Cup Ref

• Like 1

Oooh exciting! A knight of the realm in The Cup. 

(and the first round bye gets less likely)

5 minutes ago, Grim Up North said:

Oooh exciting! A knight of the realm in The Cup. 

(and the first round bye gets less likely)

I think it’s points after results, so you’ll be safe for a bye until there’s only 4 empty spaces left since you had the highest scores of the losing teams that round. Though how will it decide between gcreptile and Spade since they had the same points if only one other person signs up? 

I think it’s points after results,

Hmmm - rule 2 is silent on this so I think you are making an assumption.

While Joey is half right that it's points after results, he forgets that "goal difference" is the third crucial decider, which, err, is somewhat against gcreptile in last years Quarterfinals...

ie the line of succession

1. Deadsox (winner)

2. Death Impends (runner up)

3. Heef (on points)

4. DDT (other semifinalist)

5. Grim (away goals exit)

6. Spade (better goal difference to Gcreptile)

7. Gcreptile

8. Rad Guy (1 point)

• Like 1

What time on The Dead Cow's 19th birthday is the draw/entry deadline - midnight?

Rad Guy (Phantom of somewhere or other) is now in Round 1; I'm sure the other Round 1 teams are not that eager for more entrants to drag GCR and Spade into the draw!

Draws etc are usually done as close to the close of entry as possibly.

As for others, some invites are in the post, but answers aren't expected. One top deadpooler I expect wont take part (though I'm delighted if wrong) and I respect their view. Others may yet enter in the last few days, though in reality I think we'll have around 25-28 competitors, short of an unexpected last minute surge. (Which is pretty good going for a deadpool outside the DDP imo.)

Also, as my maths is my maths, it is nice of other people to keep score on the "bye-line" as it were.

Oh we're doing team names - First In, First Out and Never Invited to an Orgy Again.