Sign in to follow this  
msc

The Deathlist Cup 2018

5 hours ago, gcreptile said:

Yes, I remember last year the Cup really burned me out. At some point, enough is enough.

You know you can just not bother and take a step back if you're being that fucking consumed by something you stupid wanker?

8 minutes ago, Deathray said:

You know you can just not bother and take a step back if you're being that fucking consumed by something you stupid wanker?

But how else can I get closer... to you...?

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

But how else can I get closer... to you...?

What the fuck are you on?

1 minute ago, Deathray said:

What the fuck are you on?

You say that you sometimes forget to take your meds... well, I never take them.

• Haha 1

8 minutes ago, gcreptile said:

You say that you sometimes forget to take your meds... well, I never take them.

Probably for the best, you're unhinged enough as it is without the intervention of pseudoscience. 

Going away from Deathray's rant, I have submitted my team of 11 plus subs. A very interesting mix of DDP names, names that have been seen before, names that have never been seen before, and one big name to round it out...

• Like 2

Just a shade under 35 hours left to get teams in. 17/24 in, 1 team just waiting to replace a pick, and reminds sent to the other 6.

So I presume my number one sub automatically replaces Paul Alcock which leaves me looking for two names to replace my rejects and at least one name even if I accept my second sub as one of my reject replacements.

Plus even more annoyingly he died too late for my Deathrace team and wasn't in my DDP team because I rejected him at only 9 points (only 9 points haha - a lesson learnt for next year).

Just now, Grim Up North said:

So I presume my number one sub automatically replaces Paul Alcock which leaves me looking for two names to replace my rejects and at least one name even if I accept my second sub as one of my reject replacements.

Plus even more annoyingly he died too late for my Deathrace team and wasn't in my DDP team because I rejected him at only 9 points (only 9 points haha - a lesson learnt for next year).

Don't worry, he's only 8 DDP points. :D  So much for my vote of confidence in his health, that's practically the kiss of death round here!

Yep to the above but you have time to send me them.

On 20/01/2018 at 00:16, msc said:

Because I was writing down the names fast there, I saw this and thought "lucky escape, Joey!" Only twigged when I was retyping down the second round ties...

(The sods law for Grim being he drew the man who stopped him getting seeded!)

Could be worse, could be Rover. Poor Rover. Luck of the Random generator...

On 20/01/2018 at 00:21, Joey Russ said:

On the other hand, this will be a very interesting match for March assuming Spade wins (sorry Rover)...

Ha, I hadn't forgotten my commitment to submit a team for this but thanks for the reminder. Been trying to put some thought into it although I'm woefully out of the loop regarding the top talent at the moment, but then realised I'd never actually seen who I was playing. Spade and DDT. Et tu msc?

Team to be submitted momentarily once I pick 4 more sacrificial lambs to survive February. :rolleyes:

22/24 teams in!

Team sent. Profile changed so I have a straw Donkey to take on the Cow.

• Like 1

Is it Spade or The Dead Cow the last team to send? 

Sir Creep's team sent in.  Team name The Month-to-Month Tenants

Notice I'm playing an owner who has been kicked off the boards for 2 weeks.  

On ‎1‎/‎29‎/‎2018 at 20:35, Joey Russ said:

Going away from Deathray's rant, I have submitted my team of 11 plus subs. A very interesting mix of DDP names, names that have been seen before, names that have never been seen before, and one big name to round it out...

Sounds good Joey.
I feel behind the 8 ball for some reason to some stalwarts here, as I am more interested in posting deaths first than holding on to secret living people lol oh well here is where I suffer for that.

Mine looks like a good deal of D40, plus a couple oddball names, one of my unique DDPs, and a couple names barely mentioned or not at all, including an obscure politician and what would a Sir Creep team be without a Univ Pres?
SC

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

Sir Creep's team sent in.  Team name The Month-to-Month Tenants

Notice I'm playing an owner who has been kicked off the boards for 2 weeks.  

He has been, but he did get his team in before he went off on a rant. That's the sort of forward thinking we approve. :D

Anyhow, with Sir Creep's side in, only one team left to come in, and no, Joey, I'm not naming who it is.

• Haha 1

12 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

Is it Spade or The Dead Cow the last team to send? 

It's me.

But I'm in now! Research has been mostly last minute this year, just haven't had much time on my hands. Hopefully I'll still manage at least a respectable performance, but I don't consider myself a competitor this year.

Good luck Pedro

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Bingo! Just rushing out the door so will add you to the masterlist when I get back in.

No byes for anyone in the First Round! Good luck.

• Like 3

The Masterlist is completed, I'll check the Wiki Deaths in 2018 page to spot any necessary subs before midnight.

113 names on the 2017 First Round Masterlist, 132 in 2018 as it stands! Incidentally, how many of those 113 are still with us? 66!

• Like 5

6 hours ago, msc said:

113 names on the 2017 First Round Masterlist, 132 in 2018 as it stands! Incidentally, how many of those 113 are still with us? 66!

That makes me feel better for the 5 of last year's team I was able to re-pick for old times sake then! :lol:

• Like 1

Ugh... found out about a perfect pick I could have known before submitting....

Ah well, the grass is always greener (or bluer?) on the other side.

9 hours ago, msc said:

The Masterlist is completed, I'll check the Wiki Deaths in 2018 page to spot any necessary subs before midnight.

So, Anne Hamilton Byrne (still breathing when I last checked) comes off my bench as the lifeless form of Paul Alcock is stretchered off having only survived the warm up.

• Like 1

2 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

So, Anne Hamilton Byrne (still breathing when I last checked) comes off my bench as the lifeless form of Paul Alcock is stretchered off having only survived the warm up.

Yep, seemed a bit apt too, given she was one of your deadpool survivors from last year - might pay dividends yet!