Sign in to follow this  
Joey Russ

The Joker's Dead Pool 2018

In fairness I was busy and I did have to sub 7 people last January, but LOL anyway.

I only remembered 4 people being subbed wit you. And in the off chance that you did have to use more than 5 subs, my leniency would’ve let you have another one come by without taking away points...

19 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

And now, the very first leaderboard. I did say that the bonuses are hidden, but if the participants remember from last year, there were some bonuses. First things first, almost everyone will receive 1 point for their public team reveal. The only two teams that PM'd their team to me, msc and Phantom of the Midway, will receive zilch. Next, if you didn't completely fill up the subs bench, you'll gain a point for each emptied spot. Subs that already have been in used or subs that are repeats of main team members do not count. Only The Dead Cow started with a completely empty subs bench, but since Kamprad went before the start, he lost one of his points. Still, he is currently in the lead. As for other people, leaving two subs open seems to be a popular choice to some, and because of that, Book, Gooseberry Crumble, Pedro67, Toast, and Torva Messor will receive two points. On the other hand, if you read the team list, you'll notice that msc still had eight subs remaining, and he started with ten. Because he went over the five subs, which is clearly in the rules, I will be docking him 1 point for each extra sub. However, instead of him losing five points, I'll only take the three that is currently shown in the team masterlist because I feel kind. I won't necessarily be so nice to the next person who does this (hopefully no one else does this again). Finally, a new bonus that I'm trying out, I'm going to give a point to the person who posted their team first and last. I have excluded my self for this so I'm at a disadvantage, so the winners of the first and last bonus point is FixedBusiness and CastAway.

Here are the scores!

1st - The Dead Cow - 5 points

2nd= - Book - 3 points

2nd= - Gooseberry Crumble - 3 points

2nd= - Pedro67 - 3 points

2nd= - Toast - 3 points

2nd= - Torva Messor - 3 points

7th= - CastAway - 2 points

7th= - FixedBusiness - 2 points

9th= - Bibliogryphon - 1 point

9th= - CaptainChorizo - 1 point

9th= - Death Impends - 1 point

9th= - drol - 1 point

9th= - Heef - 1 point

9th= - Joey Russ - 1 point

9th= - Unknown Man - 1 point

9th= - YoungWilz - 1 point

17th - Phantom of the Midway 0 points

18th - Msc - negative 3 points

First time I've ever been second in any pool on this website! 

Let's see how long it lasts :lol:

On a roll here with Chivers and Alcock so far. 

I know that the scoreboard will be updated a lot more frequently in the DDP this year. However, I still don't plan on doing the next Joker's update until the front page news is updated. Just wanted to clarify this in case anyone thought the updates would come a lot more frequently because of the scoreboard update...

FYI, while there is still a masterlist where I posted, I have copied a masterlist to the opening post now...

If Barys Kit doesn’t get an obit, that’ll be 8 people who will have a lost obitter, despite how interesting he is...

17 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

If Barys Kit doesn’t get an obit, that’ll be 8 people who will have a lost obitter, despite how interesting he is...

http://www.euronews.com/2018/02/03/rocket-fuel-inventor-dies-aged-107

Euronews has given him a mention so let's hope its not too long before one of the mainstream news sources does too. 

First update is coming tomorrow, featuring Sara Chivers and Paul Alcock. Thinking Barys Kit might be list of the lost I'm afraid, which would unfortunately be to the annoyance of 8 teams hoping to score points with him...

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Joey Russ said:

First update is coming tomorrow, featuring Sara Chivers and Paul Alcock. Thinking Barys Kit might be list of the lost I'm afraid, which would unfortunately be to the annoyance of 8 teams hoping to score points with him...

How many times you going to post that?

10 minutes ago, Sir Creep said:

How many times you going to post that?

Probably less than the 35 posts you made in the past two days...

We begin the real update number one with a nobody. That's right, Sara Chivers is the very first hit of the year. All three of the shameless begins with one base point, one first hit of the year point, and one for every person they guess in order until they jump back points. However, they also lose a point since they have chosen a shameless type on their team. I felt like increasing it to two cause of my annoyance of a shameless type being first, but I'm not that mean. msc gets an extra point for having her at spot 45. 

The second (and final) hit for this update is Paul Alcock. Everyone gets 1 starting point, and everyone except RadGuy and drol gets an extra point for guessing every pick in order till they jump back, though I can guarantee that it's the last time msc will be getting that. Chorizo gets an extra point for having him at spot #2 as well as Phantom, msc gets an extra point for having him at spot 50, drol gets an extra point for having him at spot #1, and CastAway gets an extra point for having him at spot number 2. 

Here are the scores!

1st - The Dead Cow - 7 points

2nd= - drol - 5 points

2nd= - Toast - 5 points

4th= - CaptainChorizo - 4 point

4th= - CastAway - 4 points

4th= - Phantom of the Midway - 4 points

7th= - Book - 3 points

7th= - Gooseberry Crumble - 3 points

7th - Msc - 3 points

7th= - Pedro67 - 3 points

7th= - Torva Messor - 3 points

12th - FixedBusiness - 2 points

13th= - Bibliogryphon - 1 point

13th= - Death Impends - 1 point

13th= - Heef - 1 point

13th= - Joey Russ - 1 point

13th = - Unknown Man - 1 point

13th= - YoungWilz - 1 point

The Dead Cow is still in the lead after this update, but it's early days though. Drol and Toast share the remaining podium places. Kudos to msc though, started out with negative 3 points, and now he jumped up to positive 3 points. As for me, I currently share the same place as Death Impends...

• Like 2

Ah but that means YWillz shares the same place as Death Impends! Winning!

BBC Sport Obit for Liam Miller, "Former Celtic and Manchester United midfielder dies aged 36"

Joker of my B-Team! (And so it begins again.)

Three decent sized hits since the last update. Has to have changed the leaderboard substantially.

Cheers Catherine, a hit at last and a Joker to boot :-)

Reverend Billy helps me out...the power of Christ compels me...second hit.

• Haha 1

1 hour ago, YoungWillz said:

Reverend Billy helps me out...the power of Christ compels me...second hit.

#MeToo

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

Productive month so far for my list with five hits, one of them a Joker.  (Fabray, Graham, Miller, Nevin, Tsvangirai).

Edited by Torva Messor
Nanette Fabray's passing 22/2/2018 announced