Grim Reaper

Olivia De Havilland

18 hours ago, Jasper de Havilland said:

Why are people surprised. I sent an article about it was her sad last days not too long ago:facepalm:

The experts at the National Examiner were not always wrong when they announced the sad last days of all sorts of people. 

Robert Redford, Julie Andrews & Dolly Parton, however, are still alive. :D

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sad+last+days+examiner&i=stripbooks-intl-ship&__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss

1 hour ago, ThePrematureBurial said:

The experts at the National Examiner were not always wrong when they announced the sad last days of all sorts of people. 

https://www.amazon.com/s?k=sad+last+days+examiner&i=stripbooks-intl-ship&__mk_de_DE=ÅMÅŽÕÑ&ref=nb_sb_noss

Even a broken clock...

• Like 3

On 27/07/2020 at 19:15, ThePrematureBurial said:

With the likes of Olivia, Vera and Kirk falling off their perch perhaps they would all be decent picks next year? Having said that, I don't see Dolly going anywhere yet. Redford and Julie Andrews perhaps though? 

• Like 1

As an aside, and a quick search shows a few of you have her on your lists, Renee Simonot, the voice of O De H's early films and mother of Catherine Deneuve, had a nice mention on Paul Sinha's General Knowledge on Radio 4 earlier this week. 108 and going well. Just mention in passing. 

9 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

As an aside, and a quick search shows a few of you have her on your lists, Renee Simonot, the voice of O De H's early films and mother of Catherine Deneuve, had a nice mention on Paul Sinha's General Knowledge on Radio 4 earlier this week. 108 and going well. Just mention in passing. 

If I had a bet on any celeb turning out to be a Deathlist or DDP regular, The Sinnerman would be high on that list.

• Haha 1

13 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

What was the context of her being mentioned?

7 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

What was the context of her being mentioned?

Duh. Can you read? 

16 minutes ago, msc said:

If I had a bet on any celeb turning out to be a Deathlist or DDP regular, The Sinnerman would be high on that list.

Maybe. But he only has Parkinsons which MJ Fox etc have had for yonks. That other bloke, and I had to look him up, Mark Labett, would surely go first. And those two women...….. shit I have just admitted I have watched the Chase of an afternoon. Time to take that little pill and lie down...……..

13 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Duh. Can you read? 

I can read and I still don't know the context that she was mentioned in. Did Paul Sinha say "Renee Simonot is at death's door"? Or "Renee Simonot is the fittest 108 year-old the world has ever seen"? Or just "Renee Simonot is Catherine Deneuve's mother and is still going at 108"? They could all be "mentions in passing" but provide very different contexts...

Or was the mention simply that she dubbed Olivia's early films? Because that wasn't clear from your OP.

• Thanks 1

Just now, RoverAndOut said:

I can read and I still don't know the context that she was mentioned in. Did Paul Sinha say "Renee Simonot is at death's door"? Or "Renee Simonot is the fittest 108 year-old the world has ever seen"? Or just "Renee Simonot is Catherine Deneuve's mother and is still going at 108"? They could all be "mentions in passing" but provide very different contexts...

Let us see. I started the passage with "as an aside". Then I ended it with "just mention in passing". And it is in the O De H's page just for those reasons. Now do you want your nappy changed or do you wish to go away and understand basic English. 

6 minutes ago, RoverAndOut said:

Or was the mention simply that she dubbed Olivia's early films? Because that wasn't clear from your OP.

And by the way, why have you changed your name/login/identity Ulitzer to RoverandOut in the space of two messages? Are you a cunt?

8 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Let us see. I started the passage with "as an aside". Then I ended it with "just mention in passing". And it is in the O De H's page just for those reasons. Now do you want your nappy changed or do you wish to go away and understand basic English. 

27 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Duh. Can you read? 

Absolutely no need to be so rude.

You haven’t said in what context she was mentioned. @RoverAndOut has explained this point to you seeing as you don’t seem to grasp the definition of “context”.

It’s you who can’t understand English. 

1 minute ago, Bentrovato said:

And by the way, why have you changed your name/login/identity Ulitzer to RoverandOut in the space of two messages? Are you a cunt?

LOL. I can assure you I only use one login.

You, on the other hand, are suspect. Death ray/Miracle Aligner perhaps? <_<

2 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

LOL. I can assure you I only use one login.

You, on the other hand, are suspect. Death ray/Miracle Aligner perhaps? <_<

Sad little Rover and out Boy. 

5 minutes ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Absolutely no need to be so rude.

You haven’t said in what context she was mentioned. @RoverAndOut has elaborated as to why.

It’s you who can’t understand English. 

She was the voice of O De H's early films. Did you not read that Rover?

3 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Read your own post. You didn’t say what she was mentioned for. You wrote that out separately. We all know that anyway, it’s been mentioned in this thread several times before.

Ok, I’m bored of talking to you now Deathray/Miracle Aligner. Good night :rolleyes:

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Bentrovato said:

Well that escalated unnecessarily quickly. You mentioned that as though it was her claim to fame.

Let me re-phrase your post to make sense:

Slightly left-field, but a quick search shows a few of you have her on your lists, Renee Simonot, the mother of Catherine Deneuve, had a nice mention on Paul Sinha's General Knowledge on Radio 4 earlier this week. Apparently she was the voice of O De H's early films - she's 108 and going well! Just mentioning in passing.

There, that wasn't so difficult was it? And not an insult in sight...

1 minute ago, Ulitzer95 said:

Read your own post. You didn’t say what she was mentioned for. You wrote that out separately. We all know that anyway, it’s been mentioned in this thread several times before.

Ok, I’m bored of talking to you now Deathray/Miracle Aligner. Good night :rolleyes:

Sad little Rover. Nice try. Troll someone else. Maybe you will have more luck on Twitter etc. 

1 minute ago, RoverAndOut said:

Well that escalated unnecessarily quickly. You mentioned that as though it was her claim to fame.

Let me re-phrase your post to make sense:

Slightly left-field, but a quick search shows a few of you have her on your lists, Renee Simonot, the mother of Catherine Deneuve, had a nice mention on Paul Sinha's General Knowledge on Radio 4 earlier this week. Apparently she was the voice of O De H's early films - she's 108 and going well! Just mentioning in passing.

There, that wasn't so difficult was it? And not an insult in sight...

Goodnight little Ulitzer/Rover. The dog bowl and blanket is in the corner for you. Troll elsewhere. 

I mean the language used and writing style between my posts and Rover’s isn’t even similar. Even if I had a split personality I couldn’t vary style and cover up identifiable give aways that quickly between signing in and out / switching between devices. 

Well, that’s the most inane and unnecessary argument I’ve read in a fair while.

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

3 minutes ago, The Quim Reaper said:

Well, that’s the most inane and unnecessary argument I’ve read in a fair while.

5D1024EA-CB68-4A07-B88F-A598D724EC7F.gif

1 hour ago, Ulitzer95 said:

5D1024EA-CB68-4A07-B88F-A598D724EC7F.gif

Which one's me and which one's you? Because clearly it wasn't Bentrovato's fault... :lol:

On 22/01/2020 at 20:36, Lafaucheuse said:

Oh yes thanks ! 
btw, Olivia is probably the person on the list i want the least to die. Tbh i think it will be heartbreaking to see her go...

Indeed it was - not only was she the last iconic figure from many a classic film (most notably GWTW) but she was the last living iconic figure from the 1930s. This is something I've not really seen anyone pick up on in articles on her passing. 

14 hours ago, CVJJ said:

Indeed it was - not only was she the last iconic figure from many a classic film (most notably GWTW) but she was the last living iconic figure from the 1930s. This is something I've not really seen anyone pick up on in articles on her passing. 

Last living adult iconic figure well known from the 1930s. You could make a case for HM the Queen who was obviously well known but a child in that decade. A little bit of history died with Olivia. You can't really say that about Leah Bracknell or most other deathlisters. 

• Like 1