Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

MMMDP 2018

1 minute ago, gcreptile said:

No, but I have a name...unless that gets taken away. One can possibly even guess it.

But I won't tell ...unless the next guess, and only the next guess, has it right. (Massive expectations, but it's a let-down.)

You know I was only joking when I mentioned her though, right? 

Just now, Joey Russ said:

You know I was only joking when I mentioned her though, right? 

I was thinking that after I posted. Mainly because she shouldn't have died months ago, but years ago.

MMMDP Form Guide #34 - Donnie & Ronnie Galyon

4.png

Q: What round on both sides and high in the middle?
A: O-HI-O
A2: a wheelchair used to cart a pair of wild and crazy brothers around.

Chang and Eng Bunker held the record for the longest surviving conjoined twins, and did so for over a century.  Then came a pair of Ohioans, the Galyon twins.  Surpassing the record (63 years) in 2014, they continue to advance the record with each breath.  Meaning they MUST have reached their end stage, no?  History says it's time for these 66-year olds, and we use the plural loosely, to depart.  Why choose one celeb when you can have TWO, and be joined at the hip with these fellows for MMMDP 2018.

MMMDP Form Guide #35 - Kavana

420x426.jpg?1428910456

While the Yanks have Celebrity Rehab as their holding pen for deadpool picks, over in Perfidious Albion we use Celebrity Big Brother. Why not shy away from the normie call of Daniella Westbrook and instead go with Kavana, who checked into rehab last year and has been fighting drink and drug issues ever since he.... I don't even know. I thought he sang "Breath Again" but that was Adam Rickett. Also, his knee looks like an aerial photo of Terry Nutkin.

13 hours ago, Sir Creep said:

MMMDP Form Guide #34 - Donnie & Ronnie Galyon

4.png

Q: What round on both sides and high in the middle?
A: Ohio
A2: a wheelchair used to cart a pair of wild and crazy brothers around.

Chang and Eng Bunker held the record for the longest surviving conjoined twins, and did so for over a century.  Then came a pair of Ohioans, the Galyon twins.  Surpassing the record (63 years) in 2014, they continue to advance the record with each breath.  Meaning they MUST have reached their end stage, no?  History says it's time for these 66-year olds, and we use the plural loosely, to depart.  Why choose one celeb when you can have TWO, and be joined at the hip with these fellows for MMMDP 2018.

A fair point and one not covered in the rules so let's remedy this:

1 - Conjoined twins tend to take each other rapidly out when one dies - but if you're picking two it's local time of death for the SECOND one. 

2 - The prize stays the same (though feel free to argue the toss about FOUR pints/ TWO double spirits if we ever meet at a DLCon)

• Like 1

MMMDP Form Guide #37

o-BARBARA-WINDSOR-facebook.jpg

Peter Falk

S'funny but every time we do a form guide someone always recycles the same old jokes and you can - kind of - remember them, but they also seem kind of new. I think there's a name for the condition that does that to you but I'm fucked if I can remember how to pronounce it and spelling it always gave me a headache.

• Like 1

On 5/1/2018 at 18:35, Zsa Zsa's leg said:

MMMDP Form Guide #11

Tessa Jowell

This British politicians was diagnosed with Glioblastoma in May of last year. Attempting treatment. Been quiet recently.

FDCBA504-A2B0-4440-AD71-944D7E003818.jpeg

Nope, not one for June. Next! 

MMMDP Form Guide #38 Edward De Bono

Surprise!

Image result for edward de bono

• Haha 1

MMMDP Form Guide #39

vera-lynn.jpg

Dame Vera Lynn

101 year old living national treasure and reportedly crumbling a lot less than those chalk cliffs she was warbling about whilst Hitler's henchmen were shooting up the bomber crews who regarded those cliffs as a sight of sactuary. We've watched with interest as other extreme oldsters have clung on with resolution and slowly succombed to the inevitable. She's summat of a long shot in that regard. Care home resident but still notable for intact marbles...at least she is today. Could a stroke of dead pooling luck be just round the corner?

MMMDP Form Guide #40

th?id=OIP.bouLL5iZRYLG0D5icZG3kgHaJQ&pid

Peter Tork

76 year old former member of the pre-fab four (Monkees). The man's cancer battle was carried out in the public domain nine years ago with him using Facebook as a news channel and means of inciting friends and fans to stump up cash for cancer research. His current website diverts those in search of news to FB where the man appears active and willing to combine day to day events with photos of activities like talking about the history of folk music. Into Zen Buddhism, healthy eating and the worthy end of the hippie dream - so he looks like a long shot.

• Like 1

MMMDP Form Guide #41

_75421114_75421105.jpg

Ian St John

Turns 80 seven days into the MMMDP. If we gave out partial points for loss of diseased body parts then the bladderless and prostate-less St John would already have a smattering of such rewards. Former television "personality" and a Scots international who knocked in a creditable nine international goals in 21 appearances (the kind of return many highly rated modern strikers would want per international game). The jury's out on when he'll score for dead poolers though his increasing popularity on the DDP is some indication of the esteem in which he is held.

Less than ten whole days. 

Anyone else sensing that big match atmosphere starting to build?

MMMDP Form Guide #42

June Whitfield.

A June for June. I could have picked one from 4 and I almost did a 4 in one form guide but I thought I would go with the National Treasure.  Star of Carry On, Terry & June, Ab Fab. Now reported to be in frail health but does have a scheduled interview with Gyles Brandreth next month so she might be looking for an excuse. 

June-Whitfield-999791.jpg

• Haha 2

MMMDP Form Guide #43: Enzo Apicella

e47510_ad2df2526dbf45e1ae84e9b1d7a640eb.

I've always felt that 1922 was the most deadpooly year (just check its alum), so why not skip the obvious picks like Betty White, Stan Lee and Bill Macy and go with someone out of left-field. Possibly the only man in history to combine the careers of political cartoonist and interior designer, Enzo Apicella created the decor for Pizza Express back in the 1960s, rejecting the chianti-bottle-and-checked-tablecloth look of traditional Italian restaurants in England, and still publishes one satirical cartoon a day. Could be a "cult pick", could be a bust...

4 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

Less than ten whole days. 

Anyone else sensing that big match atmosphere starting to build?

Yes especially as I found off I have the day off work so can be a serious contender.

Aye, looking forward to it, MPFC, providing I manage to get online while there's still openings!

4 minutes ago, Sean said:

Yes especially as I found off I have the day off work so can be a serious contender.

You took a day off work to win a deadpool? :o And I thought Joey was overthinking it the other day...

:P

• Like 1

MMMDP Form Guide #44: Tony Marino

image.png.cb3bebadd5133604e0bd00ea15dd2fb3.png

Look, up in the sky! It's a bird, it's a plane, it's...

The Oldest former WWE title holder who is still alive

Just now, msc said:

Aye, looking forward to it, MPFC, providing I manage to get online while there's still openings!

You took a day off work to win a deadpool? :o And I thought Joey was overthinking it the other day...

:P

No it happened to be a day off as per my shift pattern.

Before checking the thought of claiming it on annual leave crossed my mind.:p

• Haha 1

MMMDP Form Guide #45

Jose Jose

Mexican singer who is in a nursing home suffering from pancreatic cancer.Also has emphysema and Bells palsy. Only 70 but looks 110.

5a7a3d0fd28eb.jpeg

MMMDP Form Guide #46

Matt Cappotelli

Former wrestler who beat brain cancer over 10 years ago but had to retire from wrestling as a result.Was diagnosed with brain cancer again (glioblastoma multiforme stage 4) in July 2017. Now receiving palliative care after treatment was discontinued earlier this month.Now is always tired struggling to move talk eat or even stay awake.Question is can he make June 1st?

30711148_1765843083438099_8823235695100297216_n (1).png

MMMDP for guide #47

Wolfgang Bosbach

Senior Germany politician from the CDU in the Bundersrat who retired due to the prostate cancer he has had since 2010 spreading to the lungs in 2016.He has also had heart failure for over 20 years.Turns 66 next month.Could be a party pooper In this competition.

On a side note his youngest daughter is incredibly fit!

WoBo_presse.jpg

MMMDP for guide #48

Sir Eric Pickles

Former Conservative MP and cabinet minister.No known health issues but is 66 and morbidly obese and seeing as he has just been given a peerage this little piggy might overindulge at the trough soon.

I saw him once in person and he is fatter than he looks on TV.So the camera does lie.

298879_1.jpg

MMMDP for guide #49

Earl Cameron

image.thumb.png.9b6bc51bc77aa68c2266cf1665958245.png

50% of previous MMMDP winning entries have been Black British Males with the initials E C.With those kind of historic stats on your side, it means picking this CBE Centenarian gives you a 50/50 chance to win

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Sean said:

MMMDP for guide #48

Sir Eric Pickles

Former Conservative MP and cabinet minister.No known health issues but is 66 and morbidly obese and seeing as he has just been given a peerage this little piggy might overindulge at the trough soon.

I saw him once in person and he is fatter than he looks on TV.So the camera does lie.

298879_1.jpg

On the one occasion he visited near me he met the local Conservative MP for lunch in a curry house and shifted more for lunch than many people do in the same place for dinner. 

• Like 1
  • Haha 2