Sign in to follow this  
maryportfuncity

MMMDP 2018

8 hours ago, DevonDeathTrip said:

As usual I'm putting a cup squad together at the last minute, so I'm going to just trust your judgement and throw him straight in the team.  You can tell me what's wrong with him in the morning. :)

Twitter thinks he's very ill. I don't know what's wrong.

Twitter also told me that Gardner Dozois was very ill. So I hope for a repeat.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

Jon Hiseman now has a "matter of days" left per a post on his public Facebook group :skill2:

Fu Da Ren now in Switzerland to receive euthanasia.

19 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

Jon Hiseman now has a "matter of days" left per a post on his public Facebook group :skill2:

Dead according to a Facebook comment.

3 minutes ago, Joey Russ said:

Dead according to a Facebook comment.

There was an announcement made about him being close to death which led to people misinterpreting it. Still wouldn't be surprised if he dies today.

So he is not dead yet?

2 minutes ago, drol said:

So he is not dead yet?

Not yet. But it sounds like he's in the active phase of dying.

I was hoping that I would never have to post this latest news of Jon's fight to overcome his brain cancer. 

It comes from Ana:
"We have been told there is no hope for my dad now and it will be just a matter of days. He will be moved to our local hospice as soon as possible. At the moment he is not receiving any treatment or food - he is in a peaceful state and gradually drifting away."

I know that you were all hoping the the promising 'response' signs were signalling recovery, but sadly, it was not to be. He will greatly missed by so many who had  occasion to meet him...if even if only briefly. At least we know that he is not suffering any pain.      Colin [Richardson]

Hold on a few days, Johnny!

I found a lot more comments on his death on Facebook. Seems like it could be true, though he might also be still alive...

52 minutes ago, Death Impends said:

34 minutes ago, drol said:

Fu Da Ren now in Switzerland to receive euthanasia.

At the risk of sounding slightly insensitive...

Oooh! It's a race!

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

17 minutes ago, msc said:

At the risk of sounding slightly insensitive...

Oooh! It's a race!

Slightly!

What are you like with the brakes off?

• Haha 1

I think there are some other strong picks as well. 

Matt Cappotelli - Ended all possible treatment, and truthfully I am surprised to see him going. Thought he’d be dead now.

Colin Butts - Reportedly in hospice. While I’m not sure he’s that far along, he definitely seems to be in a much worse place than last year. 

Meng Lang - Being a Chinese dissident fighting terminal cancer, it’s not really a good combo to have healthwise. 

Bertie McMinn - Twitter chatter is saying he’s very ill, and it sounds very serious. 

Right, so that will be Loongkoonan and Olivia de Haviland dying tomorrow in spite of these seriously ill people...

• Like 1

A couple of great picks. It will be over with the death reports on monday at latest.

And I thought Jon Hiseman could be a sneaky unique DDP pick. So wrong on many counts...

The only reason why I didn’t pick anyone close to death this time was because I wanted to put some more focus on my finals. If I did take this a bit more seriously, I probably would’ve either picked the Mexican journalist already mentioned a couple of times or the Swaziland Prime Minister (both said to not be in the best health right now)...

1 minute ago, Joey Russ said:

The only reason why I didn’t pick anyone close to death this time was because I wanted to put some more focus on my finals. If I did take this a bit more seriously, I probably would’ve either picked the Mexican journalist already mentioned a couple of times or the Swaziland Prime Minister (both said to not be in the best health right now)...

tbh, when you mentioned the Swaziland PM, this went through my head:

Sir Creep, circa 11pm: Goddamnit Joey!

Sir Creep, circa 1am: Oh thank god, DDT didn't pick him after all.

:D

Cappotelli would have been my pick, but I also knew Sean would nab him. Really, theres a good chance 17 of 21 wont be eligible for the Advent pool.

• Like 2

There are so many strong (weak?) names in the running that 7-10 deaths within 21 days seems likely. If all of the names survive for a few days then we'll reach a point where they start dropping like flies.

If everything goes as scheduled Ren won't see Monday.

Yeah, I figured on a race

So I picked a racing driver!

Seriously, it'll be interesting to see how many picks make it to midsummer's day

• Like 1

This is the most competitive deadpool I have ever been in and the most interesting due to the high quality of picks.

• Like 2

I don't have a clue who half of them are.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Sean said:

This is the most competitive deadpool I have ever been in and the most interesting due to the high quality of picks.

Well...we're all thinking that.

If the entire field survived the month would we leave the Deathlist, get religion or just shrug and get on with it?

• Like 2

3 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

Well...we're all thinking that.

If the entire field survived the month would we leave the Deathlist, get religion or just shrug and get on with it?

I wonder what the odds are of all picks living until July.Must be lest than less than winning the lottery. 

The picks are all so solid that I would not be overly surprised if they all go in the next 21 days.

2 minutes ago, Sean said:

I wonder what the odds are of all picks living until July.Must be lest than less than winning the lottery. 

The picks are all so solid that I would not be overly surprised if they all go in the next 21 days.

Haha - you so fucking would'

I reckon Olivia will be the last candidate standing.

If either Hillman Or Fu da Ren are alive next weekend I will be astounded.