DeathClock

Joe Biden

4 hours ago, Grim Up North said:

I’m calling bollox on this (or you need go see a doctor)

You sleep for 7 hours then sleep for another 2 hours then another 2 hours and then another 30 mins and you are only 50?

So 11.5 hours a day every day - if you do actually have an illness please be honest about it in your post rather than making out this is a normal and positive way to live your life each day.

The only medical conditions I have are type 2 diabetes, controlled by pills, high blood pressure, and essential tremors. All my brain scans are normal. However I have always had strange sleep patterns, as a teen I could go multiple days without sleeping then when i was in my early 20's I started falling asleep at odd times, such as in the middle of writing a university exam, But that was a rare occurrence. My current sleep pattern kicked off about 5 years ago, but my doctor hasn't got an explanation. I just make it work by grabbing naps when I feel tired and don't have to be doing my job. To me the amount i sleep seems normal.

5 hours ago, TQR said:

I only tend to get around 3-4 hours a night and daytime napping is an impossibility unless I'm ill. But I'm not worried; Margaret Thatcher managed on that for years and she...was a psychopath who had dementia yeah fuck I'm screwed.

Rather depends what you're doing with the rest of your time in bed, really. 

5 hours ago, Sod's Law said:

I can't sleep during the day at all, nor in a seated position. Which is strange since all my older relatives can turn themselves off like a light switch whenever they like. Is there a point where you get to about fifty and this off switch magically appears in your brain? 

Have you considered the fact that being turned on gets progressively harder with age, so after 50 off is the default setting as opposed to something which requires significant effort?

32 minutes ago, Master Obit said:

Have you considered the fact that being turned on gets progressively harder with age, so after 50 off is the default setting as opposed to something which requires significant effort?

Good point. I just find it funny that the amount of sleep the brain needs goes down with age, but at the same time, old people seem to be able to clock off in an instant while I remember finding it harder to get to sleep the younger I was. It's like nature's not really worked this system out all that well.   

Is it me or is the real problem with Biden's potential frailty that the fear is that the US could end up with President Harris by default and this has been sown in the minds of voters.

I will admit her visibility in the first term hasn't been great but she hasn't sexually assaulted anyone, committed fraud or advocated armed insurrection. Is there a whiff of misogyny about the whole thing - Hell she's not even Dan Quayle

• Like 3

12 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

Is it me or is the real problem with Biden's potential frailty that the fear is that the US could end up with President Harris by default and this has been sown in the minds of voters.

I will admit her visibility in the first term hasn't been great but she hasn't sexually assaulted anyone, committed fraud or advocated armed insurrection. Is there a whiff of misogyny about the whole thing - Hell she's not even Dan Quayle

Interesting point, because she started badly the perception hasn't been great but the shortest route to re-jigging the ticket is to put her first because that means they can legitimately use the funds already raised. I've heard a few commentators suggesting she's grown into the role to the point she'd be a good president and - more to the point - a black woman with a sharp mind debating Trump might well work to swing the crucial undecided voters and win back the ethnic minorities who've slowly trickled to Trump over the last four years. The job is to beat Trump, whatever the ins and outs, Biden's chances on that one job are clearly decreasing. 

• Like 3

There is no way Biden is getting re-elected after last night's gaffes, and the probability of him being made to step aside as Democrat candidate must surely have rocketed. 

• Like 6

Yeah, Biden cant win. His appearances after the debate were better, yesterday's appearances were even good - except for those two slips of the tongue, or mind. Those get the headlines.

Yet more proof of Trump & Putin collaboration:

1591316625_Image12-07-2024at17_15.jpeg.6ad7ea26ac83ac233658a58761bf1ba2.jpeg

• Haha 12

He feels very very determined to carry on.

1 minute ago, The Old Crem said:

Sounds familiar somehow.

Someone seriously needs to dangle a pocket watch in front of Newsom's or Buttigieg's face and see if that changes their minds on taking up the Dems presidential campaign baton. 

13 minutes ago, Sod's Law said:

Someone seriously needs to dangle a pocket watch in front of Newsom's or Buttigieg's face and see if that changes their minds on taking up the Dems presidential campaign baton. 

if they dont do it still then im free in november

2 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Probably thinks JFK has told him to stay in the race.

• Haha 1

2 hours ago, En Passant said:

Sounds familiar somehow.

Bader Ginsburg , Feinstein?

Fair play

1124748317_Image12-07-2024at19_46.thumb.jpeg.4bf3d87e3b65920996bcf42fd6239ef5.jpeg

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Sean said:

Bader Ginsburg , Feinstein?

I meant the old crem actually, but was trying not to be too rude.

However, yeah, i see your point.

11 minutes ago, En Passant said:

was trying not to be too rude.

That's far too much effort on Deathlist dot net. Don't bother ya cunt :)

• Haha 1

I feel like Biden's been a great president, but with two gaffes yesterday, I don't know if there's a way to come back from that. It's a shame because so many great things have happened overall under his administration. To be honest, I also think Trump has gotten worse as well mentally and the media should cover their issues equally.

Will he get through his address to the nation without another moment? 

5 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Will he get through his address to the nation without another moment? 

He stumbled a little but certainly sounded more coherent than previously. I bet he had a teleprompter on standby to be sure.

He looked frail today at his White House address today but he didn’t make any gaffes. 

Giving an Oval Office address as well Pre-recorded? 

3 hours ago, The Old Crem said:

Giving an Oval Office address as well Pre-recorded? 

It's uncommon to do so.

Biden reported to have said he'd consider withdrawing if a medical condition emerged. Reading between the lines I wonder if this is laying the ground for him to announce his withdrawal from the race in a way that doesn't look like he was forced to, where he can claim circumstances changed.