Jump to content
the_engineer

Ideas and Possibilities for 2020

Recommended Posts

5 minutes ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

 

Wiki notes they really need a citation for the claim she "lives in Glasgow" - really skimpy article, it's possible she's already dead, surely

 

National Gallery thinks she's alive and a quick check doesn't bring up any death certificates for a likely Schuster in Scotland to December 2018.

 

She may of course be long gone (I've never heard of her!) but absence of proof so far.

 

1 minute ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

Both 85, Marsh had a stroke in 2011, Atkins overcame breast cancer in 1995

 

Obitable for sure but nowt on their current state of health

 

Marsh was apparently rehearsing, felt faint and woke up in hospital. Tried to leave only to be told it was Intensive Care! Thankfully she made a swift recovery, but yes, she was been a lot quieter in general since.

 

Atkins is still acting - was in Doc Martin earlier this year - and looked in fine fettle in that thing with Dames Smith, Dench and Plowright last Christmas.

 

Obvious statement here, but I think all the Great British Acting Dames from that period of time (those 5 plus Sian Philips and Diana Rigg) will all make fine DL regulars one day.

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
8 minutes ago, msc said:

 

National Gallery thinks she's alive and a quick check doesn't bring up any death certificates for a likely Schuster in Scotland to December 2018.

 

She may of course be long gone (I've never heard of her!) but absence of proof so far.

 

 

Marsh was apparently rehearsing, felt faint and woke up in hospital. Tried to leave only to be told it was Intensive Care! Thankfully she made a swift recovery, but yes, she was been a lot quieter in general since.

 

Atkins is still acting - was in Doc Martin earlier this year - and looked in fine fettle in that thing with Dames Smith, Dench and Plowright last Christmas.

 

Obvious statement here, but I think all the Great British Acting Dames from that period of time (those 5 plus Sian Philips and Diana Rigg) will all make fine DL regulars one day.

 

Not forgetting Patricia Routledge

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
6 minutes ago, Bibliogryphon said:

 

Not forgetting Patricia Routledge

 

Ah yes. Feel shes decent odds for debuting...in 93 days or so.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
2 minutes ago, msc said:

 

Ah yes. Feel shes decent odds for debuting...in 93 days or so.

She was a few days older than my Dad who died earlier this year.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
20 hours ago, Nasquacker said:

Obviously Alex Trebek should he survive the end of this year. Eva Marie Saint should also be up for consideration as she's 95 now 

I do think there is an excellent chance that Alex Trebek won't see the end of 2020- his stage 4 pancreatic cancer has come roaring back and they are throwing more chemo at it,  in spite of his great optimism and courage- too bad

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

image.png.50faa460acbbd99b0bd8c938ecdbc355.png

Maitland Ward who played Rachel on the 90's Teen Sitcom "Boy Meet's World" is now a porn actress.  A possibibility for Overdose if too much of her salary goes up the nose

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, the_engineer said:

Singer Sia has EDS. Yea no idea who she is either. Maybe our Aussie posters will know her. 

 

https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/world-australia-49944051

 

 

 

 

She wrote and sang the best song of the past decade! Chandelier!

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, ebless said:

 

It's an age thing.

 

Absolutely.  I stopped following the lastest music in my early 20s. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
12 hours ago, gcreptile said:

She wrote and sang the best song of the past decade! Chandelier!

 

Have to check that song out. 

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

 

Have to check that song out. 

Be careful. Just ruined a perfectly good shirt.

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, gcreptile said:

She wrote and sang the best a song of the past decade! called Chandelier!


FTFY

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, the_engineer said:

 

Absolutely.  I stopped following the lastest music in my early 20s. 

 

 

When I was a teenager my mates would come round, I'd put some music on and usually someone would say...you paid money for this shit!?

 

That was some time ago and nothing much has changed. Still convinced it's the rest of the planet that gets it wrong. But if you follow the marginal nut jobs and visionaries your place with regard to the latest music is constant, whatever age you are.

  • Like 1

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
9 hours ago, maryportfuncity said:

 

 

When I was a teenager my mates would come round, I'd put some music on and usually someone would say...you paid money for this shit!?

 

That was some time ago and nothing much has changed. Still convinced it's the rest of the planet that gets it wrong. But if you follow the marginal nut jobs and visionaries your place with regard to the latest music is constant, whatever age you are.

 

Oh I've experienced that.You can imagine in my teens and college years me putting on pink Floyd, Bach etc to people who like 6 hour night club tracks.  Most of the people I knew loved that type of music,  but not my cup of tea. It's safe to say they were more judgemental on my type of music than I was of theirs. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 minute ago, the_engineer said:

 

Oh I've experienced that.You can imagine in my teens and college years me putting on pink Floyd, Bach etc to people who like 6 hour night club tracks.  Most of the people I knew loved that type of music,  but not my cup of tea. It's safe to say they were more judgemental on my type of music than I was of theirs. 

 

 

Aye, fuck knows why when it's so damn catchy but my mates struggled to get on board with this toe tapper:

 

 

  • Like 2

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, the_engineer said:

 

Oh I've experienced that.You can imagine in my teens and college years me putting on pink Floyd, Bach etc to people who like 6 hour night club tracks.  Most of the people I knew loved that type of music,  but not my cup of tea. It's safe to say they were more judgemental on my type of music than I was of theirs. 

 

When I was 15 in Maths class, I made up a Metallica mix tape for a guy in the class who said he'd never listened to "that type of music". They replied by making me a Neil Young and Johnny Cash one. I think we wound up both changing the others fundamental music tastes!

 

Although now I love Cash, Young AND Metallica, naturally. :D

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 11/09/2019 at 20:45, alt obits guy said:

Aaron Carter diagnosed with schizophrenia, bipolar disorder, manic depression and anxiety.

 

https://etcanada.com/news/504478/aaron-carter-reveals-hes-been-diganosed-with-schizophrenia-bipolar-disorder-manic-depression-and-anxiety/

 

 

 

That coctail of mental calamity is reality TV gold, surely - he'll be looked after and will easily see 40

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 26/09/2019 at 16:05, The Watcher said:

John Manners who was 105 yesterday & is the oldest ever first class cricketer having played county cricket in 1936. 

 

Gilbert Melville Grosvenor (b 1931) who was for many years the editor of the National Geographic Magazine which began in 1888 & has always had an iconic yellow border on its front cover. He is also the great grandson of Alexander Graham Bell.

 

 

Mere children compared to the oldest living first class cricketer (who is British and likely obitable), Eileen Ash: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Eileen_Ash

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2019 at 19:09, msc said:

 

When I was 15 in Maths class, I made up a Metallica mix tape for a guy in the class who said he'd never listened to "that type of music". They replied by making me a Neil Young and Johnny Cash one. I think we wound up both changing the others fundamental music tastes!

 

Although now I love Cash, Young AND Metallica, naturally. :D

 

I loved Cash's live album at Folsom prison.  The crowd in the background makes it very special and unique, and cash of course it's excellent. 

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
On 07/10/2019 at 13:09, msc said:

 

When I was 15 in Maths class...........


 

Fingernails-scratching-a--007.jpg

istockphoto-162592126-640x640.jpg

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
7 hours ago, Sir Creep said:


 

Fingernails-scratching-a--007.jpg

istockphoto-162592126-640x640.jpg

 

It's been called that in Scotland for over 30 years, mate. Don't be old.

 

:P

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites
1 hour ago, msc said:

 

It's been called that in Scotland for over 30 years, mate. Don't be old.

 

:P


The length of time (albeit minimal if true) isn't relevant.  I've expressed how horrible your British name for the study of mathematics is.  And I'm unanimous in that.  BTW have you any idea how long it took for me to find that awesome signature chalkboard?   Needed posting!
SC

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Maths = Mathematics

Nothing wrong with that. 

We also say meths for methylated spirits. 

  • Like 3

Share this post


Link to post
Share on other sites

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

  • Recently Browsing   0 members

    No registered users viewing this page.

×

Important Information

Your use of this forum is subject to our Terms of Use