Gooseberry Crumble

I predict the grim reaper is going to be 'like a super strong enema 'in 2020

With the sad new Alex Trebek  has died  we are now only two 'hits' away from breaking the deathlist  record.  It is increasingly  obvious the enemas power is not a bluff.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

With the sad new Alex Trebek  has died  we are now only two 'hits' away from breaking the deathlist  record.  It is increasingly  obvious the enemas power is not a bluff.

He's also broken the Drop 40 record.

• Like 2

With the news of the death of Peter Sutcliffe we have now equalled the record year of 2017 and we are on track I believe to make a new record. 

• Like 5

2 hours ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

With the news of the death of Peter Sutcliffe we have now equalled the record year of 2017 and we are on track I believe to make a new record. 

But "we" can take no credit for it.

The prospects for a record breaking 18th hit are now pretty good. 22 out of  the 32 years deathlist has been going have had at least one  hit on or after this date (Nov 13) inc 14 of the last 16 years so it would be unusual to not have at least one more hit . 

• Thanks 1

1 hour ago, Toast said:

But "we" can take no credit for it.

:lol: 

I’m up to 21 on my list, they can keep their fucking credit.

I have to wonder what the enema’s plans are for ‘21...

2 hours ago, The Quim Reaper said:

:lol: 

I’m up to 21 on my list, they can keep their fucking credit.

I have to wonder what the enema’s plans are for ‘21...

Watch this space!

• Haha 1

5 hours ago, CoffinLodger said:

The prospects for a record breaking 18th hit are now pretty good. 22 out of  the 32 years deathlist has been going have had at least one  hit on or after this date (Nov 13) inc 14 of the last 16 years so it would be unusual to not have at least one more hit . 

what are the chances of getting two or more hits?

• Like 1

On 13/11/2020 at 17:04, Deadpool said:

what are the chances of getting two or more hits?

Quite high. 9 of the last 16 years have had at least 2 hits after Nov 11.It has to be said that only one year before 2004 did though.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Gooseberry Crumble last spotted on a flight home from Argentina?

• Haha 5

With the death of the former French President  the deathlist record has been smashed.

Despite doubts by some the enema has delivered  ....and isn't  necessarily finished in terms of official deathlist names and other big names not on this years deathlist......

• Like 1

To be honest I knew this would be the record breaking year. When you have a pandemic which primarily kills people over 70 and majority of DeathList picks over 80 it just simply connects. I think we might have one more death before the year ends.

1 hour ago, TheSpinosaurus said:

To be honest I knew this would be the record breaking year. When you have a pandemic which primarily kills people over 70 and majority of DeathList picks over 80 it just simply connects. I think we might have one more death before the year ends.

covid killed 2 people on the list who were already on their last legs and it took 10 months prior to the arrival of covid in Europe to kill anyone on the list

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Banana said:

covid killed 2 people on the list who were already on their last legs and it took 10 months prior subsequent to the arrival of covid in Europe to kill anyone on the list

No?

Not much of a fan of FTFY generally, well, not for spelling or general grammatical errors where the meaning is clear and it's just a typo, (largely because sooner or later I'll have egg on my face when I inevitably do it)  but I can't get my head around exactly what you mean if you did mean to use prior.

Since the year is ending, 2020 had his moments (mainly in May, when it killed off Tun Tin, Balbir, Hyun Soong-jong and Stanley Ho) but it failed to obtain a clean sweep. Somehow Dilip Kumar incredibly survived (talk too soon? We'll see...), Thich Nhat Hanh, Geelani, Tin Oo, Mikis Theodorakis, Leslie Phillips soldier on. Some particularly tough classes suffered relative poor losses:

1)Iranian Ayatollahs: Mohammad Yadzi who died today is the most prominent one. The perkiest ones, including Khorasani, Golpayagani, Jannati and a plethora of them born in the 1920s, were untouched even by the harsh pandemic in Iran.

2)North Korea military and apparatchiks: Hwang Sun-hui and another old lady were the most significant deaths. A whole generation seems to linger on and was untouched by 2020. Ri Yong Mu, Choe Yong Rim, O Kuk Ryol, Choe Thae Bok, Hyang Yong-sop, Kim Yong nam... I don't even mention Kim Yong-ju because the controversy about his status. 2021should put a little more effort here.

3)Chinese elder politicians/military. I think the visit list of Xi Jinping for this New Year's Eve is identical to last year's. Jiao Ruoyu, Wang Hai, Li Liqong were the only significant deaths, which are few, expecially compared to a general wipeout which took place between 2017 and 2018. Surely 2021 will be harsher.

4)Indian centenarians and freaks: Thimmakka, Fauja Singh, Philipose, Venkatasubbiah are all left unscathed by this pandemic.

Moreover, some new immortals were created: Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik, Saleh Ajeery, Ma Shitu, David Musuguri, exc. 2021 has plenty of work to do and should focus on this old basterds instead of taking Argentine football managers again. Unless they are Bilardo of course :P.

• Like 5

8 minutes ago, drol said:

Since the year is ending, 2020 had his moments (mainly in May, when it killed off Tun Tin, Balbir, Hyun Soong-jong and Stanley Ho) but it failed to obtain a clean sweep. Somehow Dilip Kumar incredibly survived (talk too soon? We'll see...), Thich Nhat Hanh, Geelani, Tin Oo, Mikis Theodorakis, Leslie Phillips soldier on. Some particularly tough classes suffered relative poor losses:

1)Iranian Ayatollahs: Mohammad Yadzi who died today is the most prominent one. The perkiest ones, including Khorasani, Golpayagani, Jannati and a plethora of them born in the 1920s, were untouched even by the harsh pandemic in Iran.

2)North Korea military and apparatchiks: Hwang Sun-hui and another old lady were the most significant deaths. A whole generation seems to linger on and was untouched by 2020. Ri Yong Mu, Choe Yong Rim, O Kuk Ryol, Choe Thae Bok, Hyang Yong-sop, Kim Yong nam... I don't even mention Kim Yong-ju because the controversy about his status. 2021should put a little more effort here.

3)Chinese elder politicians/military. I think the visit list of Xi Jinping for this New Year's Eve is identical to last year's. Jiao Ruoyu, Wang Hai, Li Liqong were the only significant deaths, which are few, expecially compared to a general wipeout which took place between 2017 and 2018. Surely 2021 will be harsher.

4)Indian centenarians and freaks: Thimmakka, Fauja Singh, Philipose, Venkatasubbiah are all left unscathed by this pandemic.

Moreover, some new immortals were created: Meshulam Dovid Soloveitchik, Saleh Ajeery, Ma Shitu, David Musuguri, exc. 2021 has plenty of work to do and should focus on this old basterds instead of taking Argentine football managers again. Unless they are Bilardo of course :P.

I see...

instead of the typical "Who died in 2020" year-end list, you give us the "who isn't yet dead" list.

On 03/12/2020 at 08:21, Banana said:

covid killed 2 people on the list who were already on their last legs and it took 10 months prior to the arrival of covid in Europe to kill anyone on the list

To be fair, without those 2, we wouldn't now be in a record-breaking position.

All in all, the approximately 10% rise in overall mortality in the USA and Western Europe this year didn't make a new record a certainty, but it did make it more likely. 

On 09/12/2020 at 18:22, drol said:

Bilardo is a VERY GOOD name for the next year Deathlist....

On 28/12/2019 at 21:04, Gooseberry Crumble said:

Also if Kirk and Olivia went that would be a milestone in terms of the golden age of Hollywood?If enough legendary soap icons also passed away eg Barbara Windsor, Julie Goodyear, June Brown that too would feel watershed and notable in terms of popular culture. 

3/5 of the people mentioned here have gone this year.

• Like 1

So the enema has  taken  the deathlist within touching distance  of a possibly  phenomenal  20 hits .Only days to go to find out.

Regardless of whether 20 is reached the enema has proven to be incredibly  powerful and effective  in 2020.

1 hour ago, Gooseberry Crumble said:

So the enema has  taken  the deathlist within touching distance  of a possibly  phenomenal  20 hits .Only days to go to find out.

Regardless of whether 20 is reached the enema has proven to be incredibly  powerful and effective  in 2020.

I bet if there's a 20th hit it will be the most obscure person on the list that we didn't even think about much.Imelda Marcos for example...

• Like 1